|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A River Runs Through It.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fact do the men not realize at the end of this day?
(a) That this is the last time that Mr. Maclean will fish with them
(b) That Mrs. Maclean has had a heart attack
(c) That this is the last time that Norman and Paul will fish together
(d) That Neal has died in a car accident
2. Why does Norman think that Paul stays close to him while fishing?
(a) Because Paul has been feeling lonely lately
(b) Because Norman has the beer
(c) Because Norman can always find the best fishing spots
(d) Because he thinks Norman is upset over the situation with Neal
3. What happens to humiliate Paul?
(a) He falls down outside a bar.
(b) He has to be bailed out of jail by Norman.
(c) He does not have enough money to pay his bar tab.
(d) He is rejected by a woman in a bar.
4. How does Norman get the news?
(a) In a phone call in the middle of the night
(b) By letter
(c) By messenger
(d) By telegram
5. What kind of personality does Norman's brother-in-law have?
Short Answer Questions
1. One day when Norman and Paul are fishing, Neal arrives with a woman named Old Rawhide that he met ___________________.
2. The story is an _________________ one.
3. Who catches the most fish on this day?
4. Who in the family becomes an expert fisherman?
5. How does Norman feel when Paul is complimented on his fishing technique?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)