|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Himiko drive Bird to his apartment?
(a) So he can pick up a few things.
(b) So he can sleep.
(c) To water the plants.
(d) He needed a ride home.
2. When Bird meets with Delchef, Delchef tells him that _______________________.
(a) he has no intention of leaving his Japanese girlfriend.
(b) he wants to go to Africa with him.
(c) he is returning to his home country.
(d) he needs to borrow some money.
3. How does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
4. Bird says that he cannot think about anything but ___________________.
(b) the baby.
(c) his wife.
(d) a job.
5. The person in #145 suggests that Himiko and Bird ______________________.
(a) start a business.
(b) get married.
(c) go to Africa.
(d) adopt a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is actually wrong with the baby as discovered by the physicians?
2. What does the one-eyed doctor advise Bird to do?
3. How do Bird and the person in #164 know each other?
4. In Chapter 11, Himiko is visited by _______________________.
5. Bird remains awake all night imagining that _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What temporarily squelches Bird's desire for sex with Himiko?
2. What word does Delchef write in the dictionary for Bird and what is its significance?
3. Who is Kikuhiko and how is he introduced to the story?
4. In what way has Bird essentially changed universes in his life?
5. What is the symbolism of Himiko's repeatedly getting lost on the way to the clinic?
6. How have Himiko's feelings about Bird evolved over the last few days?
7. What instruction does Bird give the doctor regarding the baby's dwindling condition?
8. What outward signs in Bird's life indicate that he has made internal transformations?
9. What does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
10. What does Bird name the baby and how does Himiko know the name?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)