|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ralph go away to college?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
2. What did Ralph tell Antonio about his mother?
(a) She drowned.
(b) She died in a fire.
(c) She moved back to Italy.
(d) She broke her neck in a fall.
3. What does Antonio say is his mother's name?
4. Catherine notes that there are no _________________ in Ralph's house.
5. Where does the carriage end up as Catherine tries to rein in the horses?
(a) A frozen river.
(b) The woods.
(c) The next town.
(d) The ditch.
6. Who is Catherine?
(a) Ralph's housekeeper.
(b) Ralph's sister.
(c) Ralph's mail order bride.
(d) Ralph's first wife.
7. What is the hotel where Catherine stays in St. Louis?
(a) The James Hotel.
(b) Riverboat Queen.
(c) Planter's Hotel.
(d) The Embassy.
8. What does Catherine constantly imagine herself doing?
9. What does Ralph tell Catherine before he collapses in the carriage?
(a) He is thankful she is with him.
(b) He is sorry for upsetting her.
(c) The horses know the way home.
(d) The doctor has an office in town.
10. What is Catherine's last name?
11. What is Catherine's state of mind as she waits for Ralph to get better?
12. Who are the servants at Ralph's house?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Borg.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Larsen.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Gleason.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Svenson.
13. Ralph is obsessed with __________________.
14. What startles the horses of Ralph's carriage?
(a) A gunshot.
(c) Another carriage.
(d) A deer.
15. What does Antonio do after he eats his meal?
(a) He drinks some brandy.
(b) He plays piano.
(c) He smokes a cigar.
(d) He reads a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the father of Emilia's son?
2. What does Ralph's head hit when he is tossed from the carriage?
3. Ralph strives hard to maintain an appearance of ___________________.
4. What does Catherine do as she rides in the train on the way to her destination?
5. Antonio says that his real family lives in what city?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)