|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through USFS 1919: The Ranger, the Cook, and a Hole in the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which men does Jim especially pick on in camp?
(a) The new guys
(b) The cooks
(c) The young guys
(d) The small guys
2. What is notable about Old Rawhide's derriere?
(a) She is in great shape.
(b) She has a big birthmark.
(c) She has a tattoo on it.
(d) She has a huge bruise.
3. After Norman is married, he asks Paul to do him what favor?
(a) Help him move to a new house
(b) Help him paint his house
(c) Help him tune his car
(d) Take his brother-in-law fishing
4. How does Norman think that Jessie and her family will react to Neal's condition?
(a) They know this is typical behavior for Neal.
(b) They will make him drink lots of black coffee.
(c) They will be shocked.
(d) They will blame Norman for Neal's condition.
5. Why are the crew members so frugal?
(a) They were raised in poverty.
(b) They send money home to their families.
(c) They have to share the profits.
(d) Their pay has to last them a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman think of this last bit of information?
2. What is packing considered to be?
3. Who never speaks of the tragedy?
4. What happens when Norman invites the cook to play cards?
5. What does Jim force Norman to do?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)