|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The photograph sent to Ralph from his new bride shows a woman who appears to be ____________________.
(a) Quite plain.
(b) Very voluptuous.
(c) Stunningly beautiful.
(d) Sweetly pleasant.
2. What does Catherine pay particular attention to as she unpacks?
(a) A small bottle.
(b) Her cosmetics.
(c) Her hats.
(d) A brooch.
3. Where does the carriage end up as Catherine tries to rein in the horses?
(a) The woods.
(b) A frozen river.
(c) The ditch.
(d) The next town.
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. Why did Ralph's father send him a large amount of money in Italy?
(a) To buy paintings.
(b) To buy a new carriage.
(c) To give to Emilia's family.
(d) To give to the Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color silk does Catherine order to make her wedding gown?
2. How many years ago did Ralph lose his wife?
3. Which of the following does Ralph NOT speak of in his delirious state?
4. What are Ralph's new plans for Catherine?
5. What is Catherine's last name?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)