|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through USFS 1919: The Ranger, the Cook, and a Hole in the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bill arrange for everyone to meet at the poker tables?
(a) Saturday night
(b) Tomorrow night
(c) A week from tonight
(d) Later that night
2. Which men does Jim especially pick on in camp?
(a) The young guys
(b) The new guys
(c) The small guys
(d) The cooks
3. How does Jim abuse women?
(a) He slaps them around.
(b) He pimps them out.
(c) He verbally abuses them.
(d) He does not pay them what he promises.
4. What else does Jim do during the winter?
(a) He reads voraciously.
(b) He rehabs old houses.
(c) He works on cars.
(d) He volunteers at a homeless center.
5. Why do Norman and Paul get a late start the next morning?
(a) They were reading the Sunday paper.
(b) Mr. Maclean cannot find his fishing gear.
(c) Mrs. Maclean fixes a huge breakfast.
(d) They slept in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Old Rawhide dressed when Norman and Paul drop her off in town?
2. What does Bill tell Norman about the cook?
3. How long does Norman work for the U.S. Forest Service?
4. How much time does Norman spend on this job?
5. Who has asked Norman to help his brother-in-law?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)