|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bird's in-laws _____________________.
(a) are pleased with the decision Bird made.
(b) paid for all the hospital bills.
(c) wish the baby had died.
(d) want to raise the baby.
2. What concerns Bird about Himiko's car?
(a) It doesn't have a roof.
(b) The tires are bad.
(c) It has a lot of exhaust.
(d) The battery is dead.
3. Himiko tells Bird that the person in #129 said the things about Bird because ______________________.
(a) she thinks he is lazy.
(b) she is jealous of him.
(c) she wanted to fight with him.
(d) she does not like him.
4. After talking to the person in #164, Bird realizes that he _______________________.
(a) wants to move to America.
(b) has nothing to make his life worthy.
(c) is in love with Himiko.
(d) should have a better-paying job by now.
5. In what country does Bird live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Himiko's husband die?
2. What does the baby do as Bird watches?
3. The next day at the hospital, Bird is assured by the baby's doctor that the "crisis" will occur __________________.
4. Bird confesses that he views the vagina and womb as __________________.
5. What does Bird receive when he gets to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instruction does Bird give the doctor regarding the baby's dwindling condition?
2. What are some of the negative and positive reminders that Bird receives about the possibilities for his future?
3. How are Bird and Delchef in contrast regarding their attitudes toward responsibility?
4. What positive encounter does Bird have with the second student from his class?
5. What is the significance of Bird's worrying about the top on the car and Himiko's swerving to miss hitting the dead sparrow on the road?
6. What is the content of the letter which Bird received at his job?
7. What does Bird's encounter with Kikuhiko point out to Bird?
8. How is Bird's burden somehow lightened when he finally accepts responsibility for his son?
9. How have Himiko's feelings about Bird evolved over the last few days?
10. What does Bird name the baby and how does Himiko know the name?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)