|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antonio break up with Violet?
(a) He sends a note with a bouquet.
(b) He takes her to dinner.
(c) He sends a letter.
(d) He just moves away.
2. Ralph tells Catherine that Antonio reminds him of whom?
3. Where did Emilia go after she left Ralph all those years ago?
4. What are Catherine's thoughts after Antonio says he doesn't want to hear from her until Ralph is dead?
(a) She thinks about telling Ralph the truth.
(b) She thinks about killing herself.
(c) She decides to kill Antonio.
(d) She decides to move to Baltimore.
5. How does Ralph know that the arsenic poisoning in his body is getting worse?
(a) He loses his hearing.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is cold all the time.
(d) He can't taste anything.
6. What was the only thing Emilia took with her when she left Ralph?
(a) Her pearl necklace.
(b) Her wedding ring.
(c) A safe deposit box.
(d) The dress she was wearing.
7. Who is the young widow with whom Antonio gets involved?
(a) Violet Alverson.
(b) Vernie Allen.
(c) Veronica Adams.
(d) Victoria Anderson.
8. Antonio tells Catherine that Ralph's rage was assuaged only by drugs and _______________.
9. What is the message of the telegram that Catherine sends to Antonio?
(b) Joyful end.
(c) Come at once.
(d) It is over.
10. What does Catherine do with the arsenic?
(a) She throws it in a pond.
(b) She flushes it in a commode.
(c) She pours it down a drain.
(d) She empties it in the woods.
11. What is Antonio's demeanor in the Italian house?
12. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph exhibits as the poisoning worsens?
(a) He bleeds from his ears.
(b) He develops deep blisters.
(c) He has horrific nightmares.
(d) He can't stand to be touched.
13. While in Chicago, Catherine gets items to treat Ralph from whom?
(a) A neurologist.
(b) A Chinese doctor.
(d) A naturopath.
14. Antonio tells Catherine that he had watched Ralph kill __________________.
15. Why is Ralph embarrassed to have Mrs. Larsen change his bedding?
(a) It is always soiled.
(b) It is old and faded.
(c) It is hardly used.
(d) It is very rumpled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What joy did Catherine discover in the city in #113?
2. What does Ralph look for while Catherine is bathing?
3. What does Ralph ask Catherine if she will do for him?
4. What does Catherine see descend toward Alice?
5. What is the only regret Ralph has as he faces death?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)