|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through USFS 1919: The Ranger, the Cook, and a Hole in the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has asked Norman to help his brother-in-law?
(a) His mother-in-law
(b) His wife
(c) His father
(d) His mother
2. How soon does Norman regret his decision about Jim?
(a) One month later
(c) Six months later
(d) Three weeks later
3. The story is an _________________ one.
4. What happened every time it seemed the fire was under control?
(a) The fire would jump the lines.
(b) The men would go home.
(c) The men would go to town for beer.
(d) The men would get awards.
5. Who in the family remains an average fisherman?
(a) Mr. Maclean
(d) Mrs. Maclean
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Norman's condition when he reaches town?
2. How does Norman feel when Paul is complimented on his fishing technique?
3. What does Norman use to break up rock?
4. How does Norman try to avoid altercations with Jim?
5. What does Jim complain to the cooks about?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)