|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine leaves Alice some money and _____________________.
2. How old was Catherine when she became the mistress of a married man?
3. How long does Catherine wait before going to see Antonio again?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph has a profound fear of?
5. What does Catherine do with the arsenic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Antonio (Manetti) and Catherine when she finally goes to his apartment?
2. Why does Antonio delight in telling Catherine about where Alice is?
3. What is the significance of Catherine's clothing in the story?
4. How does Truitt feel when Catherine returns home without Antonio and what is Truitt's suggestion for their life?
5. How long does Catherine wait before going to see Antonio and why does she write to Truitt about her upcoming visit?
6. What does Truitt do regarding his business as his health rapidly deteriorates?
7. What does Antonio threaten to do if Catherine doesn't carry through on her promise to kill Truitt?
8. What does Antonio reveal to Catherine about his mother's death and what does he say he feels towards his father?
9. What image does Catherine see float down toward Alice and what does Catherine realize about her own life from this point on?
10. Describe how Catherine vacillates on poisoning Truitt and how she makes the decision to stop altogether.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Truitt. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
A RELIABLE WIFE is a classic story of good vs. evil. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Truitt and Antonio. How are they different? How are they similar? Why is Catherine so attracted to both of them?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)