|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine's last name?
2. What does Antonio say is his mother's name?
3. In what year does the novel begin?
4. What does Catherine sew into the hem of her dress?
(b) A letter.
(c) A photograph.
5. When confronted by Catherine and the private detectives, what does Antonio say his name is?
(a) Paul Sabatino.
(b) Pietro Moretti.
(c) Pieter Moreno.
(d) Tony Ragucci.
6. What does Catherine pay particular attention to as she unpacks?
(a) A brooch.
(b) Her cosmetics.
(c) Her hats.
(d) A small bottle.
7. Catherine has studied which language?
8. How does Catherine first want to see Antonio?
(a) She wants to go to where he works.
(b) She wants to go to his hotel room.
(c) She wants to observe him at dinner.
(d) She wants him to come to her room.
9. What is Antonio wearing during the time Catherine and the investigators meet with him?
(a) A red silk robe.
(b) A t-shirt and pants.
(c) A three-piece suit.
(d) A tuxedo.
10. What question does Antonio ask Catherine when he stops at her table?
(a) If she would go to the opera with him.
(b) If she will have dinner with him.
(c) If she liked his music.
(d) If she is in mourning.
11. What startles the horses of Ralph's carriage?
(a) Another carriage.
(b) A deer.
(c) A gunshot.
12. What does Mr. Larsen do to keep Ralph from falling unconscious again?
(a) He slaps him.
(b) He yells at him.
(c) He splashes cold water on him.
(d) He walks him.
13. Who was Emilia's second child?
14. What did Ralph tell Antonio about his mother?
(a) She drowned.
(b) She broke her neck in a fall.
(c) She moved back to Italy.
(d) She died in a fire.
15. What had Ralph done when he caught Emilia and her lover together?
(a) Shot Emilia.
(b) Nearly beat the man to death.
(c) Shot the man.
(d) Whipped the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The diamond ring that Ralph gave Catherine looked like which type of flower?
2. How old was Emilia when Ralph met her?
3. In what state does the novel take place?
4. Where are Ralph and Catherine married?
5. What does Catherine do with her expensive clothing?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)