Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Antonio break up with Violet?
2. Ralph tells Catherine that Antonio reminds him of whom?
3. Where did Emilia go after she left Ralph all those years ago?
4. What are Catherine's thoughts after Antonio says he doesn't want to hear from her until Ralph is dead?
5. How does Ralph know that the arsenic poisoning in his body is getting worse?
Create a brief character study of Truitt. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of evil. Identify at least two themes about evil in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)