|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bird need to call his mother-in-law?
(a) To ask her to dinner.
(b) To borrow her car.
(c) To check on the baby's birth.
(d) To borrow some money
2. What makes Bird happy for a few moments as he leaves the school?
(a) It is finally the weekend.
(b) The first student who tried to quiet the second student.
(c) The sun is shining brightly.
(d) He sees children playing in a park.
3. The Director of the hospital asks Bird if he would like to see ___________________.
(a) the maternity ward.
(b) the surgical suite.
(c) the goods.
(d) the blood bank.
4. Where does Bird go with the doctor to take the baby?
(a) The morgue.
(b) Another hospital.
5. What is Bird dreaming of in Chapter 2?
(a) Being chased by an angry animal.
(b) Playing catch with his son.
(d) Riding a pink unicorn.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hospital Director's behavior makes him appear to be __________________.
2. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
3. What does Bird use intense sexuality for?
4. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
5. Who is Himiko?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the people who Bird encounters when he gets to the maternity hospital?
2. What does Bird learn about the child's birth when he calls his mother-in-law?
3. At what stage is Bird in his journey of personal transformation at this point?
4. What is Bird doing at the beginning of A PERSONAL MATTER? What is going on with Bird's wife and how does Bird think his life will soon change?
5. What is important foreshadowing regarding the tests of strength and Bird's encounter with the gang?
6. Who is Delchef and how is he introduced into the story?
7. What do the giggling doctor and the one-eyed doctor symbolize in the story?
8. What is the significance of Himiko's character in the story?
9. How does the doctor exhibit insensitivity toward Bird about the baby on the way to the hospital?
10. What does Bird think about after he leaves the shop and how does he avoid learning about the birth of his child?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)