|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Ralph try to interest Antonio?
(a) Community service.
(b) His business.
2. Why does Catherine proceed with her plan to kill Ralph even though she loves him now?
(a) She wants his money more than his love.
(b) She is still in love with Antonio.
(c) She lied when she said she loved him.
(d) She is afraid that Antonio will expose her.
3. Where did Catherine and Alice move after Catherine had saved a little bit of money?
4. What nickname do old people give to arsenic?
(a) The bitter end.
(b) Liquid death.
(c) Nectar of Satan.
(d) Inheritance powder.
5. Who was Catherine's lover whom she caught in bed with twelve-year-old Alice?
(a) Uncle Sid.
(b) Uncle Sammie.
(c) Uncle Skip.
(d) Uncle Chip.
6. How does Ralph feel when he realizes that he is being poisoned?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is pensive.
(d) He is outraged.
7. Who is the young widow with whom Antonio gets involved?
(a) Violet Alverson.
(b) Victoria Anderson.
(c) Veronica Adams.
(d) Vernie Allen.
8. Catherine leaves Alice some money and _____________________.
(a) An address.
(b) Some food.
(c) Her fur coat.
(d) A hotel room key.
9. The Italian house is a metaphor for what?
10. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph has a profound fear of?
(a) Being looked at.
(b) Being touched.
(c) Other people.
11. Ralph tells Catherine that Antonio reminds him of whom?
12. How old was Antonio when Ralph killed the person in #96?
13. Most of Ralph's fortune comes from his business in which industry?
14. How does Ralph know that the arsenic poisoning in his body is getting worse?
(a) He can't taste anything.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He loses his hearing.
(d) He is cold all the time.
15. Who is the sister Catherine searches for while in St. Louis?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ralph know he is being poisoned?
2. What does Ralph look for while Catherine is bathing?
3. What is the only regret Ralph has as he faces death?
4. What is one of Ralph's bedtime rituals?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Antonio acquires while living at the Italian house?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)