|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim enjoy doing at the camp?
(a) Writing letters
(b) Causing trouble
(c) Singing camp songs
(d) Playing cards
2. Which men does Jim especially pick on in camp?
(a) The cooks
(b) The young guys
(c) The small guys
(d) The new guys
3. What does Jim never eat at breakfast?
4. Why does Norman accept the invitation?
(a) Because he is curious about Jim's house
(b) Because his mother tells him to do it
(c) Out of politeness
(d) Because he does not have anything better to do
5. Why is Norman always determined to stay up with Jim's pace?
(a) He never wants Jim to win out over him.
(b) He wants to build his upper body strength.
(c) He wants to earn more money than Jim.
(d) He wants a good performance review.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Norman refuse to complain to Jim about his sawing?
2. What is Jim's overall personality?
3. What happens at the end of the season?
4. How does Norman end each day?
5. What does Norman feel Jim is doing all summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What question does Jim not ask Norman at dinner?
2. How does Norman perceive Jim's letters?
3. What is Jim's complaint about the cooks?
4. Why is Norman especially annoyed when Jim has an affair with a local woman?
5. Who does Norman meet one summer while logging in the woods?
6. What does Norman fear about Jim?
7. What happens when Jim invites Norman to his home for dinner?
8. Why does Norman make this decision?
9. Where is the location of the woods where Norman works?
10. What is Jim's wintertime job?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)