|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a doctor's diagnosis of Ralph's condition?
(b) Cystic Fibrosis.
2. Which of the following is NOT a food Antonio indulges in on a regular basis?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph has a profound fear of?
(a) Other people.
(c) Being touched.
(d) Being looked at.
4. Antonio tells Catherine that he had watched Ralph kill __________________.
5. In what does Ralph try to interest Antonio?
(a) Community service.
(b) His business.
6. What is the message of the telegram that Catherine sends to Antonio?
(b) Come at once.
(c) Joyful end.
(d) It is over.
7. Who was Catherine's lover whom she caught in bed with twelve-year-old Alice?
(a) Uncle Skip.
(b) Uncle Sid.
(c) Uncle Sammie.
(d) Uncle Chip.
8. When did Antonio have sex with Catherine's sister?
(a) A few months ago.
(b) When Catherine was in Wisconsin.
(d) Years ago.
9. What is Antonio's demeanor in the Italian house?
10. How does Ralph know he is being poisoned?
(a) He tastes it in his food.
(b) He finds the little blue bottle of arsenic.
(c) He tastes it in the water.
(d) He is dizzy all the time.
11. What does Ralph ask Catherine if she will do for him?
(a) Host a party.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Fire the Larsens.
(d) Redecorate the house.
12. Antonio tells Catherine that all he wants is to have Ralph dead and to ______________________.
(a) Live in the Italian house.
(b) Move to Europe.
(c) Marry Catherine.
(d) Dance on his grave.
13. How old was Alice when she was kept by a forty-year-old man?
14. Who does Catherine hire in Chicago to work in the Italian house?
(a) A dressmaker.
(b) A hairstylist.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A chef.
15. What does Catherine write to Ralph about regarding Antonio?
(a) She cannot persuade him to come home.
(b) She needs more time to observe him.
(c) She wants to meet with him alone.
(d) She doesn't think he is Ralph's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine realize about her own health when she is in Chicago?
2. Where does Catherine spend a lot of time while in St. Louis?
3. Where did Catherine and Alice live after their father died?
4. Antonio tells Catherine that Ralph's rage was assuaged only by drugs and _______________.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph had meant to be in his life?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)