|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jim get Norman's contact information?
(a) From Norman's family
(b) From Norman's last employer
(c) From the school
(d) From Norman's former girlfriend
2. What does Jim invite Norman to do?
(a) Take a road trip
(b) Go to a ballgame
(c) Go out for a couple beers
(d) Have dinner at Norman's home
3. What is gyppoing?
(a) A method of applying lacquer to wood finishes
(b) An intricate method of cutting designs into paper
(c) A method of logging where payment is made by the number of board feet cut per day
(d) A very delicate and finely balanced type of circus act
4. What does Norman do to revive himself?
(a) Has a few beers
(b) Jogs a couple miles
(c) Cooks a good meal
(d) Bathes in the river
5. Eventually how does Norman come to feel about Jim?
(a) He considers him like a brother.
(b) He can take him or leave him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He is his best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim insist on staying in contact with Norman?
2. What else does Jim do during the winter?
3. What else does Jim gloat about?
4. How does Norman meet Jim Grierson?
5. What does Jim do during the winter months?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of Jim's final letter to Norman?
2. What happens when Norman returns to college?
3. What does Jim do while the prostitutes are working?
4. What is Jim's wintertime job?
5. What does Norman observe about Jim's behavior with the other men?
6. How is Jim's behavior at dinner?
7. Where is the location of the woods where Norman works?
8. How does Norman come to feel about Jim?
9. How does Norman perceive Jim?
10. Why is Norman especially annoyed when Jim has an affair with a local woman?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)