|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Catherine plan to kill Ralph?
(a) By paying a hitman to kill him.
(b) By shooting him.
(c) By putting arsenic in his food.
(d) By smothering him with a pillow.
2. Antonio tells Catherine that he had watched Ralph kill __________________.
3. When did Antonio have sex with Catherine's sister?
(a) Years ago.
(b) When Catherine was in Wisconsin.
(c) A few months ago.
4. Who is the sister Catherine searches for while in St. Louis?
5. Catherine leaves Alice some money and _____________________.
(a) Some food.
(b) Her fur coat.
(c) An address.
(d) A hotel room key.
6. Catherine spends her nights with Antonio and her days _________________________.
(a) Sleeping at her hotel.
(b) Going to matinees.
(c) Shopping for clothes.
(d) Getting her hair styled.
7. Which of the following is NOT something Antonio acquires while living at the Italian house?
(a) An Arabian horse.
(b) A car.
(c) A woman.
(d) French Impressionist paintings.
8. Where does Catherine spend a lot of time while in St. Louis?
(a) The Orpheus Theater.
(b) Bonwit & Teller Department Store.
(c) The Missouri Botanical Garden.
(d) La Belle Grande Hair Salon.
9. What is the only regret Ralph has as he faces death?
(a) Marrying Catherine.
(b) Building the Italian house.
(c) Not reconciling with Antonio.
(d) Marrying Emilia.
10. How old was Alice when she was kept by a forty-year-old man?
11. While in Chicago, Catherine gets items to treat Ralph from whom?
(b) A naturopath.
(c) A neurologist.
(d) A Chinese doctor.
12. From what disease did Emilia die?
13. How does Ralph feel when he realizes that he is being poisoned?
(a) He is pensive.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is outraged.
14. The Italian house is a metaphor for what?
15. What does Antonio threaten to do if Catherine will not kill Ralph?
(a) Tell Ralph about having sex with Catherine.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Track her down and kill her.
(d) Kill Ralph himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a doctor's diagnosis of Ralph's condition?
2. How long does Catherine stay in bed and cry after she realizes that Alice can't be saved?
3. What was the only thing Emilia took with her when she left Ralph?
4. What does Catherine see descend toward Alice?
5. Catherine writes to ask Ralph if she may purchase ____________________.
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)