|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio threaten to do if Catherine will not kill Ralph?
(a) Tell Ralph about having sex with Catherine.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Track her down and kill her.
(d) Kill Ralph himself.
2. Who does Catherine hire in Chicago to work in the Italian house?
(a) A chef.
(b) A gardener.
(c) A hairstylist.
(d) A dressmaker.
3. How does Antonio break up with Violet?
(a) He just moves away.
(b) He sends a letter.
(c) He takes her to dinner.
(d) He sends a note with a bouquet.
4. What does Catherine realize about her own health when she is in Chicago?
(a) She is sick with migraines.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has malaria.
(d) She is being poisoned too.
5. In what does Ralph try to interest Antonio?
(a) His business.
(c) Community service.
6. What does Antonio do during Violet's funeral?
(a) Drinks brandy.
(b) Plays the piano.
(c) Makes love to another woman.
(d) Sobs in his bed.
7. What food was shipped in to the farm from Chicago because Ralph craved it?
8. How does Ralph know that the arsenic poisoning in his body is getting worse?
(a) He is cold all the time.
(b) He can't taste anything.
(c) He loses his hearing.
(d) He is blind.
9. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph has a profound fear of?
(a) Being touched.
(b) Other people.
(d) Being looked at.
10. While in Chicago, Catherine gets items to treat Ralph from whom?
(b) A naturopath.
(c) A Chinese doctor.
(d) A neurologist.
11. How did Catherine's father die?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(d) Heart attack.
12. How old was Alice when she was kept by a forty-year-old man?
13. When Ralph was a young man, he used arsenic as an aphrodisiac in ___________________.
14. Who is the sister Catherine searches for while in St. Louis?
15. What is Antonio's demeanor in the Italian house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralph bring home to surprise Catherine one night?
2. Ralph suggests that Antonio go to ___________________ to play.
3. How old was Catherine when her mother died?
4. What does Ralph ask Catherine if she will do for him?
5. Catherine spends her nights with Antonio and her days _________________________.
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)