|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Antonio when Ralph killed the person in #96?
2. How does Antonio break up with Violet?
(a) He takes her to dinner.
(b) He sends a letter.
(c) He just moves away.
(d) He sends a note with a bouquet.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph had meant to be in his life?
(d) Art collector.
4. How did Catherine's father die?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Gunshot wound.
5. Why does Ralph value Mrs. Larsen so much?
(a) She sings while she works.
(b) She is frugal.
(c) She makes the best apple pies.
(d) She provides comforts for him.
6. What is one of Ralph's bedtime rituals?
(a) Reading until he falls asleep.
(b) Drinking a glass of water left by his bed.
(c) Writing in a journal.
7. Who arrives at the Truitt house one night?
8. What was the only thing Emilia took with her when she left Ralph?
(a) Her pearl necklace.
(b) The dress she was wearing.
(c) A safe deposit box.
(d) Her wedding ring.
9. Where does Catherine spend a lot of time while in St. Louis?
(a) La Belle Grande Hair Salon.
(b) Bonwit & Teller Department Store.
(c) The Missouri Botanical Garden.
(d) The Orpheus Theater.
10. Who is the young widow with whom Antonio gets involved?
(a) Vernie Allen.
(b) Victoria Anderson.
(c) Veronica Adams.
(d) Violet Alverson.
11. Which of the following is NOT a food Antonio indulges in on a regular basis?
12. Why is Ralph embarrassed to have Mrs. Larsen change his bedding?
(a) It is hardly used.
(b) It is always soiled.
(c) It is old and faded.
(d) It is very rumpled.
13. Who does Catherine hire in Chicago to work in the Italian house?
(a) A dressmaker.
(b) A hairstylist.
(c) A chef.
(d) A gardener.
14. How does Ralph know he is being poisoned?
(a) He finds the little blue bottle of arsenic.
(b) He is dizzy all the time.
(c) He tastes it in his food.
(d) He tastes it in the water.
15. Which of the following is NOT something Antonio acquires while living at the Italian house?
(a) A woman.
(b) An Arabian horse.
(c) French Impressionist paintings.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph has a profound fear of?
2. What are Catherine's thoughts after Antonio says he doesn't want to hear from her until Ralph is dead?
3. Which of the following is NOT how Catherine describes Ralph to Antonio?
4. Catherine writes to ask Ralph if she may purchase ____________________.
5. How old was Catherine when she became the mistress of a married man?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)