|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Italian house is a metaphor for what?
2. When did Antonio have sex with Catherine's sister?
3. How old was Alice when she was kept by a forty-year-old man?
4. How old was Catherine when she became the mistress of a married man?
5. Which of the following is NOT a food Antonio indulges in on a regular basis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A RELIABLE WIFE is a classic story of good vs. evil. What does that classification entail? Why does this story fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why Catherine becomes obsessed with nurturing and reviving the "secret garden" of the Italian house? What insights does this preoccupation reveal about Catherine's character?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Ralph allow himself to be gradually poisoned by Catherine, even after he's aware of what's happening to him? What does this decision say about his character?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)