|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine fabricates a story about her father being a/an _____________________.
2. Who are the Pinkerton agents with whom Catherine meets?
(a) Malloy and Fewsmith.
(b) Malloy and Fisk.
(c) Mallory and Fenton.
(d) Morton and Fisk.
3. What makes Ralph anxious as he waits for the train?
(a) He is feeling nauseous.
(b) People are firing questions at him.
(c) The train is late.
(d) There is a thunderstorm moving in.
4. How many years ago did Ralph lose his wife?
5. What does Mr. Larsen do to keep Ralph from falling unconscious again?
(a) He walks him.
(b) He slaps him.
(c) He yells at him.
(d) He splashes cold water on him.
6. What question does Antonio ask Catherine when he stops at her table?
(a) If she is in mourning.
(b) If she will have dinner with him.
(c) If she liked his music.
(d) If she would go to the opera with him.
7. What topic does Catherine research in the library in St. Louis?
(a) Gourmet cuisine.
(b) Italian secret gardens.
8. How did Ralph's daughter die?
(a) She drowned.
(b) She had heart disease.
(c) She had influenza.
(d) She had leukemia.
9. What does Antonio tell Catherine he has lost when he stops at her table?
(a) A ring.
(b) A coin purse.
(c) A stickpin.
(d) His hat.
10. What is Catherine's cousin's name?
11. What does Antonio eat every night at the restaurant?
(a) Prime rib.
(d) Crab salad.
12. Catherine answered an ad which Ralph placed in which he stated he was looking for _____________________.
(a) A mother for his children.
(b) An adventurer.
(c) A reliable wife.
(d) A business partner.
13. The diamond ring that Ralph gave Catherine looked like which type of flower?
14. What name does Antonio go by in St. Louis?
(a) Tony Moretti.
(b) Andy Trask.
(c) Adam Trask.
(d) Tony Truitt.
15. What is Catherine's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the father of Emilia's son?
2. Who/What is on the train for which Ralph is waiting?
3. What is Antonio wearing during the time Catherine and the investigators meet with him?
4. How did Catherine learn how to make poison?
5. What does Catherine like about St. Louis?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)