|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do on New Year's Day?
(a) Polishes the silver.
(b) Sleeps until noon.
(c) Hosts a brunch.
(d) Boards a train to St. Louis.
2. What does Mr. Larsen do to keep Ralph from falling unconscious again?
(a) He yells at him.
(b) He splashes cold water on him.
(c) He walks him.
(d) He slaps him.
3. Ralph's mail order bride claimed that she was looking for ____________________.
(b) A home.
4. Catherine notes that there are no _________________ in Ralph's house.
5. What did Ralph tell Antonio about his mother?
(a) She moved back to Italy.
(b) She died in a fire.
(c) She broke her neck in a fall.
(d) She drowned.
6. What name does Antonio go by in St. Louis?
(a) Tony Truitt.
(b) Adam Trask.
(c) Andy Trask.
(d) Tony Moretti.
7. Which of the following does Ralph NOT speak of in his delirious state?
(a) His brother.
(b) His first wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
8. Ralph is aware that his relationship with Catherine is beginning with __________________.
(a) No attraction.
(b) Sexual attraction.
(c) A contract.
(d) A lie.
9. What day does Ralph choose to marry Catherine?
(a) Easter Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) Thanksgiving Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
10. What is Antonio wearing during the time Catherine and the investigators meet with him?
(a) A three-piece suit.
(b) A t-shirt and pants.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A red silk robe.
11. What is Catherine's plan for after she gets all of Ralph's money?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Run away with a young lover.
(c) Open a hospital.
(d) Stay with him until he dies.
12. Who tends to Ralph during his illness?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Larsen.
(b) The doctor.
(c) Catherine and the doctor.
(d) Catherine and Mrs. Larsen.
13. What are Ralph's new plans for Catherine?
(a) He will build a new house for her.
(b) He will get rid of her in a couple of days.
(c) He will make her his new business partner.
(d) He will take her to California with him.
14. Catherine has studied which language?
15. Where does the carriage end up as Catherine tries to rein in the horses?
(a) The ditch.
(b) The woods.
(c) A frozen river.
(d) The next town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the private investigators advise Catherine to not pursue Antonio any longer?
2. How old was Emilia when Ralph met her?
3. What does Antonio say is his mother's name?
4. What is Antonio doing in the city in #63?
5. Who was the father of Emilia's son?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)