|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bird arrives at school, he learns that he has a meeting with _________________ after class.
(a) the Board of Education.
(b) the Principal.
(c) the English Department.
(d) a parent.
2. How does Bird get to work the next day?
(a) He rides his bike.
(b) He drives Himiko's car.
(c) He takes the subway.
(d) He rides the bus.
3. As Bird goes to leave, Delchef gives him a book about ______________________.
(a) a dictionary.
(c) World War II.
4. What word does Bird want to look up in Delchef's dictionary?
5. A student offers to help Bird get a job as a ________________.
(a) tour guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the one-eyed doctor tell Bird about Bird's wife?
2. Why is Himiko prepared to help Bird with the baby?
3. What does Bird receive when he gets to work?
4. What does Himiko suggest to Bird regarding the baby?
5. What does Bird realize when he wakes up later in Himiko's bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Bird scratching behind his ear after his tiny son does the same thing?
2. What word does Delchef write in the dictionary for Bird and what is its significance?
3. What outward signs in Bird's life indicate that he has made internal transformations?
4. What does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
5. How are Bird and Delchef in contrast regarding their attitudes toward responsibility?
6. What instruction does Bird give the doctor regarding the baby's dwindling condition?
7. What positive encounter does Bird have with the second student from his class?
8. Why is Bird conflicted when Himiko's father-in-law says she and Bird should go to Africa?
9. What is the significance of Bird's worrying about the top on the car and Himiko's swerving to miss hitting the dead sparrow on the road?
10. What does Bird view the vagina and womb as and what does Himiko suggest that he do to get over his distaste for the female body?
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)