|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine see descend toward Alice?
2. How does Catherine plan to kill Ralph?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Antonio acquires while living at the Italian house?
4. Most of Ralph's fortune comes from his business in which industry?
5. From what disease did Emilia die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Catherine compare to the wife Truitt thought he was getting as a mail order bride? Is he happy that Catherine turned out to be who she was or does Ralph still wish for the meek, ordinary woman in the photograph?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Larsens. What are their roles in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating the Larsens in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Truitt decide to keep Catherine in spite of the fact that she misrepresented herself? Why did Truitt allow his relationship with Catherine to begin with a lie? What do Truitt's decisions say about his character?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)