|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is clearly Mrs. Maclean's favorite person?
(a) Mr. Maclean
2. Why do Norman and Paul get a late start the next morning?
(a) They slept in.
(b) They were reading the Sunday paper.
(c) Mr. Maclean cannot find his fishing gear.
(d) Mrs. Maclean fixes a huge breakfast.
3. Who helps take Neal upstairs to bed?
(a) Jessie's mother
(c) Mr. Maclean
4. What do Norman and Paul see when they return from fishing?
(a) A rainbow
(b) A group of kids skinny dipping in the river
(c) Neal and Old Rawhide asleep, naked in the sun
(d) An approaching thunderstorm
5. How does Norman think that Jessie and her family will react to Neal's condition?
(a) They will make him drink lots of black coffee.
(b) They will blame Norman for Neal's condition.
(c) They will be shocked.
(d) They know this is typical behavior for Neal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than fish, what else did the brothers do?
2. What does Paul hope to avoid?
3. Where does Paul suggest that he and Norman take the drunken Neal?
4. The characters are _____________________.
5. How do Norman and Mr. Maclean react after the tragedy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Norman's reaction to the phone call?
2. What do Norman and Paul find when they return to the spot where they left the car?
3. What happens one night after Norman and Paul spend the day fishing?
4. Neal declares that he wants to fish but what does he do instead?
5. Where do the two brothers go fishing?
6. What favor does Norman ask of his brother, Paul?
7. On what is the story based?
8. Why does Norman not remain to fish with Neal?
9. What is the occupation of Norman and Paul's father?
10. What do Norman's wife and mother-in-law finally realize about Neal?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)