|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Norman is a fly fisherman and Jessie's brother is a __________________________.
(a) professional fisherman
(b) amateur fisherman
(c) saltwater fisherman
(d) bait fisherman
2. Who speaks often of the tragedy?
(a) Norman and Mr. Maclean
(b) Norman and Neal
(c) Norman and Jessie's mother
(d) Norman and Jessie
3. Who arrives at the train station a few days later?
4. What happens in the following month of May?
(a) Paul gets married.
(b) Mr. Maclean has a heart attack.
(c) Jessie's mother dies from cancer.
(d) Paul is beaten to death and left in an alley.
5. What do Neal and Old Rawhide want to do with Norman and Paul?
(a) go fishing
(b) play cards
(c) go to the movies
(d) race cars
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman and Paul's father do with them?
2. Who helps take Neal upstairs to bed?
3. The next morning Paul arrives at Norman's house to _________________________________________.
4. How do Norman and Mr. Maclean react after the tragedy?
5. What does Norman ask Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Reverend Maclean's second passion after religion?
2. Why does Paul try to avoid Norman?
3. Why does Norman not remain to fish with Neal?
4. What is Norman's reaction to the phone call?
5. Who are the two brothers in the story?
6. Where do Norman and Paul escape from Norman's family problems a few days later?
7. Why does Norman's mother-in-law enlist Norman's help on Neal's behalf?
8. What is the occupation of Norman and Paul's father?
9. Which of the two brothers is the better fisherman?
10. What happens one night after Norman and Paul spend the day fishing?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)