|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - Wisconsin, Winter into Spring, 1908 - Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ralph tell Antonio about his mother?
(a) She moved back to Italy.
(b) She broke her neck in a fall.
(c) She died in a fire.
(d) She drowned.
2. Why does Ralph decide to continue with plans to marry Catherine?
(a) He thinks she is beautiful.
(b) She intrigues him.
(c) He is too lonesome and desperate.
(d) She saved his life.
3. How does Catherine plan to kill Ralph?
(a) By paying a hitman to kill him.
(b) By putting arsenic in his food.
(c) By shooting him.
(d) By smothering him with a pillow.
4. Catherine writes to ask Ralph if she may purchase ____________________.
(c) A carriage.
(d) Silk fabric.
5. What is Catherine's plan for after she gets all of Ralph's money?
(a) Run away with a young lover.
(b) Stay with him until he dies.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Open a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio threaten to do if Catherine will not kill Ralph?
2. What does Ralph ask Catherine if she will do for him?
3. What does Catherine write to Ralph about regarding Antonio?
4. How does Ralph know he is being poisoned?
5. In what state does the novel take place?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)