|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
(a) Refused to feed him for two days.
(b) Made him stand shoeless in the snow for an hour.
(c) Burned him with a candle.
(d) Stuck a needle through his hand.
2. What is Ralph's last name?
3. Ralph's mother could best be described as ________________________.
(a) Docile and shy.
(b) Religiously domineering.
(c) Patient and kind.
(d) Insane and frantic.
4. How many years ago did Ralph lose his wife?
5. What does Catherine do with her expensive clothing?
(a) She throwS it out the train window.
(b) She gives it away.
(c) She leaves it under the train seat.
(d) She packs it neatly in her trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ralph surprised by Catherine's appearance?
2. How old was Emilia when Ralph met her?
3. What is Catherine's plan for after she gets all of Ralph's money?
4. Ralph's mother told him that he was born ____________________.
5. What are Ralph's new plans for Catherine?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)