|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what disease did Emilia die?
2. What was the only thing Emilia took with her when she left Ralph?
(a) Her wedding ring.
(b) A safe deposit box.
(c) Her pearl necklace.
(d) The dress she was wearing.
3. Who is the young widow with whom Antonio gets involved?
(a) Veronica Adams.
(b) Violet Alverson.
(c) Vernie Allen.
(d) Victoria Anderson.
4. Why does Catherine proceed with her plan to kill Ralph even though she loves him now?
(a) She wants his money more than his love.
(b) She is still in love with Antonio.
(c) She lied when she said she loved him.
(d) She is afraid that Antonio will expose her.
5. Ralph suggests that Antonio go to ___________________ to play.
6. To whom does Ralph deed the farmhouse?
(d) The Larsens.
7. How old was Alice when she was kept by a forty-year-old man?
8. Where does Catherine spend a lot of time while in St. Louis?
(a) La Belle Grande Hair Salon.
(b) Bonwit & Teller Department Store.
(c) The Orpheus Theater.
(d) The Missouri Botanical Garden.
9. What is a doctor's diagnosis of Ralph's condition?
(c) Cystic Fibrosis.
10. How does Catherine plan to kill Ralph?
(a) By putting arsenic in his food.
(b) By shooting him.
(c) By smothering him with a pillow.
(d) By paying a hitman to kill him.
11. Where did Catherine and Alice move after Catherine had saved a little bit of money?
12. While in Chicago, Catherine gets items to treat Ralph from whom?
(a) A neurologist.
(c) A naturopath.
(d) A Chinese doctor.
13. What does Mrs. Larsen represent for Ralph?
(a) A mother figure.
14. What nickname do old people give to arsenic?
(a) Inheritance powder.
(b) Liquid death.
(c) The bitter end.
(d) Nectar of Satan.
15. What does Ralph have built in the Italian house as a wedding gift to Catherine?
(a) A fountain.
(b) A library.
(c) A safe.
(d) Modern bathrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Catherine and Alice live when they leave Philadelphia?
2. Most of Ralph's fortune comes from his business in which industry?
3. Who was Catherine's lover whom she caught in bed with twelve-year-old Alice?
4. How does Ralph know he is being poisoned?
5. Who does Catherine visit when she goes to Chicago?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)