|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine fabricates a story about her father being a/an _____________________.
2. What happens to Catherine in the carriage accident?
(a) Her hat is blown away.
(b) The hem of her dress is torn.
(c) She sprains an ankle.
(d) She breaks a leg.
3. The diamond ring that Ralph gave Catherine looked like which type of flower?
4. What does Catherine do on New Year's Day?
(a) Hosts a brunch.
(b) Polishes the silver.
(c) Sleeps until noon.
(d) Boards a train to St. Louis.
5. Catherine answered an ad which Ralph placed in which he stated he was looking for _____________________.
(a) An adventurer.
(b) A business partner.
(c) A reliable wife.
(d) A mother for his children.
6. When confronted by Catherine and the private detectives, what does Antonio say his name is?
(a) Pieter Moreno.
(b) Tony Ragucci.
(c) Paul Sabatino.
(d) Pietro Moretti.
7. What is Antonio doing in the city in #63?
(a) Modeling in an art studio.
(b) Playing piano in a whorehouse.
(c) Attending law school.
(d) Teaching school.
8. Catherine realized a while ago that she cannot live without love or ____________________.
9. What did Ralph tell Antonio about his mother?
(a) She broke her neck in a fall.
(b) She moved back to Italy.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She died in a fire.
10. Who tends to Ralph during his illness?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Larsen.
(b) Catherine and Mrs. Larsen.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Catherine and the doctor.
11. The photograph sent to Ralph from his new bride shows a woman who appears to be ____________________.
(a) Stunningly beautiful.
(b) Very voluptuous.
(c) Sweetly pleasant.
(d) Quite plain.
12. How did Catherine learn how to make poison?
(a) Her father was a chemist.
(b) She studied pharmacology.
(c) She studied books.
(d) A former lover taught her.
13. Where are Ralph and Catherine married?
(a) At Ralph's house.
(b) At the courthouse.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) In a church.
14. How old was Emilia when Ralph met her?
15. What does Antonio tell Catherine he has lost when he stops at her table?
(a) A ring.
(b) His hat.
(c) A stickpin.
(d) A coin purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Ralph NOT speak of in his delirious state?
2. Where does the carriage end up as Catherine tries to rein in the horses?
3. What is Catherine's cousin's name?
4. Who are the Pinkerton agents with whom Catherine meets?
5. Where have detectives found Antonio after he has been gone for years?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)