|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman feel Jim is doing all summer?
(a) Waging an undeclared war
(b) Working on his upper body strength
(c) Trying to improve his social standing
(d) Improving his reading skills
2. What does Norman fear about an encounter with Jim?
(a) That Jim could outtalk Norman any day.
(b) That Norman would not win in a fistfight with Jim.
(c) That Jim would challenge Norman to a fight.
(d) That Norman will run away in fear.
3. What does Jim complain to the cooks about?
(a) That they do not serve pie for breakfast
(b) That they always burn the stew
(c) That they never have pork.
(d) That the portions are not big enough
4. What happens to ruin this good feeling?
(a) He reads his mail which is mostly bills.
(b) He has to return to camp and encounter Jim again.
(c) He reads the evening paper.
(d) He watches the evening news.
5. How soon does Norman regret his decision about Jim?
(a) Six months later
(b) One month later
(c) Three weeks later
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim brag about over dinner one night?
2. What does Jim not ask Norman to do?
3. What does Jim invite Norman to do?
4. What is the subject of Jim's latest brags?
5. With whom does Jim have an affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norman fear about Jim?
2. What happens when Norman returns to college?
3. How is Jim's behavior at dinner?
4. What is Jim's wintertime job?
5. Where is the location of the woods where Norman works?
6. What does Jim never eat at breakfast?
7. How does Norman regain some composure after his trying days with Jim?
8. How does Norman perceive Jim's letters?
9. What is Jim's complaint about the cooks?
10. What does Jim do while the prostitutes are working?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)