|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio tells Catherine that all he wants is to have Ralph dead and to ______________________.
(a) Move to Europe.
(b) Marry Catherine.
(c) Live in the Italian house.
(d) Dance on his grave.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Antonio acquires while living at the Italian house?
(a) An Arabian horse.
(b) A car.
(c) French Impressionist paintings.
(d) A woman.
3. In what does Ralph try to interest Antonio?
(c) Community service.
(d) His business.
4. What does Catherine do with the arsenic?
(a) She pours it down a drain.
(b) She flushes it in a commode.
(c) She throws it in a pond.
(d) She empties it in the woods.
5. What is one of Ralph's bedtime rituals?
(a) Drinking a glass of water left by his bed.
(c) Reading until he falls asleep.
(d) Writing in a journal.
6. Ralph tells Catherine that Antonio reminds him of whom?
7. What does Ralph ask Catherine if she will do for him?
(a) Have a child.
(b) Fire the Larsens.
(c) Host a party.
(d) Redecorate the house.
8. Who does Catherine visit when she goes to Chicago?
9. Where does Antonio say that Catherine's sister is?
(a) La Belle d'Amour brothel.
(c) Wild Cat Chute.
10. Who is the young widow with whom Antonio gets involved?
(a) Veronica Adams.
(b) Victoria Anderson.
(c) Violet Alverson.
(d) Vernie Allen.
11. What is the only regret Ralph has as he faces death?
(a) Not reconciling with Antonio.
(b) Building the Italian house.
(c) Marrying Catherine.
(d) Marrying Emilia.
12. What joy did Catherine discover in the city in #113?
(b) The library.
(c) The park.
13. How does Catherine plan to kill Ralph?
(a) By smothering him with a pillow.
(b) By putting arsenic in his food.
(c) By paying a hitman to kill him.
(d) By shooting him.
14. How old was Catherine when her mother died?
15. While in Chicago, Catherine gets items to treat Ralph from whom?
(a) A neurologist.
(b) A Chinese doctor.
(c) A naturopath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine see descend toward Alice?
2. Who arrives at the Truitt house one night?
3. What does Catherine realize about her own health when she is in Chicago?
4. What does Ralph admit to Catherine one night?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph has a profound fear of?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)