|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bird encounters a man whose baby has no ________________.
2. What does Bird do when Himiko goes to the shower?
(a) Watches television.
(b) Gets glasses for the whiskey.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Makes some phone calls.
3. What does the gang yell as they leave Bird?
(a) Bird is crazy.
(b) Bird is a pro fighter.
(c) Bird is too old.
(d) Bird is too small.
4. What is Bird contemplating in the book?
(a) Exam questions.
(b) His baby pictures.
(d) A map of Africa.
5. What does Bird tell Himiko?
(a) His baby is dead.
(b) He is going back to school.
(c) He is divorcing his wife.
(d) He is moving away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened to Himiko's husband?
2. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
3. For what does Bird ask a sales clerk?
4. Bird briefly fantasizes about _______________________.
5. What condition does the new baby have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Bird's hangover and vomiting in class?
2. How does Bird learn that his child has a problem?
3. How does Bird's thoughts about his child as a war hero show what Bird really feels about the journey ahead for the child and himself?
4. What does Bird learn about the child's birth when he calls his mother-in-law?
5. How is Bird's encounter with the gang a boost to his flailing ego?
6. What is important foreshadowing regarding the tests of strength and Bird's encounter with the gang?
7. What does Bird think about after he leaves the shop and how does he avoid learning about the birth of his child?
8. How is sex and sexuality a means for Bird to avoid responsibility?
9. What does Bird observe when he visits his father-in-law at the university?
10. Who is Delchef and how is he introduced into the story?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)