|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A River Runs Through It.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman decide to do because he is frustrated with his family situation?
(a) He decides to take a trip to Europe.
(b) He spends a few days with Paul at the family cabin.
(c) He buys a new car.
(d) He asks his wife to go to marriage counseling.
2. What does Norman and Paul's father do with them?
(a) Teaches them the proper techniques of fly fishing
(b) Gives them driving lessons
(c) Shows them how to change the oil in the car
(d) Teaches them to play poker
3. What happens when the family decides to leave?
(a) It finally stops raining.
(b) Jessie decides that she wants to stay.
(c) Norman offers to bring them back tomorrow.
(d) Norman and Paul have to push the truck out of the mud.
4. Why does Norman think that Paul needs help?
(a) Because Paul has large gambling debts.
(b) Because Paul drinks too much and gets in bar fights
(c) Because Paul cannot keep a job.
(d) Because Paul has been diagnosed with cancer.
5. Why do Norman and Paul have to move to a new fishing hole?
(a) Because the fish have stopped biting in this area.
(b) Because they want to be closer to Mr. Maclean
(c) Because Paul throws rocks into the river and ruins the hole.
(d) Because too many people are fishing in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norman do after he takes Paul and his girlfriend back to Paul's house?
2. What fact do the men not realize at the end of this day?
3. What profession does Norman and Paul's father have?
4. Why does Norman think that Paul stays close to him while fishing?
5. Why is Jessie angry at Norman?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)