|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - Wisconsin, Winter into Spring, 1908 - Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph tell Catherine before he collapses in the carriage?
(a) He is sorry for upsetting her.
(b) The doctor has an office in town.
(c) The horses know the way home.
(d) He is thankful she is with him.
2. Who are the Pinkerton agents with whom Catherine meets?
(a) Morton and Fisk.
(b) Mallory and Fenton.
(c) Malloy and Fewsmith.
(d) Malloy and Fisk.
3. What had Ralph done when he caught Emilia and her lover together?
(a) Shot Emilia.
(b) Shot the man.
(c) Whipped the man.
(d) Nearly beat the man to death.
4. How did Catherine learn how to make poison?
(a) She studied pharmacology.
(b) Her father was a chemist.
(c) A former lover taught her.
(d) She studied books.
5. To whom does Ralph deed the farmhouse?
(a) The Larsens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine visits beer parlors and _________________ with Antonio.
2. Antonio tells Catherine that he had watched Ralph kill __________________.
3. What does Catherine sew into the hem of her dress?
4. Which of the following does Ralph NOT speak of in his delirious state?
5. Why is Ralph embarrassed to have Mrs. Larsen change his bedding?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)