|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bird work?
2. The doctor thinks the baby and the parents __________________________.
(a) would be better off if the baby were dead.
(b) need a lot of emotional support.
(c) look a lot alike.
(d) will come through this trial just fine.
3. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
4. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
5. From what is Bird suffering this morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Bird convinced as he walks through the hospital?
2. What is the dark continent?
3. Bird thinks the people in #38 look like ________________.
4. Who is looking for a fight with Bird?
5. What does Bird do as he waits for a cab?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bird notice about the women watching from the windows of the maternity hospital?
2. What does Bird's father-in-law give to Bird during the visit and why is this an unlikely offering given Bird's troubles with addiction?
3. Describe the nature of Bird's brief encounter with the transvestite on the street.
4. What is significant about Bird's hangover and vomiting in class?
5. How is sex and sexuality a means for Bird to avoid responsibility?
6. What seems to exaggerate Bird's feelings of inadequacy at the arcade?
7. What is ironic about Bird's using sex to avoid responsibility?
8. What is the significance of the students in Bird's class and what do they represent after his in-class vomiting incident?
9. What is the significance of the two men who come to Himiko's home?
10. What is Bird's state of mind at the beginning of the book and what does the first chapter signify for his life?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)