|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through USFS 1919: The Ranger, the Cook, and a Hole in the Sky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norman feel Jim is doing all summer?
(a) Trying to improve his social standing
(b) Waging an undeclared war
(c) Improving his reading skills
(d) Working on his upper body strength
2. What happens to ruin this good feeling?
(a) He reads his mail which is mostly bills.
(b) He watches the evening news.
(c) He reads the evening paper.
(d) He has to return to camp and encounter Jim again.
3. How does Norman feel when the communications from Jim stop coming?
4. Why are Jessie and her mother tending to Jessie's brother?
(a) Because he has broken his leg
(b) Because he is nursing a hangover
(c) Because he has a migraine
(d) Because he has broken his arm
5. How old is Norman when he works for the United States Forest Service?
Short Answer Questions
1. This story is based on ________________.
2. What plan does Bill reveal to Norman?
3. On his way down the mountain, what does Norman pause occasionally to do?
4. What happens in the middle of the night?
5. What happens in the following month of May?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)