|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - Wisconsin, Winter into Spring, 1908 - Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ralph strives hard to maintain an appearance of ___________________.
2. What does Catherine do with the arsenic?
(a) She flushes it in a commode.
(b) She empties it in the woods.
(c) She throws it in a pond.
(d) She pours it down a drain.
3. Why does Mr. Larsen cut off his hand?
(a) It is constantly numb.
(b) He thinks an unhealed burn is the mark of Satan.
(c) It is mangled in farm equipment.
(d) He goes out of his mind.
4. How old was Alice when she was kept by a forty-year-old man?
5. What does Antonio say is his mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Catherine's father die?
2. What joy did Catherine discover in the city in #113?
3. Why does Ralph decide to continue with plans to marry Catherine?
4. What does Ralph's head hit when he is tossed from the carriage?
5. What does Antonio tell Catherine he has lost when he stops at her table?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)