|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 - St. Louis, Winter, 1908, Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ralph expect of Catherine?
(a) That she will go to get his son.
(b) That she will teach him how to speak Italian.
(c) That she will bear children for him.
(d) That she will leave and not return.
2. Where did Ralph go away to college?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
3. What is the motif that is repeated throughout the story?
(a) If only she had known.
(b) Such things happen.
(c) Don't think about it now.
(d) It is what it is.
4. Who are the servants at Ralph's house?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Borg.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Svenson.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Larsen.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Gleason.
5. Where did Catherine move when she no longer had Alice in her life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ralph's brother?
2. Catherine notes that there are no _________________ in Ralph's house.
3. What does Antonio tell Catherine he has lost when he stops at her table?
4. Ralph's mother told him that he was born ____________________.
5. Where does the carriage end up as Catherine tries to rein in the horses?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)