|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname do old people give to arsenic?
(a) Inheritance powder.
(b) Liquid death.
(c) The bitter end.
(d) Nectar of Satan.
2. What is the message of the telegram that Catherine sends to Antonio?
(a) It is over.
(c) Come at once.
(d) Joyful end.
3. What does Catherine write to Ralph about regarding Antonio?
(a) She needs more time to observe him.
(b) She doesn't think he is Ralph's son.
(c) She cannot persuade him to come home.
(d) She wants to meet with him alone.
4. How old was Alice when she was kept by a forty-year-old man?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph exhibits as the poisoning worsens?
(a) He bleeds from his ears.
(b) He has horrific nightmares.
(c) He can't stand to be touched.
(d) He develops deep blisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Ralph's bedtime rituals?
2. How does Catherine plan to kill Ralph?
3. Catherine leaves Alice some money and _____________________.
4. What does Antonio threaten to do if Catherine will not kill Ralph?
5. What does Mrs. Larsen represent for Ralph?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)