|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Norman and Paul have to move to a new fishing hole?
(a) Because they want to be closer to Mr. Maclean
(b) Because too many people are fishing in the area.
(c) Because Paul throws rocks into the river and ruins the hole.
(d) Because the fish have stopped biting in this area.
2. The story is an _________________ one.
3. Norman and Paul's father is as passionate about _____________________ as he is about religion.
(a) stamp collecting
(c) metal detecting
(d) fly fishing
4. Who in the family remains an average fisherman?
(a) Mr. Maclean
(c) Mrs. Maclean
5. Who helps take Neal upstairs to bed?
(b) Jessie's mother
(c) Mr. Maclean
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Old Rawhide dressed when Norman and Paul drop her off in town?
2. What is Norman's brother-in-law's major problem?
3. What does Norman ask Paul?
4. Who catches the most fish on this day?
5. How does Norman feel when Paul is complimented on his fishing technique?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the occupation of Norman and Paul's father?
2. What do Norman's wife and mother-in-law finally realize about Neal?
3. On what is the story based?
4. Where do Norman and Paul escape from Norman's family problems a few days later?
5. What is Norman's reaction to the phone call?
6. What happens one night after Norman and Paul spend the day fishing?
7. Who are the two brothers in the story?
8. Why does Norman not remain to fish with Neal?
9. Who goes on the fishing trip the next morning?
10. Why does Norman's mother-in-law enlist Norman's help on Neal's behalf?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)