|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph expect of Catherine?
(a) That she will teach him how to speak Italian.
(b) That she will go to get his son.
(c) That she will leave and not return.
(d) That she will bear children for him.
2. Who was Emilia's second child?
3. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
(a) Refused to feed him for two days.
(b) Made him stand shoeless in the snow for an hour.
(c) Burned him with a candle.
(d) Stuck a needle through his hand.
4. What startles the horses of Ralph's carriage?
(a) A deer.
(b) A gunshot.
(d) Another carriage.
5. What are Ralph's new plans for Catherine?
(a) He will build a new house for her.
(b) He will get rid of her in a couple of days.
(c) He will take her to California with him.
(d) He will make her his new business partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Larsen tells Catherine that if Catherine hurts Ralph, ______________________.
2. Catherine recognizes Ralph right away because of his apparent wealth and ___________________.
3. Which of the following is NOT something that now shows on Ralph's face?
4. Catherine answered an ad which Ralph placed in which he stated he was looking for _____________________.
5. What is Catherine's cousin's name?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)