Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antonio break up with Violet?
2. Ralph tells Catherine that Antonio reminds him of whom?
3. Where did Emilia go after she left Ralph all those years ago?
4. What are Catherine's thoughts after Antonio says he doesn't want to hear from her until Ralph is dead?
5. How does Ralph know that the arsenic poisoning in his body is getting worse?
Essay Topic 1
A RELIABLE WIFE is a classic story of good vs. evil. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Truitt decide to keep Catherine in spite of the fact that she misrepresented herself? Why did Truitt allow his relationship with Catherine to begin with a lie? What do Truitt's decisions say about his character?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)