|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ralph do after college?
(a) Returned home.
(b) Toured Europe.
(c) Got married.
(d) Studied law.
2. What had tormented Ralph for his entire life?
(b) Lustful thoughts.
(c) Suicidal thoughts.
(d) Murderous thoughts.
3. What happens to Catherine in the carriage accident?
(a) She breaks a leg.
(b) She sprains an ankle.
(c) Her hat is blown away.
(d) The hem of her dress is torn.
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. What makes Ralph anxious as he waits for the train?
(a) People are firing questions at him.
(b) There is a thunderstorm moving in.
(c) The train is late.
(d) He is feeling nauseous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine notes that there are no _________________ in Ralph's house.
2. Catherine realized a while ago that she cannot live without love or ____________________.
3. Ralph strives hard to maintain an appearance of ___________________.
4. What does Ralph's head hit when he is tossed from the carriage?
5. The photograph sent to Ralph from his new bride shows a woman who appears to be ____________________.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)