|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Himiko suggest to Bird to help him get over his distaste for the female body?
(b) Anal intercourse.
(c) Sex therapy.
2. What does Himiko run into a store to purchase for the baby?
(c) A pacifier.
3. What does Bird realize when he wakes up later in Himiko's bed?
(a) He wants to divorce his wife.
(b) He will kill his child.
(c) He has lost his fear of the female body.
(d) He needs to visit his wife.
4. The women in the maternity hospital think that Bird ________________________.
(a) seems very immature.
(b) has left his baby at the other hospital to die.
(c) is a very considerate husband.
(d) is not a very good provider.
5. What does Bird bring with him from the apartment?
(a) Maps of Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the adventure that Bird recalls having with the person in #164?
2. What does the baby do as Bird watches?
3. How does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
4. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
5. Who owns the establishment in #163?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the name, Kikuhiko, to Bird and to the story?
2. What is the symbolism of Himiko's repeatedly getting lost on the way to the clinic?
3. What temporarily squelches Bird's desire for sex with Himiko?
4. What do Bird and Himiko do when told that the baby is nearly strong enough for the operation?
5. What does Bird view the vagina and womb as and what does Himiko suggest that he do to get over his distaste for the female body?
6. What positive encounter does Bird have with the second student from his class?
7. What is Delchef's opinion on how Bird is handling the situation regarding the baby?
8. What happens to Bird when he goes to his job at the school in Chapter 9?
9. How have Himiko's feelings about Bird evolved over the last few days?
10. What role does Himiko and her comfort with her own sexuality play in helping Bird in his journey of transformation?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)