|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Ralph's new plans for Catherine?
(a) He will make her his new business partner.
(b) He will get rid of her in a couple of days.
(c) He will build a new house for her.
(d) He will take her to California with him.
2. What does Catherine do as she rides in the train on the way to her destination?
(a) She embroiders a doily.
(b) She reads a book.
(c) She stares at herself in a mirror.
(d) She takes a nap.
3. Ralph's mother could best be described as ________________________.
(a) Insane and frantic.
(b) Docile and shy.
(c) Patient and kind.
(d) Religiously domineering.
4. What makes Ralph anxious as he waits for the train?
(a) He is feeling nauseous.
(b) There is a thunderstorm moving in.
(c) People are firing questions at him.
(d) The train is late.
5. Where does the carriage end up as Catherine tries to rein in the horses?
(a) The next town.
(b) A frozen river.
(c) The ditch.
(d) The woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the servants at Ralph's house?
2. What does Catherine lose in the carriage accident?
3. What is Catherine's plan for after she gets all of Ralph's money?
4. What does Catherine pay particular attention to as she unpacks?
5. Catherine realized a while ago that she cannot live without love or ____________________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)