|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3 - Wisconsin, Winter into Spring, 1908 - Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the novel take place?
2. Why did Ralph's father send him a large amount of money in Italy?
(a) To give to Emilia's family.
(b) To give to the Catholic Church.
(c) To buy paintings.
(d) To buy a new carriage.
3. Catherine recognizes Ralph right away because of his apparent wealth and ___________________.
4. What does Catherine realize about her own health when she is in Chicago?
(a) She is being poisoned too.
(b) She is sick with migraines.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has malaria.
5. Which of the following does Ralph NOT speak of in his delirious state?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His first wife.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tends to Ralph during his illness?
2. What is a doctor's diagnosis of Ralph's condition?
3. How long does Catherine stay in bed and cry after she realizes that Alice can't be saved?
4. Why does Catherine proceed with her plan to kill Ralph even though she loves him now?
5. How did Catherine's father die?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)