|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 - St. Louis, Winter, 1908 - Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. The diamond ring that Ralph gave Catherine looked like which type of flower?
3. What does Catherine do with her expensive clothing?
(a) She throwS it out the train window.
(b) She packs it neatly in her trunk.
(c) She gives it away.
(d) She leaves it under the train seat.
4. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
(a) Stuck a needle through his hand.
(b) Burned him with a candle.
(c) Made him stand shoeless in the snow for an hour.
(d) Refused to feed him for two days.
5. Catherine answered an ad which Ralph placed in which he stated he was looking for _____________________.
(a) A reliable wife.
(b) An adventurer.
(c) A mother for his children.
(d) A business partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What startles the horses of Ralph's carriage?
2. The photograph sent to Ralph from his new bride shows a woman who appears to be ____________________.
3. In what state does the novel take place?
4. How many years ago did Ralph lose his wife?
5. Which of the following is NOT something that now shows on Ralph's face?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)