|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ralph embarrassed to have Mrs. Larsen change his bedding?
(a) It is very rumpled.
(b) It is hardly used.
(c) It is old and faded.
(d) It is always soiled.
2. How does Ralph know that the arsenic poisoning in his body is getting worse?
(a) He can't taste anything.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He loses his hearing.
(d) He is cold all the time.
3. What is Antonio's demeanor in the Italian house?
4. How does Catherine plan to kill Ralph?
(a) By putting arsenic in his food.
(b) By shooting him.
(c) By smothering him with a pillow.
(d) By paying a hitman to kill him.
5. Why does Catherine proceed with her plan to kill Ralph even though she loves him now?
(a) She wants his money more than his love.
(b) She is still in love with Antonio.
(c) She lied when she said she loved him.
(d) She is afraid that Antonio will expose her.
6. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph exhibits as the poisoning worsens?
(a) He develops deep blisters.
(b) He bleeds from his ears.
(c) He has horrific nightmares.
(d) He can't stand to be touched.
7. Antonio says that the only way Ralph will mean anything to him is _____________________.
(a) Coming to get him himself.
(b) Wiring him some money.
(c) Being dead.
(d) Giving him an apology.
8. What does Ralph ask Catherine if she will do for him?
(a) Have a child.
(b) Redecorate the house.
(c) Fire the Larsens.
(d) Host a party.
9. Where does Antonio say that Catherine's sister is?
(a) La Belle d'Amour brothel.
(c) Wild Cat Chute.
10. What food was shipped in to the farm from Chicago because Ralph craved it?
11. Where did Catherine and Alice move after Catherine had saved a little bit of money?
12. Who does Catherine hire in Chicago to work in the Italian house?
(a) A gardener.
(b) A hairstylist.
(c) A chef.
(d) A dressmaker.
13. Which of the following is NOT something Antonio acquires while living at the Italian house?
(a) A car.
(b) An Arabian horse.
(c) French Impressionist paintings.
(d) A woman.
14. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph has a profound fear of?
(a) Being touched.
(b) Other people.
(d) Being looked at.
15. What does Ralph bring home to surprise Catherine one night?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A new piano.
(c) Diamond earrings.
(d) The jewels she had lost on the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Ralph try to interest Antonio?
2. How did Catherine's father die?
3. Ralph tells Catherine that Antonio reminds him of whom?
4. Who does Catherine visit when she goes to Chicago?
5. What does Mrs. Larsen represent for Ralph?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)