|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The photograph sent to Ralph from his new bride shows a woman who appears to be ____________________.
(a) Stunningly beautiful.
(b) Sweetly pleasant.
(c) Quite plain.
(d) Very voluptuous.
2. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
(a) Burned him with a candle.
(b) Refused to feed him for two days.
(c) Made him stand shoeless in the snow for an hour.
(d) Stuck a needle through his hand.
3. Ralph's mother could best be described as ________________________.
(a) Religiously domineering.
(b) Insane and frantic.
(c) Docile and shy.
(d) Patient and kind.
4. Catherine answered an ad which Ralph placed in which he stated he was looking for _____________________.
(a) A business partner.
(b) A reliable wife.
(c) A mother for his children.
(d) An adventurer.
5. What did Ralph do after college?
(a) Toured Europe.
(b) Returned home.
(c) Got married.
(d) Studied law.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the novel take place?
2. What are Ralph's new plans for Catherine?
3. What does Catherine notice as she and Ralph drive toward his house?
4. How did Catherine learn how to make poison?
5. Catherine fabricates a story about her father being a/an _____________________.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)