|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph had meant to be in his life?
(b) Art collector.
2. In what does Ralph try to interest Antonio?
(c) Community service.
(d) His business.
3. What food was shipped in to the farm from Chicago because Ralph craved it?
4. What is the only regret Ralph has as he faces death?
(a) Marrying Emilia.
(b) Not reconciling with Antonio.
(c) Building the Italian house.
(d) Marrying Catherine.
5. What joy did Catherine discover in the city in #113?
(b) The library.
(d) The park.
6. What is the message of the telegram that Catherine sends to Antonio?
(a) Come at once.
(b) It is over.
(c) Joyful end.
7. While in Chicago, Catherine gets items to treat Ralph from whom?
(a) A Chinese doctor.
(b) A naturopath.
(d) A neurologist.
8. What does Antonio threaten to do if Catherine will not kill Ralph?
(a) Kill Ralph himself.
(b) Track her down and kill her.
(c) Tell Ralph about having sex with Catherine.
(d) Kill himself.
9. What does Catherine do with the arsenic?
(a) She empties it in the woods.
(b) She throws it in a pond.
(c) She flushes it in a commode.
(d) She pours it down a drain.
10. Catherine leaves Alice some money and _____________________.
(a) Some food.
(b) A hotel room key.
(c) An address.
(d) Her fur coat.
11. Who does Catherine visit when she goes to Chicago?
12. What does Mrs. Larsen represent for Ralph?
(d) A mother figure.
13. From what disease did Emilia die?
14. Why does Catherine proceed with her plan to kill Ralph even though she loves him now?
(a) She wants his money more than his love.
(b) She is afraid that Antonio will expose her.
(c) She is still in love with Antonio.
(d) She lied when she said she loved him.
15. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph has a profound fear of?
(a) Being touched.
(b) Other people.
(c) Being looked at.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Catherine when her mother died?
2. Antonio tells Catherine that he had watched Ralph kill __________________.
3. What does Catherine realize about her own health when she is in Chicago?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Antonio acquires while living at the Italian house?
5. What does Ralph bring home to surprise Catherine one night?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)