|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Catherine's father die?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Gunshot wound.
2. What does Catherine realize about her own health when she is in Chicago?
(a) She is sick with migraines.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has malaria.
(d) She is being poisoned too.
3. What does Catherine write to Ralph about regarding Antonio?
(a) She wants to meet with him alone.
(b) She needs more time to observe him.
(c) She doesn't think he is Ralph's son.
(d) She cannot persuade him to come home.
4. Ralph tells Catherine that Antonio reminds him of whom?
5. Ralph suggests that Antonio go to ___________________ to play.
6. Who arrives at the Truitt house one night?
7. What food was shipped in to the farm from Chicago because Ralph craved it?
8. What is one of Ralph's bedtime rituals?
(a) Reading until he falls asleep.
(b) Writing in a journal.
(d) Drinking a glass of water left by his bed.
9. Why does Ralph value Mrs. Larsen so much?
(a) She makes the best apple pies.
(b) She is frugal.
(c) She provides comforts for him.
(d) She sings while she works.
10. When Ralph was a young man, he used arsenic as an aphrodisiac in ___________________.
11. How does Antonio break up with Violet?
(a) He takes her to dinner.
(b) He just moves away.
(c) He sends a letter.
(d) He sends a note with a bouquet.
12. Where does Catherine spend a lot of time while in St. Louis?
(a) Bonwit & Teller Department Store.
(b) The Missouri Botanical Garden.
(c) La Belle Grande Hair Salon.
(d) The Orpheus Theater.
13. In what does Ralph try to interest Antonio?
(c) His business.
(d) Community service.
14. What does Antonio threaten to do if Catherine will not kill Ralph?
(a) Track her down and kill her.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Tell Ralph about having sex with Catherine.
(d) Kill Ralph himself.
15. To whom does Ralph deed the farmhouse?
(b) The Larsens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Catherine move when she no longer had Alice in her life?
2. How old was Catherine when she became the mistress of a married man?
3. Antonio tells Catherine that Ralph's rage was assuaged only by drugs and _______________.
4. Why is Ralph embarrassed to have Mrs. Larsen change his bedding?
5. How does Ralph know he is being poisoned?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)