|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bird bring with him from the apartment?
(d) Maps of Africa.
2. What does the doctor tell Bird about the baby?
(a) He died in his sleep.
(b) He has had the surgery.
(c) He will take several months to die.
(d) He is nearly strong enough to have the surgery.
3. What has Bird's wife been told about her baby?
(a) The baby has died.
(b) The baby is not hungry.
(c) The baby is in an oxygen tent.
(d) Tests are being run.
4. What is Himiko's response when Bird tells her he thinks the baby is dead?
(a) Bird was wrong to let the baby die.
(b) She is very sad for the little baby.
(c) Now Bird can get a good night's sleep.
(d) Bird and his wife can have another baby.
5. What does Bird's wife accuse him of doing?
(a) Drinking too much.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Abandoning the baby.
(d) Not loving her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bird and Himiko go after leaving the baby at the clinic?
2. Bird has plans to _____________________.
3. What is actually wrong with the baby as discovered by the physicians?
4. After talking to the person in #164, Bird realizes that he _______________________.
5. Himiko tells Bird that __________________ has resumed nuclear testing.
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Himiko's feelings about Bird evolved over the last few days?
2. What is the significance of the name, Kikuhiko, to Bird and to the story?
3. What is Delchef's opinion on how Bird is handling the situation regarding the baby?
4. What is the significance of Bird's worrying about the top on the car and Himiko's swerving to miss hitting the dead sparrow on the road?
5. What does Bird name the baby and how does Himiko know the name?
6. What does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
7. Who is Kikuhiko and how is he introduced to the story?
8. What temporarily squelches Bird's desire for sex with Himiko?
9. What positive encounter does Bird have with the second student from his class?
10. What happens to Bird when he goes to his job at the school in Chapter 9?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)