|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the one-eyed doctor tell Bird about Bird's wife?
(a) She has died.
(b) She doesn't know the truth about the baby.
(c) She is hemorrhaging.
(d) She is in a deep depression.
2. Why is Himiko prepared to help Bird with the baby?
(a) She wants to be a nurse.
(b) She loves babies.
(c) She has strong feelings for Bird now.
(d) She thinks he will pay her.
3. What was the adventure that Bird recalls having with the person in #164?
(a) A search for a missing man.
(b) A hot air balloon ride.
(c) A hike across the country.
(d) A trip to Africa.
4. Himiko says that she will go to Africa with whom?
(b) Her ex-husband.
(d) The guy who stole her tire.
5. What does the baby do as Bird watches?
(a) Scratches behind his ears.
(b) Bleeds from his nose.
(d) Cries incessantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the one-eyed doctor advise Bird to do?
2. What is Himiko's response when Bird tells her he thinks the baby is dead?
3. What does Bird receive when he gets to work?
4. The content of the letter Bird received is notifying Bird of a meeting with ______________.
5. What does Himiko suggest to Bird regarding the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the negative and positive reminders that Bird receives about the possibilities for his future?
2. What temporarily squelches Bird's desire for sex with Himiko?
3. How have Himiko's feelings about Bird evolved over the last few days?
4. What reason does Bird give Himiko for taking the baby back to the hospital for the operation?
5. What word does Delchef write in the dictionary for Bird and what is its significance?
6. How is Bird's burden somehow lightened when he finally accepts responsibility for his son?
7. What outward signs in Bird's life indicate that he has made internal transformations?
8. What is the content of the letter which Bird received at his job?
9. What does Bird view the vagina and womb as and what does Himiko suggest that he do to get over his distaste for the female body?
10. What do Bird and Himiko do when told that the baby is nearly strong enough for the operation?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)