|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - Wisconsin, Winter into Spring, 1908 - Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph look for while Catherine is bathing?
(b) The arsenic.
(c) Some letters.
(d) A journal.
2. What does Catherine notice as she and Ralph drive toward his house?
(a) The isolation.
(b) The children playing.
(c) The destruction.
(d) The beautiful trees.
3. What does Catherine do with the arsenic?
(a) She flushes it in a commode.
(b) She throws it in a pond.
(c) She pours it down a drain.
(d) She empties it in the woods.
4. What is Ralph's condition when they arrive home?
5. What did Ralph tell Antonio about his mother?
(a) She died in a fire.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She moved back to Italy.
(d) She broke her neck in a fall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ralph embarrassed to have Mrs. Larsen change his bedding?
2. Where does the carriage end up as Catherine tries to rein in the horses?
3. What is the hotel where Catherine stays in St. Louis?
4. How long does Catherine stay in bed and cry after she realizes that Alice can't be saved?
5. How did Catherine learn how to make poison?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)