|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - Wisconsin, Winter into Spring, 1908 - Chapters 23, 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The photograph sent to Ralph from his new bride shows a woman who appears to be ____________________.
(a) Sweetly pleasant.
(b) Very voluptuous.
(c) Quite plain.
(d) Stunningly beautiful.
2. What had tormented Ralph for his entire life?
(a) Suicidal thoughts.
(c) Murderous thoughts.
(d) Lustful thoughts.
3. Why is Ralph surprised by Catherine's appearance?
(a) She has red hair.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is not the woman in the photo she had sent him.
(d) She is much taller than he expected.
4. What does Antonio say is his mother's name?
5. How did Catherine earn money to take care of herself and Alice?
(a) She cooked in a restaurant.
(b) She sewed.
(c) She prostituted herself.
(d) She cleaned houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine's state of mind as she waits for Ralph to get better?
2. Who was Catherine's lover whom she caught in bed with twelve-year-old Alice?
3. Who does Catherine hire in Chicago to work in the Italian house?
4. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
5. In what year does the novel begin?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)