|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After talking to the person in #164, Bird realizes that he _______________________.
(a) should have a better-paying job by now.
(b) wants to move to America.
(c) is in love with Himiko.
(d) has nothing to make his life worthy.
2. The doctor at the clinic states that the baby is developing _________________.
3. What was the adventure that Bird recalls having with the person in #164?
(a) A hike across the country.
(b) A search for a missing man.
(c) A trip to Africa.
(d) A hot air balloon ride.
4. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
(a) He does not decide to go to the meeting.
(b) It will be a good distraction from worries of the baby.
(c) There will be alcohol served there.
(d) Maybe he can get some job leads.
5. When Bird arrives at school, he learns that he has a meeting with _________________ after class.
(a) a parent.
(b) the Principal.
(c) the English Department.
(d) the Board of Education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird is going to make sure the baby has the operation for _____________ sake.
2. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
3. How does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
4. What does Bird realize when he wakes up later in Himiko's bed?
5. What does Himiko suggest to Bird regarding the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the name, Kikuhiko, to Bird and to the story?
2. How are Bird and Delchef in contrast regarding their attitudes toward responsibility?
3. What does Bird view the vagina and womb as and what does Himiko suggest that he do to get over his distaste for the female body?
4. What instruction does Bird give the doctor regarding the baby's dwindling condition?
5. How have Himiko's feelings about Bird evolved over the last few days?
6. What does Bird name the baby and how does Himiko know the name?
7. What do Bird and Himiko do when told that the baby is nearly strong enough for the operation?
8. What role does Himiko and her comfort with her own sexuality play in helping Bird in his journey of transformation?
9. Describe the motif of fear in the book and how Bird transcends it after talking with Kikuhiko.
10. Who is Kikuhiko and how is he introduced to the story?
This section contains 1,397 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)