|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman feel Jim is doing all summer?
(a) Waging an undeclared war
(b) Trying to improve his social standing
(c) Improving his reading skills
(d) Working on his upper body strength
2. Eventually how does Norman come to feel about Jim?
(a) He considers him like a brother.
(b) He can take him or leave him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He is his best friend.
3. What does Jim brag about over dinner one night?
(a) His physical strength
(b) His girls
(c) His house
(d) His new car
4. Why does Jim gravitate toward Norman?
(a) He senses someone who can keep up with him.
(b) He has respect for college men.
(c) He knows Norman's family.
(d) Norman beat him at arm wrestling.
5. How does Norman feel about Jim at first sight?
(a) He is drawn to his humor.
(b) He wants to be his friend.
(c) He dislikes him.
(d) He thinks Jim is very kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the end of the season?
2. How is Jim built?
3. What happens by the end of the summer?
4. Why is Norman always determined to stay up with Jim's pace?
5. What does Norman think of this last bit of information?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jim's behavior at dinner?
2. How does Norman perceive Jim's letters?
3. How does Norman regain some composure after his trying days with Jim?
4. What happens when Jim invites Norman to his home for dinner?
5. What is Jim's complaint about the cooks?
6. How does Norman perceive Jim?
7. What does Jim never eat at breakfast?
8. What question does Jim not ask Norman at dinner?
9. What does Norman agree to do by the end of the summer?
10. Who does Norman meet one summer while logging in the woods?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)