|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antonio doing in the city in #63?
(a) Attending law school.
(b) Modeling in an art studio.
(c) Playing piano in a whorehouse.
(d) Teaching school.
2. Who are the servants at Ralph's house?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Borg.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Svenson.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Larsen.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Gleason.
3. What is Antonio wearing during the time Catherine and the investigators meet with him?
(a) A t-shirt and pants.
(b) A three-piece suit.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A red silk robe.
4. Catherine says that she learned how to stitch wounds by __________________________.
(a) Trial and error.
(b) Watching her physician father.
(c) Learning from her mother.
(d) Going to medical school.
5. What does Catherine buy before returning to her hotel room after meeting with Antonio?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A canary.
(c) A hat.
(d) A book.
6. What color silk does Catherine order to make her wedding gown?
7. What are Ralph's new plans for Catherine?
(a) He will take her to California with him.
(b) He will get rid of her in a couple of days.
(c) He will make her his new business partner.
(d) He will build a new house for her.
8. Which of the following does Catherine NOT recall as she waits for Ralph to get better?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Past lovers.
9. What does Antonio eat every night at the restaurant?
(a) Prime rib.
(c) Crab salad.
10. In what year does the novel begin?
11. Catherine fabricates a story about her father being a/an _____________________.
12. Who was the father of Emilia's son?
(a) A piano teacher.
(b) A ranch hand.
(d) A sculptor.
13. Who was the daughter born to Ralph and Emilia?
14. What does Catherine lose in the carriage accident?
(a) Her hat.
(b) Her gloves.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her suitcase.
15. What happens to Catherine in the carriage accident?
(a) Her hat is blown away.
(b) The hem of her dress is torn.
(c) She breaks a leg.
(d) She sprains an ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
2. Where have detectives found Antonio after he has been gone for years?
3. What does Antonio do after he eats his meal?
4. Where are Ralph and Catherine married?
5. What does Ralph expect of Catherine?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)