|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Ralph try to interest Antonio?
2. What is the only regret Ralph has as he faces death?
3. What is Antonio's demeanor in the Italian house?
4. Where does Catherine spend a lot of time while in St. Louis?
5. How long does Catherine wait before going to see Antonio again?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of girls and women in early 20th century America. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 3
Greed takes on a human persona in this story especially surrounding the characters of Catherine and Antonio. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)