|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Neal and Old Rawhide want to do with Norman and Paul?
(a) race cars
(b) play cards
(c) go fishing
(d) go to the movies
2. Who in the family remains an average fisherman?
(c) Mrs. Maclean
(d) Mr. Maclean
3. Who catches the most fish on this day?
(c) Mr. Maclean
4. Norman and Paul's father is as passionate about _____________________ as he is about religion.
(a) fly fishing
(c) stamp collecting
(d) metal detecting
5. What kind of personality does Norman's brother-in-law have?
6. Who in the family becomes an expert fisherman?
(a) Mr. Maclean
(d) Mrs. Maclean
7. What happens when the family decides to leave?
(a) Jessie decides that she wants to stay.
(b) It finally stops raining.
(c) Norman offers to bring them back tomorrow.
(d) Norman and Paul have to push the truck out of the mud.
8. What does Norman and Paul's father do with them?
(a) Shows them how to change the oil in the car
(b) Teaches them the proper techniques of fly fishing
(c) Gives them driving lessons
(d) Teaches them to play poker
9. How is Old Rawhide dressed when Norman and Paul drop her off in town?
(a) She is fully dressed.
(b) She is naked.
(c) She only has her shoes on.
(d) She has on her underclothes.
10. What happens to humiliate Paul?
(a) He is rejected by a woman in a bar.
(b) He does not have enough money to pay his bar tab.
(c) He falls down outside a bar.
(d) He has to be bailed out of jail by Norman.
11. What is the name of Norman's brother-in-law?
12. Who never speaks of the tragedy?
(c) Mrs. Maclean
(d) Neal's mother
13. How does Norman feel when Paul is complimented on his fishing technique?
(a) Both proud and angry
(b) Both proud and annoyed
(c) Both proud and jealous
(d) Both proud and happy
14. The story is an _________________ one.
15. This story is based on ________________.
(a) real-life experiences
(c) local legends
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jessie angry at Norman?
2. What is Norman's brother-in-law's major problem?
3. Who helps take Neal upstairs to bed?
4. Other than fish, what else did the brothers do?
5. After Norman is married, he asks Paul to do him what favor?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)