|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bird realize when he wakes up later in Himiko's bed?
(a) He has lost his fear of the female body.
(b) He wants to divorce his wife.
(c) He needs to visit his wife.
(d) He will kill his child.
2. What does Himiko suggest to Bird to help him get over his distaste for the female body?
(a) Sex therapy.
(c) Anal intercourse.
3. Who owns the establishment in #163?
4. Bird confesses that he views the vagina and womb as __________________.
(a) a cloud.
(b) a nest.
(c) a battlefield.
(d) a cave.
5. When Bird meets with Delchef, Delchef tells him that _______________________.
(a) he wants to go to Africa with him.
(b) he has no intention of leaving his Japanese girlfriend.
(c) he needs to borrow some money.
(d) he is returning to his home country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird's mother-in-law tells Bird not to tell his wife the truth about the baby because _____________________.
2. Where did Himiko's husband die?
3. Where does Bird reunite with Himiko after leaving the maternity hospital?
4. Bird wants to stop ________________________.
5. Bird recalls that the last words of the person in #164 to Bird were about _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bird when he goes to his job at the school in Chapter 9?
2. What does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
3. What does Bird view the vagina and womb as and what does Himiko suggest that he do to get over his distaste for the female body?
4. What does Bird name the baby and how does Himiko know the name?
5. What instruction does Bird give the doctor regarding the baby's dwindling condition?
6. What reason does Bird give Himiko for taking the baby back to the hospital for the operation?
7. What role does Himiko and her comfort with her own sexuality play in helping Bird in his journey of transformation?
8. How have Himiko's feelings about Bird evolved over the last few days?
9. How is Bird's burden somehow lightened when he finally accepts responsibility for his son?
10. What is the significance of Bird's worrying about the top on the car and Himiko's swerving to miss hitting the dead sparrow on the road?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)