|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bird get to the hospital?
2. What does Bird think about as he is on his way to visit the person in #54?
(a) The nature of his baby's life.
(b) Getting a new job.
(c) Sending flowers to his wife.
(d) Running away to Africa.
3. What does Bird do to send the gang's fighter to the ground?
(a) Flips him on his back.
(b) Hits his head with a rock.
(c) Head butts him in the belly.
(d) Grabs his legs.
4. When will the baby's condition be better known?
(b) After the brain surgeon examines him.
(c) When the baby is six months old.
(d) If exploratory surgery can be done.
5. What makes Bird happy for a few moments as he leaves the school?
(a) He sees children playing in a park.
(b) It is finally the weekend.
(c) The sun is shining brightly.
(d) The first student who tried to quiet the second student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What awakens Himiko from his sleep?
2. What awakens Bird from his sleep?
3. What games does Bird try after talking to his mother-in-law?
4. Bird compares the baby's situation to ______________________.
5. Who is looking for a fight with Bird?
Short Essay Questions
1. Waking up sick with a hangover, what does Bird think might serve as partial restitution for the baby's dire situation?
2. What is ironic about Bird's using sex to avoid responsibility?
3. Describe the altercation Bird has with a student in his class after Bird vomits.
4. Describe the nature of Bird's brief encounter with the transvestite on the street.
5. What is important foreshadowing regarding the tests of strength and Bird's encounter with the gang?
6. What is the significance of the students in Bird's class and what do they represent after his in-class vomiting incident?
7. What advice does Bird's mother-in-law give him regarding visiting his wife?
8. Who is Delchef and how is he introduced into the story?
9. What is unusual about the doctor who speaks to Bird about the baby?
10. What is the significance of Himiko's character in the story?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)