|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A River Runs Through It.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Norman feel he cannot help Paul?
(a) Because he is not trained in psychology
(b) Because he does not know him well enough to talk to him about it
(c) Because he does not like to get involved in other people's business
(d) Because he was never good at this kind of thing.
2. What do Norman and Paul see when they return from fishing?
(a) Neal and Old Rawhide asleep, naked in the sun
(b) An approaching thunderstorm
(c) A group of kids skinny dipping in the river
(d) A rainbow
3. What do Norman and Mr. Maclean talk about while watching Paul fish?
(c) the church
(d) Mrs. Maclean
4. What does Norman do after he takes Paul and his girlfriend back to Paul's house?
(a) He berates Paul for bad behavior.
(b) He goes to his own home.
(c) He fixes a pot of coffee.
(d) He goes out to get food to fix breakfast for all of them
5. What fact do the men not realize at the end of this day?
(a) That Neal has died in a car accident
(b) That Mrs. Maclean has had a heart attack
(c) That this is the last time that Mr. Maclean will fish with them
(d) That this is the last time that Norman and Paul will fish together
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Neal's family think should take the blame for Neal's condition?
2. What happens to humiliate Paul?
3. What do the brothers and their father do at the end of the day?
4. Who catches the most fish on this day?
5. What happens in the middle of the night?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)