|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ralph feel when he realizes that he is being poisoned?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He is pensive.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He is sad.
2. What are Catherine's thoughts after Antonio says he doesn't want to hear from her until Ralph is dead?
(a) She thinks about telling Ralph the truth.
(b) She decides to move to Baltimore.
(c) She decides to kill Antonio.
(d) She thinks about killing herself.
3. To whom does Ralph deed the farmhouse?
(c) The Larsens.
4. Antonio tells Catherine that all he wants is to have Ralph dead and to ______________________.
(a) Move to Europe.
(b) Marry Catherine.
(c) Live in the Italian house.
(d) Dance on his grave.
5. How does Antonio break up with Violet?
(a) He sends a letter.
(b) He takes her to dinner.
(c) He just moves away.
(d) He sends a note with a bouquet.
6. Which of the following is NOT how Catherine describes Ralph to Antonio?
7. How long does Catherine wait before going to see Antonio again?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 month.
8. How old was Antonio when Ralph killed the person in #96?
9. What nickname do old people give to arsenic?
(a) Liquid death.
(b) The bitter end.
(c) Inheritance powder.
(d) Nectar of Satan.
10. Who does Catherine hire in Chicago to work in the Italian house?
(a) A hairstylist.
(b) A dressmaker.
(c) A gardener.
(d) A chef.
11. Why does Catherine proceed with her plan to kill Ralph even though she loves him now?
(a) She wants his money more than his love.
(b) She is still in love with Antonio.
(c) She lied when she said she loved him.
(d) She is afraid that Antonio will expose her.
12. Where did Catherine and Alice move after Catherine had saved a little bit of money?
13. Antonio tells Catherine that he had watched Ralph kill __________________.
14. Ralph suggests that Antonio go to ___________________ to play.
15. Where did Catherine move when she no longer had Alice in her life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What food was shipped in to the farm from Chicago because Ralph craved it?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph exhibits as the poisoning worsens?
3. What is Antonio's demeanor in the Italian house?
4. Where does Catherine spend a lot of time while in St. Louis?
5. Why does Ralph value Mrs. Larsen so much?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)