|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Ralph deed the farmhouse?
(a) The Larsens.
2. Why is Ralph embarrassed to have Mrs. Larsen change his bedding?
(a) It is always soiled.
(b) It is hardly used.
(c) It is old and faded.
(d) It is very rumpled.
3. How did Catherine's father die?
(b) Gunshot wound.
(c) Heart attack.
4. Catherine spends her nights with Antonio and her days _________________________.
(a) Sleeping at her hotel.
(b) Shopping for clothes.
(c) Going to matinees.
(d) Getting her hair styled.
5. Why does Mr. Larsen cut off his hand?
(a) He goes out of his mind.
(b) It is mangled in farm equipment.
(c) It is constantly numb.
(d) He thinks an unhealed burn is the mark of Satan.
6. How does Ralph know he is being poisoned?
(a) He tastes it in his food.
(b) He finds the little blue bottle of arsenic.
(c) He is dizzy all the time.
(d) He tastes it in the water.
7. Why does Catherine proceed with her plan to kill Ralph even though she loves him now?
(a) She wants his money more than his love.
(b) She is still in love with Antonio.
(c) She lied when she said she loved him.
(d) She is afraid that Antonio will expose her.
8. Where does Antonio say that Catherine's sister is?
(a) La Belle d'Amour brothel.
(b) Wild Cat Chute.
9. What does Antonio do during Violet's funeral?
(a) Makes love to another woman.
(b) Drinks brandy.
(c) Plays the piano.
(d) Sobs in his bed.
10. How long does Catherine wait before going to see Antonio again?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 week.
11. What does Mrs. Larsen represent for Ralph?
(a) A mother figure.
12. When Ralph was a young man, he used arsenic as an aphrodisiac in ___________________.
13. What does Ralph ask Catherine if she will do for him?
(a) Fire the Larsens.
(b) Redecorate the house.
(c) Have a child.
(d) Host a party.
14. What does Catherine realize about her own health when she is in Chicago?
(a) She is sick with migraines.
(b) She is being poisoned too.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has malaria.
15. What does Ralph look for while Catherine is bathing?
(a) Some letters.
(b) A journal.
(d) The arsenic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Catherine and Alice move after Catherine had saved a little bit of money?
2. What does Catherine write to Ralph about regarding Antonio?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph has a profound fear of?
4. Catherine leaves Alice some money and _____________________.
5. What nickname do old people give to arsenic?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)