|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Catherine in the carriage accident?
(a) She breaks a leg.
(b) She sprains an ankle.
(c) Her hat is blown away.
(d) The hem of her dress is torn.
2. Ralph's mail order bride claimed that she was looking for ____________________.
(b) A home.
3. Catherine answered an ad which Ralph placed in which he stated he was looking for _____________________.
(a) A mother for his children.
(b) A reliable wife.
(c) An adventurer.
(d) A business partner.
4. What does Catherine notice as she and Ralph drive toward his house?
(a) The destruction.
(b) The isolation.
(c) The children playing.
(d) The beautiful trees.
5. Catherine says that she learned how to stitch wounds by __________________________.
(a) Watching her physician father.
(b) Learning from her mother.
(c) Trial and error.
(d) Going to medical school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/What is on the train for which Ralph is waiting?
2. In what state does the novel take place?
3. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
4. What is Catherine's last name?
5. What had tormented Ralph for his entire life?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)