|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through USFS 1919: The Ranger, the Cook, and a Hole in the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the crew members so frugal?
(a) Their pay has to last them a long time.
(b) They send money home to their families.
(c) They were raised in poverty.
(d) They have to share the profits.
2. Why do Paul and Norman stop fishing to return to the others?
(a) Because it gets dark
(b) Because the fish are not biting
(c) Because they are getting sunburned
(d) Because it starts to rain
3. What do Norman and Mr. Maclean come to realize?
(a) They need to be kinder to people.
(b) They do not know how they could have done anything differently.
(c) They should take fishing lessons.
(d) They should see a psychiatrist.
4. Why does Norman try to be nice to the cook?
(a) Because the cook will give Norman extra helpings
(b) Because Bill likes the cook
(c) Because the cook will prepare Norman's favorite dishes
(d) Because the cook's wife has just died
5. What does Norman decide to do because he is frustrated with his family situation?
(a) He decides to take a trip to Europe.
(b) He spends a few days with Paul at the family cabin.
(c) He asks his wife to go to marriage counseling.
(d) He buys a new car.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Norman is married, he asks Paul to do him what favor?
2. The story is an _________________ one.
3. In what subject does Norman learn lessons during his experience with Jim?
4. Who helps Norman watch for inappropriate behavior?
5. Where is Norman when he awakens several hours later?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)