|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A River Runs Through It.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Paul and Norman stop fishing to return to the others?
(a) Because they are getting sunburned
(b) Because the fish are not biting
(c) Because it gets dark
(d) Because it starts to rain
2. What happens in the following month of May?
(a) Mr. Maclean has a heart attack.
(b) Paul is beaten to death and left in an alley.
(c) Paul gets married.
(d) Jessie's mother dies from cancer.
3. What does Paul put in the river?
(b) soft drinks
(d) his boots
4. Why are Jessie and her mother tending to Jessie's brother?
(a) Because he has a migraine
(b) Because he has broken his leg
(c) Because he is nursing a hangover
(d) Because he has broken his arm
5. What profession does Norman and Paul's father have?
(a) Jewish rabbi
(b) Episcopalian minister
(c) Presbyterian minister
(d) Methodist minister
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Norman's brother-in-law's major problem?
2. What kind of personality does Norman's brother-in-law have?
3. Why does Norman think that Paul stays close to him while fishing?
4. What fact do the men not realize at the end of this day?
5. The story is an _________________ one.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)