|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman think gyppoing would do for him?
(a) Help him earn extra money for graduate school
(b) Build up his upper body strength
(c) Develop his artistic sensibilities
(d) Give him some fine motor skills
2. What happens a few days later?
(a) Norman asks Jim to see one of his prostitutes.
(b) Norman leaves for school.
(c) They get a really big snow storm.
(d) Jim's ex-wife flirts with Norman.
3. What does Jim brag about over dinner one night?
(a) His new car
(b) His physical strength
(c) His girls
(d) His house
4. Eventually how does Norman come to feel about Jim?
(a) He is his best friend.
(b) He considers him like a brother.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He can take him or leave him.
5. How does Norman meet Jim Grierson?
(a) They spent a summer logging in the woods on the Blackfoot River.
(b) They grew up together.
(c) They are college roommates.
(d) They are pen pals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Norman view the answer to #93?
2. What does Jim not ask Norman to do?
3. What happens at the end of the season?
4. What happens by the end of the summer?
5. How is Jim built?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the location of the woods where Norman works?
2. Who does Norman meet one summer while logging in the woods?
3. What does Norman agree to do by the end of the summer?
4. How does Norman perceive Jim?
5. Why does Norman make this decision?
6. What is the content of Jim's final letter to Norman?
7. How does Norman regain some composure after his trying days with Jim?
8. How does Norman perceive Jim's letters?
9. What is Jim's wintertime job?
10. How is Jim's behavior at dinner?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)