|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through USFS 1919: The Ranger, the Cook, and a Hole in the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Norman view the answer to #93?
(a) They laugh all the time.
(b) They are a bit standoffish.
(c) They are very quiet.
(d) They seem very nice.
2. Why does Jim gravitate toward Norman?
(a) He knows Norman's family.
(b) He has respect for college men.
(c) Norman beat him at arm wrestling.
(d) He senses someone who can keep up with him.
3. What is the name of Norman's brother-in-law?
4. What does Norman recall during this time?
(a) Holidays spent at home
(b) His high school days
(c) His date for the prom
(d) The fire that he helped fight earlier in the season
5. Instead of returning to the cabin, where do Norman and Paul spend the night?
(a) At a roadside park
(b) At a Holiday Inn
(c) At a bed and breakfast
(d) At their parents' home
Short Answer Questions
1. One day when Norman and Paul are fishing, Neal arrives with a woman named Old Rawhide that he met ___________________.
2. Why is Norman always determined to stay up with Jim's pace?
3. What kind of work is breaking up rock?
4. What happens to humiliate Paul?
5. What does Jim do that Norman finds it difficult to maintain?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)