|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 - St. Louis, Winter, 1908, Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Antonio says that the only way Ralph will mean anything to him is _____________________.
(a) Being dead.
(b) Wiring him some money.
(c) Giving him an apology.
(d) Coming to get him himself.
2. Why does Ralph decide to continue with plans to marry Catherine?
(a) He thinks she is beautiful.
(b) She intrigues him.
(c) She saved his life.
(d) He is too lonesome and desperate.
3. Catherine leaves Alice some money and _____________________.
(a) Some food.
(b) A hotel room key.
(c) Her fur coat.
(d) An address.
4. What does Catherine buy before returning to her hotel room after meeting with Antonio?
(a) A canary.
(b) A book.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) A hat.
5. What color is the small bottle that Catherine pays attention to while unpacking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the motif that is repeated throughout the story?
2. Who are the Pinkerton agents with whom Catherine meets?
3. What does Ralph expect of Catherine?
4. Ralph's mother told him that he was born ____________________.
5. What had tormented Ralph for his entire life?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)