|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Catherine in the carriage accident?
(a) She sprains an ankle.
(b) She breaks a leg.
(c) Her hat is blown away.
(d) The hem of her dress is torn.
2. Ralph's mother told him that he was born ____________________.
(a) Too soon.
3. Who is Catherine?
(a) Ralph's mail order bride.
(b) Ralph's housekeeper.
(c) Ralph's sister.
(d) Ralph's first wife.
4. What does Catherine do with her expensive clothing?
(a) She gives it away.
(b) She packs it neatly in her trunk.
(c) She throwS it out the train window.
(d) She leaves it under the train seat.
5. What does Catherine do on New Year's Day?
(a) Polishes the silver.
(b) Sleeps until noon.
(c) Hosts a brunch.
(d) Boards a train to St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tends to Ralph during his illness?
2. Catherine answered an ad which Ralph placed in which he stated he was looking for _____________________.
3. What does Catherine sew into the hem of her dress?
4. Catherine says that she learned how to stitch wounds by __________________________.
5. In what state does the novel take place?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)