|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antonio break up with Violet?
(a) He sends a note with a bouquet.
(b) He takes her to dinner.
(c) He sends a letter.
(d) He just moves away.
2. Ralph tells Catherine that Antonio reminds him of whom?
3. Where did Emilia go after she left Ralph all those years ago?
4. What are Catherine's thoughts after Antonio says he doesn't want to hear from her until Ralph is dead?
(a) She thinks about telling Ralph the truth.
(b) She thinks about killing herself.
(c) She decides to kill Antonio.
(d) She decides to move to Baltimore.
5. How does Ralph know that the arsenic poisoning in his body is getting worse?
(a) He loses his hearing.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is cold all the time.
(d) He can't taste anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only thing Emilia took with her when she left Ralph?
2. Who is the young widow with whom Antonio gets involved?
3. Antonio tells Catherine that Ralph's rage was assuaged only by drugs and _______________.
4. What is the message of the telegram that Catherine sends to Antonio?
5. What does Catherine do with the arsenic?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)