Part 1 - Wisconsin, Fall, 1907 - Chapters 1 and 2
1. In what state does the novel take place?
2. In what year does the novel begin?
3. What is Ralph's last name?
4. Who/What is on the train for which Ralph is waiting?
(a) A shipment of furniture.
(b) His mail order bride.
(c) His son.
(d) A shipment of boots.
5. How many years ago did Ralph lose his wife?
6. Ralph strives hard to maintain an appearance of ___________________.
7. Which of the following is NOT something that now shows on Ralph's face?
8. Ralph is obsessed with __________________.
9. The photograph sent to Ralph from his new bride shows a woman who appears to be ____________________.
(a) Very voluptuous.
(b) Quite plain.
(c) Sweetly pleasant.
(d) Stunningly beautiful.
10. Ralph's mail order bride claimed that she was looking for ____________________.
(a) A home.
11. What makes Ralph anxious as he waits for the train?
(a) The train is late.
(b) People are firing questions at him.
(c) He is feeling nauseous.
(d) There is a thunderstorm moving in.
This section contains 3,687 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)