|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine notes that there are no _________________ in Ralph's house.
2. What is Catherine's plan for after she gets all of Ralph's money?
(a) Stay with him until he dies.
(b) Open a hospital.
(c) Run away with a young lover.
(d) Travel the world.
3. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
(a) Made him stand shoeless in the snow for an hour.
(b) Stuck a needle through his hand.
(c) Burned him with a candle.
(d) Refused to feed him for two days.
4. What color is the small bottle that Catherine pays attention to while unpacking?
5. Ralph's mail order bride claimed that she was looking for ____________________.
(c) A home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralph strives hard to maintain an appearance of ___________________.
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. What had tormented Ralph for his entire life?
4. Catherine has studied which language?
5. Mrs. Larsen tells Catherine that if Catherine hurts Ralph, ______________________.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)