|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Ralph NOT speak of in his delirious state?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His first wife.
(d) His mother.
2. Catherine recognizes Ralph right away because of his apparent wealth and ___________________.
3. Ralph's mother could best be described as ________________________.
(a) Insane and frantic.
(b) Patient and kind.
(c) Religiously domineering.
(d) Docile and shy.
4. Catherine answered an ad which Ralph placed in which he stated he was looking for _____________________.
(a) An adventurer.
(b) A mother for his children.
(c) A reliable wife.
(d) A business partner.
5. Catherine fabricates a story about her father being a/an _____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where have detectives found Antonio after he has been gone for years?
2. How old was Emilia when Ralph met her?
3. What is Catherine's state of mind as she waits for Ralph to get better?
4. In what year does the novel begin?
5. What is Ralph's condition when they arrive home?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)