|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Himiko prepared to help Bird with the baby?
(a) She loves babies.
(b) She has strong feelings for Bird now.
(c) She thinks he will pay her.
(d) She wants to be a nurse.
2. What does Bird unexpectedly do after work?
(a) He buys a new car.
(b) He resigns.
(c) He runs away with Himiko.
(d) He buys a ticket to Africa.
3. Himiko and the person in #129 think that Bird is in denial about _________________________.
(a) his love for Himiko.
(b) his wife's mental health.
(c) his situation and how the future will be.
(d) his alcoholism.
4. What does Himiko suggest to Bird regarding the baby?
(a) Let the baby grow a little while longer to see if he gets strong enough to have surgery.
(b) They get in touch with a doctor who will end the baby's life.
(c) That Bird's wife should make the decision.
(d) Let the baby die in the hospital now.
5. What does Bird's wife recall hearing as she was giving birth?
(a) The ambulance sirens.
(b) The giggles of the doctor.
(c) The baby's cry.
(d) The radio in the delivery room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the name in #113 significant for Bird?
2. Where does Bird reunite with Himiko after leaving the maternity hospital?
3. Bird remains awake all night imagining that _____________________.
4. In Chapter 11, Himiko is visited by _______________________.
5. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)