|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - Wisconsin, Winter into Spring, 1908 - Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine do on New Year's Day?
(a) Polishes the silver.
(b) Sleeps until noon.
(c) Hosts a brunch.
(d) Boards a train to St. Louis.
2. How old was Catherine when she became the mistress of a married man?
3. Ralph's mail order bride claimed that she was looking for ____________________.
(b) A home.
4. What nickname do old people give to arsenic?
(a) Liquid death.
(b) The bitter end.
(c) Nectar of Satan.
(d) Inheritance powder.
5. Catherine recognizes Ralph right away because of his apparent wealth and ___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ralph's brother?
2. What did Ralph do after college?
3. How old was Alice when she was kept by a forty-year-old man?
4. How did Catherine learn how to make poison?
5. In what year does the novel begin?
This section contains 149 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)