|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - Wisconsin, Winter into Spring, 1908 - Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ralph know he is being poisoned?
(a) He finds the little blue bottle of arsenic.
(b) He tastes it in his food.
(c) He tastes it in the water.
(d) He is dizzy all the time.
2. How old was Catherine when her mother died?
3. What does Catherine buy before returning to her hotel room after meeting with Antonio?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A hat.
(c) A canary.
(d) A book.
4. What does Catherine do on New Year's Day?
(a) Sleeps until noon.
(b) Boards a train to St. Louis.
(c) Polishes the silver.
(d) Hosts a brunch.
5. How long does Catherine stay in bed and cry after she realizes that Alice can't be saved?
(a) A few days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralph expect of Catherine?
2. Ralph strives hard to maintain an appearance of ___________________.
3. What does Catherine like about St. Louis?
4. What happens to Catherine in the carriage accident?
5. What is Catherine's state of mind as she waits for Ralph to get better?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)