|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who never speaks of the tragedy?
(a) Mrs. Maclean
(b) Neal's mother
2. Instead of returning to the cabin, where do Norman and Paul spend the night?
(a) At a roadside park
(b) At a Holiday Inn
(c) At a bed and breakfast
(d) At their parents' home
3. Why do Norman and Paul get a late start the next morning?
(a) Mr. Maclean cannot find his fishing gear.
(b) They slept in.
(c) Mrs. Maclean fixes a huge breakfast.
(d) They were reading the Sunday paper.
4. What does Norman and Paul's father do with them?
(a) Teaches them the proper techniques of fly fishing
(b) Gives them driving lessons
(c) Teaches them to play poker
(d) Shows them how to change the oil in the car
5. Who has asked Norman to help his brother-in-law?
(a) His mother-in-law
(b) His mother
(c) His father
(d) His wife
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Old Rawhide dressed when Norman and Paul drop her off in town?
2. What does Paul put in the river?
3. What is Norman's brother-in-law's major problem?
4. What happens in the middle of the night?
5. How does Norman get the news?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does Norman ask of his brother, Paul?
2. How does Norman react to Neal's arrival a few days later?
3. Where do the two brothers go fishing?
4. Who are the two brothers in the story?
5. What do Norman and Paul receive in the form of sermons from their father?
6. Who arrives to surprise Norman and Paul at the cabin?
7. On what is the story based?
8. Who goes on the fishing trip the next morning?
9. Why does Norman not remain to fish with Neal?
10. Why does Paul try to avoid Norman?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)