|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of personality does Norman's brother-in-law have?
2. What happens when the family decides to leave?
(a) Jessie decides that she wants to stay.
(b) Norman offers to bring them back tomorrow.
(c) Norman and Paul have to push the truck out of the mud.
(d) It finally stops raining.
3. Who speaks often of the tragedy?
(a) Norman and Mr. Maclean
(b) Norman and Jessie's mother
(c) Norman and Jessie
(d) Norman and Neal
4. What is Norman's brother-in-law's major problem?
(a) He has lost his job.
(b) He is going through a divorce.
(c) He does not have any money.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
5. What do the brothers always wonder about each other?
(a) Which one is more handsome
(b) Which one is smarter
(c) Which one has more money
(d) Which one is tougher
6. Who arrives at the train station a few days later?
7. Why are Jessie and her mother tending to Jessie's brother?
(a) Because he has broken his leg
(b) Because he has a migraine
(c) Because he has broken his arm
(d) Because he is nursing a hangover
8. Who does Neal's family think should take the blame for Neal's condition?
9. Who never speaks of the tragedy?
(b) Neal's mother
(c) Mrs. Maclean
10. What is notable about Old Rawhide's derriere?
(a) She has a tattoo on it.
(b) She has a huge bruise.
(c) She is in great shape.
(d) She has a big birthmark.
11. Who has asked Norman to help his brother-in-law?
(a) His mother-in-law
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) His wife
12. Who catches the most fish on this day?
(d) Mr. Maclean
13. Norman is a fly fisherman and Jessie's brother is a __________________________.
(a) professional fisherman
(b) bait fisherman
(c) amateur fisherman
(d) saltwater fisherman
14. Why does Paul invite Norman to stay the night at his house?
(a) Because it is late and it is a long drive back to Norman's house.
(b) Because he wants to take him to breakfast at a new restaurant.
(c) Because Norman has had too much to drink.
(d) Because Norman's car is almost out of gas.
15. What does Norman do after he takes Paul and his girlfriend back to Paul's house?
(a) He berates Paul for bad behavior.
(b) He goes to his own home.
(c) He fixes a pot of coffee.
(d) He goes out to get food to fix breakfast for all of them
Short Answer Questions
1. The story is an _________________ one.
2. Who in the family becomes an expert fisherman?
3. How is Old Rawhide dressed when Norman and Paul drop her off in town?
4. What happens in the following month of May?
5. The next morning Paul arrives at Norman's house to _________________________________________.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)