|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - Wisconsin, Winter into Spring, 1908 - Chapters 23, 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the motif that is repeated throughout the story?
(a) Such things happen.
(b) It is what it is.
(c) Don't think about it now.
(d) If only she had known.
2. Who are the servants at Ralph's house?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Svenson.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Larsen.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Gleason.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Borg.
3. What had Ralph done when he caught Emilia and her lover together?
(a) Shot the man.
(b) Shot Emilia.
(c) Whipped the man.
(d) Nearly beat the man to death.
4. Why does Catherine proceed with her plan to kill Ralph even though she loves him now?
(a) She wants his money more than his love.
(b) She is afraid that Antonio will expose her.
(c) She is still in love with Antonio.
(d) She lied when she said she loved him.
5. What does Catherine do as she rides in the train on the way to her destination?
(a) She embroiders a doily.
(b) She reads a book.
(c) She stares at herself in a mirror.
(d) She takes a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Catherine wait before going to see Antonio again?
2. What are Catherine's thoughts after Antonio says he doesn't want to hear from her until Ralph is dead?
3. Ralph and Antonio are finally able to talk about ________________________.
4. What is Catherine's cousin's name?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Ralph exhibits as the poisoning worsens?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)