|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bird meets with Delchef, Delchef tells him that _______________________.
(a) he wants to go to Africa with him.
(b) he is returning to his home country.
(c) he needs to borrow some money.
(d) he has no intention of leaving his Japanese girlfriend.
2. What does the doctor tell Bird about the baby?
(a) He died in his sleep.
(b) He is nearly strong enough to have the surgery.
(c) He has had the surgery.
(d) He will take several months to die.
3. What does Himiko want to do after the baby dies?
(a) Travel to America.
(b) Move to a different house.
(c) Go to Africa with Bird.
(d) Go back to school.
4. Himiko tells Bird that __________________ has resumed nuclear testing.
5. The women in the maternity hospital think that Bird ________________________.
(a) is a very considerate husband.
(b) seems very immature.
(c) has left his baby at the other hospital to die.
(d) is not a very good provider.
Short Answer Questions
1. The professor thinks that Bird's __________________ no longer fits him.
2. That night, Bird awakens frequently from dreams in which ________________________.
3. What word does Bird want to look up in Delchef's dictionary?
4. How do Bird and the person in #164 know each other?
5. A student offers to help Bird get a job as a ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Bird's worrying about the top on the car and Himiko's swerving to miss hitting the dead sparrow on the road?
2. What is the significance of Bird scratching behind his ear after his tiny son does the same thing?
3. What do Bird and Himiko do when told that the baby is nearly strong enough for the operation?
4. What temporarily squelches Bird's desire for sex with Himiko?
5. What role does Himiko and her comfort with her own sexuality play in helping Bird in his journey of transformation?
6. How have Himiko's feelings about Bird evolved over the last few days?
7. What reason does Bird give Himiko for taking the baby back to the hospital for the operation?
8. What is the content of the letter which Bird received at his job?
9. What does Bird name the baby and how does Himiko know the name?
10. In what way has Bird essentially changed universes in his life?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)