|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than fish, what else did the brothers do?
(a) Build model planes
(b) Play cards
(c) Go swimming
2. After Norman is married, he asks Paul to do him what favor?
(a) Help him tune his car
(b) Help him move to a new house
(c) Help him paint his house
(d) Take his brother-in-law fishing
3. What happens in the middle of the night?
(a) Norman gets sick.
(b) Paul fixes them a midnight snack.
(c) Norman goes sleepwalking.
(d) Norman gets a call from the local police sergeant.
4. Who helps take Neal upstairs to bed?
(a) Mr. Maclean
(c) Jessie's mother
5. What does Jessie encourage Norman to do with the answer to #22?
(a) Take him to a ballgame.
(b) Take him to church.
(c) Take him to the country club.
(d) Take him to a local bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul suggest that he and Norman take the drunken Neal?
2. This story is based on ________________.
3. How does Norman get the news?
4. Who in the family remains an average fisherman?
5. Where do Norman and Paul fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Reverend Maclean's second passion after religion?
2. Which of the two brothers is the better fisherman?
3. Who are the two brothers in the story?
4. What favor does Norman ask of his brother, Paul?
5. Who arrives to surprise Norman and Paul at the cabin?
6. How does Norman react to Neal's arrival a few days later?
7. What do Norman's wife and mother-in-law finally realize about Neal?
8. What is Norman's reaction to the phone call?
9. What happens one night after Norman and Paul spend the day fishing?
10. Neal declares that he wants to fish but what does he do instead?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)