|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ralph was a young man, he used arsenic as an aphrodisiac in ___________________.
2. In what does Ralph try to interest Antonio?
(c) Community service.
(d) His business.
3. Why does Catherine proceed with her plan to kill Ralph even though she loves him now?
(a) She is still in love with Antonio.
(b) She wants his money more than his love.
(c) She lied when she said she loved him.
(d) She is afraid that Antonio will expose her.
4. What are Catherine's thoughts after Antonio says he doesn't want to hear from her until Ralph is dead?
(a) She thinks about killing herself.
(b) She decides to kill Antonio.
(c) She thinks about telling Ralph the truth.
(d) She decides to move to Baltimore.
5. Who arrives at the Truitt house one night?
6. What was the only thing Emilia took with her when she left Ralph?
(a) Her wedding ring.
(b) A safe deposit box.
(c) The dress she was wearing.
(d) Her pearl necklace.
7. What does Ralph admit to Catherine one night?
(a) He has changed his mind about Antonio.
(b) He knows what she is doing.
(c) He killed Francesca.
(d) He wants a divorce.
8. What does Ralph bring home to surprise Catherine one night?
(a) The jewels she had lost on the road.
(b) A new piano.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) Diamond earrings.
9. What does Antonio threaten to do if Catherine will not kill Ralph?
(a) Kill Ralph himself.
(b) Tell Ralph about having sex with Catherine.
(c) Track her down and kill her.
(d) Kill himself.
10. Most of Ralph's fortune comes from his business in which industry?
11. Antonio tells Catherine that he had watched Ralph kill __________________.
12. Where did Emilia go after she left Ralph all those years ago?
13. Where did Catherine and Alice move after Catherine had saved a little bit of money?
14. Who is the sister Catherine searches for while in St. Louis?
15. Where did Catherine move when she no longer had Alice in her life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio do during Violet's funeral?
2. How old was Alice when she was kept by a forty-year-old man?
3. How did Catherine earn money to take care of herself and Alice?
4. How old was Catherine when she became the mistress of a married man?
5. Antonio says that the only way Ralph will mean anything to him is _____________________.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)