|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph's head hit when he is tossed from the carriage?
(a) A fence post.
(b) The road.
(c) A wheel.
(d) A rock.
2. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
(a) Made him stand shoeless in the snow for an hour.
(b) Refused to feed him for two days.
(c) Stuck a needle through his hand.
(d) Burned him with a candle.
3. Which of the following is NOT something that now shows on Ralph's face?
4. Antonio says his true family is in what type of business?
5. Ralph's mail order bride claimed that she was looking for ____________________.
(a) A home.
6. Who are the Pinkerton agents with whom Catherine meets?
(a) Mallory and Fenton.
(b) Malloy and Fewsmith.
(c) Morton and Fisk.
(d) Malloy and Fisk.
7. Catherine has studied which language?
8. Who was Emilia's second child?
9. What does Mr. Larsen do to keep Ralph from falling unconscious again?
(a) He walks him.
(b) He slaps him.
(c) He splashes cold water on him.
(d) He yells at him.
10. What happens to Catherine in the carriage accident?
(a) Her hat is blown away.
(b) The hem of her dress is torn.
(c) She sprains an ankle.
(d) She breaks a leg.
11. What does Antonio do after he eats his meal?
(a) He smokes a cigar.
(b) He reads a book.
(c) He plays piano.
(d) He drinks some brandy.
12. What does Catherine like about St. Louis?
(a) The scenery.
(b) The architecture.
(c) The cuisine.
(d) The excitement.
13. What did Ralph tell Antonio about his mother?
(a) She broke her neck in a fall.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She died in a fire.
(d) She moved back to Italy.
14. Which of the following does Ralph NOT speak of in his delirious state?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His first wife.
(d) His mother.
15. The diamond ring that Ralph gave Catherine looked like which type of flower?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the daughter born to Ralph and Emilia?
2. How old was Emilia when Ralph met her?
3. What does Ralph expect of Catherine?
4. How did Catherine learn how to make poison?
5. What day does Ralph choose to marry Catherine?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)