|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 - St. Louis, Winter, 1908, Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Catherine stay in bed and cry after she realizes that Alice can't be saved?
(a) Two days.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) A few days.
2. What does Mr. Larsen do to keep Ralph from falling unconscious again?
(a) He walks him.
(b) He splashes cold water on him.
(c) He yells at him.
(d) He slaps him.
3. Catherine says that she learned how to stitch wounds by __________________________.
(a) Trial and error.
(b) Going to medical school.
(c) Watching her physician father.
(d) Learning from her mother.
4. What is Catherine's plan for after she gets all of Ralph's money?
(a) Stay with him until he dies.
(b) Open a hospital.
(c) Run away with a young lover.
(d) Travel the world.
5. What did Ralph's mother do to show him how much hell can hurt?
(a) Made him stand shoeless in the snow for an hour.
(b) Refused to feed him for two days.
(c) Burned him with a candle.
(d) Stuck a needle through his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ralph's mother told him that he was born ____________________.
2. How did Catherine's father die?
3. What does Ralph's head hit when he is tossed from the carriage?
4. What name does Antonio go by in St. Louis?
5. What does Antonio say is his mother's name?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)