|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the one-eyed doctor tell Bird about Bird's wife?
(a) She is in a deep depression.
(b) She doesn't know the truth about the baby.
(c) She is hemorrhaging.
(d) She has died.
2. What concerns Bird about Himiko's car?
(a) It doesn't have a roof.
(b) The tires are bad.
(c) The battery is dead.
(d) It has a lot of exhaust.
3. Himiko tells Bird that __________________ has resumed nuclear testing.
4. Bird remains awake all night imagining that _____________________.
(a) he has money for the baby's surgery.
(b) the baby is being fed and not starved.
(c) the baby has died.
(d) his wife has taken the baby home.
5. What does Bird note about Himiko and the person in #129?
(a) They have just had sex.
(b) They have a secret joke about him.
(c) They are about to go out for the evening.
(d) They have had a bad fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Himiko suggest to Bird to help him get over his distaste for the female body?
2. Bird has plans to _____________________.
3. Delchef thinks that Bird is being ___________________ about the situation with the baby.
4. The professor thinks that Bird's __________________ no longer fits him.
5. Why does Himiko drive Bird to his apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bird's burden somehow lightened when he finally accepts responsibility for his son?
2. What is the significance of the mention of the maps of Africa?
3. What does Bird view the vagina and womb as and what does Himiko suggest that he do to get over his distaste for the female body?
4. What does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
5. What is Delchef's opinion on how Bird is handling the situation regarding the baby?
6. What is the content of the letter which Bird received at his job?
7. What are some of the negative and positive reminders that Bird receives about the possibilities for his future?
8. What temporarily squelches Bird's desire for sex with Himiko?
9. What instruction does Bird give the doctor regarding the baby's dwindling condition?
10. What reason does Bird give Himiko for taking the baby back to the hospital for the operation?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)