|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio tells Catherine that all he wants is to have Ralph dead and to ______________________.
(a) Marry Catherine.
(b) Dance on his grave.
(c) Live in the Italian house.
(d) Move to Europe.
2. What is the motif that is repeated throughout the story?
(a) If only she had known.
(b) It is what it is.
(c) Don't think about it now.
(d) Such things happen.
3. Antonio tells Catherine that he had watched Ralph kill __________________.
4. Who was Catherine's lover whom she caught in bed with twelve-year-old Alice?
(a) Uncle Chip.
(b) Uncle Sammie.
(c) Uncle Skip.
(d) Uncle Sid.
5. Why does Catherine proceed with her plan to kill Ralph even though she loves him now?
(a) She is still in love with Antonio.
(b) She lied when she said she loved him.
(c) She is afraid that Antonio will expose her.
(d) She wants his money more than his love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Catherine's father die?
2. Who is the young widow with whom Antonio gets involved?
3. What does Ralph admit to Catherine one night?
4. Who is the sister Catherine searches for while in St. Louis?
5. Ralph tells Catherine that Antonio reminds him of whom?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)