|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph bring home to surprise Catherine one night?
(a) The jewels she had lost on the road.
(b) Diamond earrings.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A new piano.
2. How long does Catherine wait before going to see Antonio again?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 month.
3. How does Ralph know he is being poisoned?
(a) He tastes it in his food.
(b) He tastes it in the water.
(c) He finds the little blue bottle of arsenic.
(d) He is dizzy all the time.
4. How old was Catherine when her mother died?
5. How old was Antonio when Ralph killed the person in #96?
6. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph exhibits as the poisoning worsens?
(a) He can't stand to be touched.
(b) He develops deep blisters.
(c) He has horrific nightmares.
(d) He bleeds from his ears.
7. Who is the young widow with whom Antonio gets involved?
(a) Violet Alverson.
(b) Victoria Anderson.
(c) Vernie Allen.
(d) Veronica Adams.
8. How long does Catherine stay in bed and cry after she realizes that Alice can't be saved?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) A few days.
9. How does Ralph feel when he realizes that he is being poisoned?
(a) He is pensive.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He doesn't care.
10. What does Ralph admit to Catherine one night?
(a) He has changed his mind about Antonio.
(b) He wants a divorce.
(c) He knows what she is doing.
(d) He killed Francesca.
11. What does Catherine see descend toward Alice?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A bird.
(c) A feather.
(d) An angel.
12. Ralph tells Catherine that Antonio reminds him of whom?
13. Antonio tells Catherine that all he wants is to have Ralph dead and to ______________________.
(a) Move to Europe.
(b) Dance on his grave.
(c) Marry Catherine.
(d) Live in the Italian house.
14. Antonio tells Catherine that Ralph's rage was assuaged only by drugs and _______________.
15. Which of the following is NOT something Antonio acquires while living at the Italian house?
(a) An Arabian horse.
(b) A car.
(c) French Impressionist paintings.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Italian house is a metaphor for what?
2. Where does Catherine spend a lot of time while in St. Louis?
3. What is Antonio's demeanor in the Italian house?
4. Where did Catherine and Alice live after their father died?
5. Catherine writes to ask Ralph if she may purchase ____________________.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)