|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine visits beer parlors and _________________ with Antonio.
(a) Drug dens.
2. How does Ralph know he is being poisoned?
(a) He tastes it in his food.
(b) He tastes it in the water.
(c) He is dizzy all the time.
(d) He finds the little blue bottle of arsenic.
3. Where does Antonio say that Catherine's sister is?
(b) Wild Cat Chute.
(d) La Belle d'Amour brothel.
4. When Ralph was a young man, he used arsenic as an aphrodisiac in ___________________.
5. What does Catherine see descend toward Alice?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A feather.
(c) A bird.
(d) An angel.
6. Who does Catherine visit when she goes to Chicago?
7. In what does Ralph try to interest Antonio?
(a) Community service.
(b) His business.
8. What is the motif that is repeated throughout the story?
(a) It is what it is.
(b) Such things happen.
(c) Don't think about it now.
(d) If only she had known.
9. Antonio tells Catherine that Ralph's rage was assuaged only by drugs and _______________.
10. How does Catherine plan to kill Ralph?
(a) By paying a hitman to kill him.
(b) By smothering him with a pillow.
(c) By putting arsenic in his food.
(d) By shooting him.
11. Which of the following is NOT how Catherine describes Ralph to Antonio?
12. Who was Catherine's lover whom she caught in bed with twelve-year-old Alice?
(a) Uncle Sammie.
(b) Uncle Chip.
(c) Uncle Sid.
(d) Uncle Skip.
13. Where do Catherine and Alice live when they leave Philadelphia?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
14. From what disease did Emilia die?
15. What are Catherine's thoughts after Antonio says he doesn't want to hear from her until Ralph is dead?
(a) She decides to kill Antonio.
(b) She thinks about telling Ralph the truth.
(c) She thinks about killing herself.
(d) She decides to move to Baltimore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Catherine move when she no longer had Alice in her life?
2. Antonio says that the only way Ralph will mean anything to him is _____________________.
3. What is the only regret Ralph has as he faces death?
4. What does Catherine write to Ralph about regarding Antonio?
5. What does Ralph bring home to surprise Catherine one night?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)