|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through USFS 1919: The Ranger, the Cook, and a Hole in the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The characters are _____________________.
(a) jealous of each other
(c) not very believable
(d) larger than life
2. What did those in charge think about the fire?
(a) That it was too hot to put it out completely
(b) That this was the worst fire they had ever seen
(c) That all they needed was a good rain
(d) That the unemployed men kept it going to remain employed
3. Norman's work breaking up the rocks does not impress Bill any more than ______________________________________________________.
(a) Norman's packing abilities
(b) Norman's hard work fighting a fire earlier in the season
(c) someone reciting the alphabet
(d) Norman's academic standing
4. Who speaks often of the tragedy?
(a) Norman and Neal
(b) Norman and Jessie's mother
(c) Norman and Mr. Maclean
(d) Norman and Jessie
5. What does Norman ask Paul?
(a) If he will be the godfather to his new son
(b) If he will lend him some money
(c) If he brought any beer to the picnic
(d) If he needs any help paying for the damage done in the bar fight
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Norman take a job during the following summer?
2. Norman and Paul's father is as passionate about _____________________ as he is about religion.
3. The story is an _________________ one.
4. Why do Paul and Norman stop fishing to return to the others?
5. What else does Norman encounter on the way down the mountain?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)