|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph tells Catherine that Antonio reminds him of whom?
2. While in Chicago, Catherine gets items to treat Ralph from whom?
(a) A Chinese doctor.
(c) A naturopath.
(d) A neurologist.
3. Who was Catherine's lover whom she caught in bed with twelve-year-old Alice?
(a) Uncle Sid.
(b) Uncle Skip.
(c) Uncle Sammie.
(d) Uncle Chip.
4. Antonio tells Catherine that Ralph's rage was assuaged only by drugs and _______________.
5. Who arrives at the Truitt house one night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message of the telegram that Catherine sends to Antonio?
2. How long does Catherine stay in bed and cry after she realizes that Alice can't be saved?
3. What does Antonio do during Violet's funeral?
4. Ralph suggests that Antonio go to ___________________ to play.
5. The Italian house is a metaphor for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antonio reveal to Catherine about his mother's death and what does he say he feels towards his father?
2. Why does Truitt allow Catherine to poison him?
3. What happens between Antonio (Manetti) and Catherine when she finally goes to his apartment?
4. What is the nature of the encounter between Catherine and Alice in present day St. Louis?
5. What does Catherine do to show that she is no longer trying to poison Truitt and is going to help him heal?
6. How does a nightly glass of water symbolize Mrs. Larsen as a mother figure?
7. Why does Antonio delight in telling Catherine about where Alice is?
8. What is the link between poison and passion for Truitt at this point in his life?
9. How does Truitt feel when Catherine returns home without Antonio and what is Truitt's suggestion for their life?
10. What did Truitt discover when he went to Chicago one last time to try to help Emilia and why does he think he finally abandoned her?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)