|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman not suggest to Jim?
(a) That they go to a movie
(b) That they become partners again
(c) That they join a bowling team
(d) That they invest in real estate
2. What does Jim brag about over dinner one night?
(a) His house
(b) His new car
(c) His physical strength
(d) His girls
3. What happens a few days later?
(a) Norman leaves for school.
(b) Norman asks Jim to see one of his prostitutes.
(c) Jim's ex-wife flirts with Norman.
(d) They get a really big snow storm.
4. Why does Norman agree to gyppo instead of work for wages?
(a) He has an entrepreneurial streak.
(b) He has never tried it before.
(c) He enjoys working outside.
(d) He thinks he can make more money that way.
5. What does Norman think of this last bit of information?
(a) Jim must be lying again.
(b) Jim's ego is very small to continually behave this way.
(c) Jim has finally found something which got the better of him.
(d) Jim needs to include some pictures for Norman to believe it.
6. How old is Norman when he first meets Jim?
(b) In his early twenties
7. How does Norman try to avoid altercations with Jim?
(a) He does not speak to Jim.
(b) He tries to stay out of his way.
(c) He keeps a cool head.
(d) He works on alternate days.
8. What else does Jim gloat about?
(a) How beautiful his ex-wife is
(b) The vacation he is going to take
(c) How much money he made this year
(d) Logging and the work he hopes to do next summer
9. To whom does Jim introduce Norman?
(a) His mother and father
(b) His ex-wife and kids
(c) Two women who work for Jim
(d) His old boss and his wife
10. What happens by the end of the summer?
(a) Norman and Jim have a huge fight.
(b) Norman agrees to work with Jim next summer.
(c) Norman and Jim decide never to talk to each other again.
(d) Norman and Jim decide to room together.
11. What does Jim not ask Norman to do?
(a) Date his ex-wife
(b) Lend him money
(c) Be his partner again
(d) Go on vacation with him
12. Why is Norman always determined to stay up with Jim's pace?
(a) He wants to earn more money than Jim.
(b) He wants to build his upper body strength.
(c) He never wants Jim to win out over him.
(d) He wants a good performance review.
13. Why does this affair especially anger Norman?
(a) The woman is a friend of Norman's family.
(b) Norman had wanted to date the woman.
(c) The woman is half Jim's age.
(d) Jim flaunts his affair to the men in camp.
14. Jim's stories bore Norman to the point of ___________________.
15. What form is the final communication Norman receives from Jim?
(a) A long letter
(b) An e-mail
(c) A short note
(d) A fax
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim invite Norman to do?
2. How does Norman view the answer to #93?
3. What does Jim eventually consider Norman to be?
4. How does Norman meet Jim Grierson?
5. In what subject does Norman learn lessons during his experience with Jim?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)