|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fact do the men not realize at the end of this day?
(a) That Mrs. Maclean has had a heart attack
(b) That Neal has died in a car accident
(c) That this is the last time that Norman and Paul will fish together
(d) That this is the last time that Mr. Maclean will fish with them
2. Norman is a fly fisherman and Jessie's brother is a __________________________.
(a) professional fisherman
(b) saltwater fisherman
(c) amateur fisherman
(d) bait fisherman
3. How does Norman think that Jessie and her family will react to Neal's condition?
(a) They know this is typical behavior for Neal.
(b) They will make him drink lots of black coffee.
(c) They will be shocked.
(d) They will blame Norman for Neal's condition.
4. The story is an _________________ one.
5. What happens to humiliate Paul?
(a) He does not have enough money to pay his bar tab.
(b) He has to be bailed out of jail by Norman.
(c) He falls down outside a bar.
(d) He is rejected by a woman in a bar.
6. One day when Norman and Paul are fishing, Neal arrives with a woman named Old Rawhide that he met ___________________.
(a) at the country club
(b) at church
(c) at a bar
(d) at a seminar
7. What do Norman and Paul convince their father to do the next day?
(a) Take their mother shopping
(b) Begin painting the house
(c) Go fishing with them
(d) Give an unpopular sermon
8. Who helps take Neal upstairs to bed?
(a) Jessie's mother
(c) Mr. Maclean
9. What is notable about Old Rawhide's derriere?
(a) She has a tattoo on it.
(b) She is in great shape.
(c) She has a huge bruise.
(d) She has a big birthmark.
10. What happens in the following month of May?
(a) Mr. Maclean has a heart attack.
(b) Paul gets married.
(c) Jessie's mother dies from cancer.
(d) Paul is beaten to death and left in an alley.
11. Why does Norman think that Paul needs help?
(a) Because Paul has been diagnosed with cancer.
(b) Because Paul drinks too much and gets in bar fights
(c) Because Paul has large gambling debts.
(d) Because Paul cannot keep a job.
12. How is Old Rawhide dressed when Norman and Paul drop her off in town?
(a) She is naked.
(b) She only has her shoes on.
(c) She has on her underclothes.
(d) She is fully dressed.
13. Norman and Paul's father is as passionate about _____________________ as he is about religion.
(a) stamp collecting
(b) metal detecting
(c) fly fishing
14. Where do Norman and Paul fish?
(a) The Mississippi River
(b) The Blackfoot River
(c) The Missouri River
(d) The Colorado River
15. What happens in the middle of the night?
(a) Paul fixes them a midnight snack.
(b) Norman goes sleepwalking.
(c) Norman gets a call from the local police sergeant.
(d) Norman gets sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Norman and Paul see when they return from fishing?
2. Other than fish, what else did the brothers do?
3. The next morning Paul arrives at Norman's house to _________________________________________.
4. Why does Norman think that Paul stays close to him while fishing?
5. The characters are _____________________.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)