|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Himiko is visited by _______________________.
(a) the landlord.
(b) her former lover.
(c) her ex-husband.
(d) her father-in-law.
2. Himiko tells Bird that the name given to the baby is also the name of ____________________.
(a) a gay bar.
3. When was A PERSONAL MATTER first published?
(a) Mid 1980s.
(b) Late 1990s.
(c) Early 1960s.
4. Bird recalls that the last words of the person in #164 to Bird were about _________________.
5. As Bird goes to leave, Delchef gives him a book about ______________________.
(b) a dictionary.
(d) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking to the person in #164, Bird realizes that he _______________________.
2. A student offers to help Bird get a job as a ________________.
3. What does Himiko want to do after the baby dies?
4. Where does Bird reunite with Himiko after leaving the maternity hospital?
5. What does Bird bring with him from the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Himiko's repeatedly getting lost on the way to the clinic?
2. What is the content of the letter which Bird received at his job?
3. In what way has Bird essentially changed universes in his life?
4. What does Bird's encounter with Kikuhiko point out to Bird?
5. What are some of the negative and positive reminders that Bird receives about the possibilities for his future?
6. What word does Delchef write in the dictionary for Bird and what is its significance?
7. What is the significance of Bird's worrying about the top on the car and Himiko's swerving to miss hitting the dead sparrow on the road?
8. How is Bird's burden somehow lightened when he finally accepts responsibility for his son?
9. What does Bird name the baby and how does Himiko know the name?
10. What is Delchef's opinion on how Bird is handling the situation regarding the baby?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)