|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralph bring home to surprise Catherine one night?
2. While in Chicago, Catherine gets items to treat Ralph from whom?
3. What is one of Ralph's bedtime rituals?
4. What is the motif that is repeated throughout the story?
5. Which of the following is NOT how Catherine describes Ralph to Antonio?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Truitt. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Larsens. What are their roles in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating the Larsens in the story?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)