|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of returning to the cabin, where do Norman and Paul spend the night?
(a) At their parents' home
(b) At a roadside park
(c) At a bed and breakfast
(d) At a Holiday Inn
2. What does Jessie encourage Norman to do with the answer to #22?
(a) Take him to a ballgame.
(b) Take him to church.
(c) Take him to the country club.
(d) Take him to a local bar.
3. What is notable about Old Rawhide's derriere?
(a) She is in great shape.
(b) She has a huge bruise.
(c) She has a big birthmark.
(d) She has a tattoo on it.
4. The next morning Paul arrives at Norman's house to _________________________________________.
(a) to go on a picnic
(b) go fishing with Norman and Jessie's family
(c) to get things ready for an auction
(d) help paint the house
5. The story is an _________________ one.
6. How do Norman and Mr. Maclean react after the tragedy?
(a) They send flowers.
(b) They both carry a lot of guilt.
(c) They make the appropriate phone calls.
(d) They seek counseling.
7. What does Paul put in the river?
(a) his boots
(d) soft drinks
8. How does Norman get the news?
(a) By messenger
(b) By telegram
(c) In a phone call in the middle of the night
(d) By letter
9. Why do Paul and Norman stop fishing to return to the others?
(a) Because it gets dark
(b) Because it starts to rain
(c) Because the fish are not biting
(d) Because they are getting sunburned
10. Why does Norman think that Paul needs help?
(a) Because Paul drinks too much and gets in bar fights
(b) Because Paul has been diagnosed with cancer.
(c) Because Paul has large gambling debts.
(d) Because Paul cannot keep a job.
11. What do the brothers always wonder about each other?
(a) Which one is smarter
(b) Which one is more handsome
(c) Which one is tougher
(d) Which one has more money
12. What fact do the men not realize at the end of this day?
(a) That Neal has died in a car accident
(b) That Mrs. Maclean has had a heart attack
(c) That this is the last time that Mr. Maclean will fish with them
(d) That this is the last time that Norman and Paul will fish together
13. Who in the family becomes an expert fisherman?
(b) Mr. Maclean
(c) Mrs. Maclean
14. What do Norman and Paul convince their father to do the next day?
(a) Go fishing with them
(b) Begin painting the house
(c) Give an unpopular sermon
(d) Take their mother shopping
15. Who has asked Norman to help his brother-in-law?
(a) His father
(b) His mother
(c) His wife
(d) His mother-in-law
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Norman and Paul's father have?
2. What does Norman do after he takes Paul and his girlfriend back to Paul's house?
3. The characters are _____________________.
4. What happens in the middle of the night?
5. Where do Norman and Paul fish?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)