|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Ralph anxious as he waits for the train?
(a) The train is late.
(b) There is a thunderstorm moving in.
(c) He is feeling nauseous.
(d) People are firing questions at him.
2. Where are Ralph and Catherine married?
(a) At Ralph's house.
(b) In a church.
(c) At the courthouse.
(d) In a meadow.
3. What name does Antonio go by in St. Louis?
(a) Andy Trask.
(b) Tony Moretti.
(c) Adam Trask.
(d) Tony Truitt.
4. What does Catherine notice as she and Ralph drive toward his house?
(a) The beautiful trees.
(b) The children playing.
(c) The destruction.
(d) The isolation.
5. What does Antonio tell Catherine he has lost when he stops at her table?
(a) A coin purse.
(b) A ring.
(c) A stickpin.
(d) His hat.
6. How does Ralph express his longing for Catherine?
(a) He buys her things.
(b) He writes poetry.
(c) He sings to her.
(d) He gropes her.
7. Why do the private investigators advise Catherine to not pursue Antonio any longer?
(a) He is no good.
(b) Ralph has called off the search.
(c) She will only get hurt.
(d) They are not sure he is the right person.
8. Where have detectives found Antonio after he has been gone for years?
(b) St. Louis.
9. Catherine says that she learned how to stitch wounds by __________________________.
(a) Watching her physician father.
(b) Trial and error.
(c) Learning from her mother.
(d) Going to medical school.
10. Who tends to Ralph during his illness?
(a) Catherine and the doctor.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Larsen.
(c) The doctor.
(d) Catherine and Mrs. Larsen.
11. How old was Emilia when Ralph met her?
12. What question does Antonio ask Catherine when he stops at her table?
(a) If she would go to the opera with him.
(b) If she liked his music.
(c) If she is in mourning.
(d) If she will have dinner with him.
13. What color is the small bottle that Catherine pays attention to while unpacking?
14. Ralph's mail order bride claimed that she was looking for ____________________.
(a) A home.
15. Why did Ralph's father send him a large amount of money in Italy?
(a) To give to the Catholic Church.
(b) To buy a new carriage.
(c) To buy paintings.
(d) To give to Emilia's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine has studied which language?
2. How does Catherine first want to see Antonio?
3. What does Catherine do on New Year's Day?
4. What had Ralph done when he caught Emilia and her lover together?
5. What are Ralph's new plans for Catherine?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)