|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
2. What is the profession of the person in #54?
(c) Computer programmer.
3. What had Himiko been doing before Bird got to her apartment?
(b) Writing a letter.
(c) Contemplating the universe.
4. What games does Bird try after talking to his mother-in-law?
(a) Pac Man.
(b) A pinball game.
(c) A Grand Prix racing game.
(d) Tests of strength.
5. How does Bird feel about responsibility for his child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bird note about the hospital's Director?
2. When Bird catches a glimpse of Himiko's naked body, he ___________________________.
3. Himiko suggests that in another universe, Bird's baby will live to his __________________.
4. What is known about the person in #79?
5. What comes over Bird as he waits for the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bird notice about the women watching from the windows of the maternity hospital?
2. What does the glass-eyed doctor tell Bird they will know more about the baby's condition?
3. How does Bird learn that his child has a problem?
4. What is ironic about Bird's using sex to avoid responsibility?
5. What seems to exaggerate Bird's feelings of inadequacy at the arcade?
6. What does Bird observe when he visits his father-in-law at the university?
7. What do the giggling doctor and the one-eyed doctor symbolize in the story?
8. How is sex and sexuality a means for Bird to avoid responsibility?
9. How does the doctor exhibit insensitivity toward Bird about the baby on the way to the hospital?
10. What is significant about Bird's hangover and vomiting in class?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)