Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antonio wearing during the time Catherine and the investigators meet with him?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A three-piece suit.
(c) A red silk robe.
(d) A t-shirt and pants.
2. How does Catherine first want to see Antonio?
(a) She wants him to come to her room.
(b) She wants to go to his hotel room.
(c) She wants to observe him at dinner.
(d) She wants to go to where he works.
3. What does Catherine buy before returning to her hotel room after meeting with Antonio?
(a) A hat.
(b) A canary.
(c) A book.
(d) A box of chocolates.
4. What had tormented Ralph for his entire life?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
(b) Murderous thoughts.
(c) Lustful thoughts.
5. What is Antonio doing in the city in #63?
(a) Attending law school.
(b) Playing piano in a whorehouse.
(c) Modeling in an art studio.
(d) Teaching school.
6. What does Catherine do with her expensive clothing?
(a) She gives it away.
(b) She leaves it under the train seat.
(c) She packs it neatly in her trunk.
(d) She throwS it out the train window.
7. What does Antonio say is his mother's name?
8. What is Catherine's cousin's name?
9. What color silk does Catherine order to make her wedding gown?
10. What does Catherine do on New Year's Day?
(a) Boards a train to St. Louis.
(b) Polishes the silver.
(c) Sleeps until noon.
(d) Hosts a brunch.
11. Where are Ralph and Catherine married?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a meadow.
(c) At the courthouse.
(d) At Ralph's house.
12. What day does Ralph choose to marry Catherine?
(a) Easter Day.
(b) Thanksgiving Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
13. Who are the Pinkerton agents with whom Catherine meets?
(a) Mallory and Fenton.
(b) Morton and Fisk.
(c) Malloy and Fisk.
(d) Malloy and Fewsmith.
14. Which of the following is NOT something that now shows on Ralph's face?
15. What did Ralph do after college?
(a) Toured Europe.
(b) Got married.
(c) Studied law.
(d) Returned home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Catherine in the carriage accident?
2. Why does Ralph decide to continue with plans to marry Catherine?
3. Which of the following does Catherine NOT recall as she waits for Ralph to get better?
4. Who tends to Ralph during his illness?
5. What does Antonio tell Catherine he has lost when he stops at her table?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)