|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catherine spend a lot of time while in St. Louis?
(a) The Missouri Botanical Garden.
(b) La Belle Grande Hair Salon.
(c) Bonwit & Teller Department Store.
(d) The Orpheus Theater.
2. Which of the following is NOT how Catherine describes Ralph to Antonio?
3. What does Catherine realize about her own health when she is in Chicago?
(a) She is being poisoned too.
(b) She is sick with migraines.
(c) She has malaria.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. Catherine visits beer parlors and _________________ with Antonio.
(c) Drug dens.
5. From what disease did Emilia die?
6. Catherine spends her nights with Antonio and her days _________________________.
(a) Shopping for clothes.
(b) Going to matinees.
(c) Getting her hair styled.
(d) Sleeping at her hotel.
7. What does Antonio threaten to do if Catherine will not kill Ralph?
(a) Tell Ralph about having sex with Catherine.
(b) Track her down and kill her.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Kill Ralph himself.
8. When did Antonio have sex with Catherine's sister?
(a) When Catherine was in Wisconsin.
(c) Years ago.
(d) A few months ago.
9. How does Violet die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She is thrown from her horse.
(d) She is shot.
10. How old was Catherine when her mother died?
11. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph exhibits as the poisoning worsens?
(a) He has horrific nightmares.
(b) He develops deep blisters.
(c) He bleeds from his ears.
(d) He can't stand to be touched.
12. How does Antonio break up with Violet?
(a) He takes her to dinner.
(b) He just moves away.
(c) He sends a note with a bouquet.
(d) He sends a letter.
13. What does Mrs. Larsen represent for Ralph?
(c) A mother figure.
14. What does Ralph look for while Catherine is bathing?
(b) The arsenic.
(c) Some letters.
(d) A journal.
15. How did Catherine's father die?
(b) Heart attack.
(d) Gunshot wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine leaves Alice some money and _____________________.
2. Where did Catherine and Alice live after their father died?
3. What is Antonio's demeanor in the Italian house?
4. Where did Catherine move when she no longer had Alice in her life?
5. Where does Antonio say that Catherine's sister is?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)