|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ralph express his longing for Catherine?
(a) He buys her things.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He gropes her.
(d) He writes poetry.
2. What color is the small bottle that Catherine pays attention to while unpacking?
3. Catherine notes that there are no _________________ in Ralph's house.
4. What is Catherine's plan for after she gets all of Ralph's money?
(a) Run away with a young lover.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Open a hospital.
(d) Stay with him until he dies.
5. What does Antonio eat every night at the restaurant?
(b) Prime rib.
(c) Crab salad.
6. How many years ago did Ralph lose his wife?
7. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
(a) Stuck a needle through his hand.
(b) Made him stand shoeless in the snow for an hour.
(c) Refused to feed him for two days.
(d) Burned him with a candle.
8. Antonio says his true family is in what type of business?
9. What does Ralph expect of Catherine?
(a) That she will go to get his son.
(b) That she will teach him how to speak Italian.
(c) That she will bear children for him.
(d) That she will leave and not return.
10. Who was the father of Emilia's son?
(a) A ranch hand.
(b) A sculptor.
(d) A piano teacher.
11. Ralph is obsessed with __________________.
12. Catherine has studied which language?
13. What does Ralph tell Catherine before he collapses in the carriage?
(a) The horses know the way home.
(b) The doctor has an office in town.
(c) He is thankful she is with him.
(d) He is sorry for upsetting her.
14. Catherine realized a while ago that she cannot live without love or ____________________.
15. Why do the private investigators advise Catherine to not pursue Antonio any longer?
(a) She will only get hurt.
(b) They are not sure he is the right person.
(c) Ralph has called off the search.
(d) He is no good.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catherine first want to see Antonio?
2. How old was Emilia when Ralph met her?
3. Who was Emilia's second child?
4. Which of the following does Catherine NOT recall as she waits for Ralph to get better?
5. Why does Ralph decide to continue with plans to marry Catherine?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)