|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Catherine when her mother died?
2. Where did Emilia go after she left Ralph all those years ago?
3. How does Ralph feel when he realizes that he is being poisoned?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is pensive.
(d) He is sad.
4. Why is Ralph embarrassed to have Mrs. Larsen change his bedding?
(a) It is old and faded.
(b) It is very rumpled.
(c) It is hardly used.
(d) It is always soiled.
5. What does Catherine write to Ralph about regarding Antonio?
(a) She cannot persuade him to come home.
(b) She needs more time to observe him.
(c) She doesn't think he is Ralph's son.
(d) She wants to meet with him alone.
6. What is one of Ralph's bedtime rituals?
(a) Reading until he falls asleep.
(c) Drinking a glass of water left by his bed.
(d) Writing in a journal.
7. Which of the following is NOT how Catherine describes Ralph to Antonio?
8. Who is the sister Catherine searches for while in St. Louis?
9. Where does Catherine spend a lot of time while in St. Louis?
(a) The Missouri Botanical Garden.
(b) La Belle Grande Hair Salon.
(c) The Orpheus Theater.
(d) Bonwit & Teller Department Store.
10. Catherine writes to ask Ralph if she may purchase ____________________.
(a) A carriage.
(c) Silk fabric.
11. While in Chicago, Catherine gets items to treat Ralph from whom?
(b) A neurologist.
(c) A Chinese doctor.
(d) A naturopath.
12. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph exhibits as the poisoning worsens?
(a) He bleeds from his ears.
(b) He develops deep blisters.
(c) He can't stand to be touched.
(d) He has horrific nightmares.
13. What does Catherine realize about her own health when she is in Chicago?
(a) She is sick with migraines.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has malaria.
(d) She is being poisoned too.
14. Who does Catherine visit when she goes to Chicago?
15. What is Antonio's demeanor in the Italian house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine spends her nights with Antonio and her days _________________________.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph has a profound fear of?
3. Most of Ralph's fortune comes from his business in which industry?
4. From what disease did Emilia die?
5. How did Catherine's father die?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)