|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - Wisconsin, Winter into Spring, 1908 - Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Alice when she was kept by a forty-year-old man?
2. Which of the following does Catherine NOT recall as she waits for Ralph to get better?
(b) Past lovers.
(d) Her mother.
3. How did Catherine earn money to take care of herself and Alice?
(a) She prostituted herself.
(b) She sewed.
(c) She cooked in a restaurant.
(d) She cleaned houses.
4. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
(a) Stuck a needle through his hand.
(b) Made him stand shoeless in the snow for an hour.
(c) Burned him with a candle.
(d) Refused to feed him for two days.
5. Where are Ralph and Catherine married?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a meadow.
(c) At the courthouse.
(d) At Ralph's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine writes to ask Ralph if she may purchase ____________________.
2. What bothers Catherine about her plan to get rid of Ralph now?
3. Mrs. Larsen tells Catherine that if Catherine hurts Ralph, ______________________.
4. Catherine visits beer parlors and _________________ with Antonio.
5. What is Antonio doing in the city in #63?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)