|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through USFS 1919: The Ranger, the Cook, and a Hole in the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Norman and Paul's father have?
(a) Presbyterian minister
(b) Episcopalian minister
(c) Jewish rabbi
(d) Methodist minister
2. What does Paul put in the river?
(b) soft drinks
(c) his boots
3. How does Norman feel about Jim after the affair?
(a) He is amazed that Jim could attract a beautiful woman.
(b) He knows that it takes two to have an affair.
(c) He thinks Jim is always going to behave this way.
(d) He hates Jim all the more.
4. What fact do the men not realize at the end of this day?
(a) That this is the last time that Norman and Paul will fish together
(b) That Mrs. Maclean has had a heart attack
(c) That Neal has died in a car accident
(d) That this is the last time that Mr. Maclean will fish with them
5. How long does Norman work for the U.S. Forest Service?
(a) Three years
(b) Fifteen years
(c) Two years
(d) One summer
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Paul and Norman stop fishing to return to the others?
2. How does Jim get Norman's contact information?
3. Where does Paul suggest that he and Norman take the drunken Neal?
4. Who speaks often of the tragedy?
5. What happens after Norman has been on the mountain for two weeks?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)