|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what is foreshadowed in Chapter 2?
(a) The mother-in-law's face.
(b) The "angel" women.
(c) The doctor's giggling.
(d) The video arcade.
2. What does Bird do when he realizes that Himiko has gone?
(a) Goes back to sleep.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Goes home.
(d) Goes back to the hospital.
3. What does Bird note about the hospital's Director?
(a) He is sullen.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He giggles.
(d) He stutters.
4. What kind of book is Bird looking at as the novel begins?
(a) Photo album.
(c) Text book.
5. What does Bird learn about his son when he sees him in the hospital?
(a) He is ready to go home.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is doing well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the angry student realize about Bird?
2. What awakens Bird from his sleep?
3. Which of the following does Bird NOT think about on this day?
4. When Bird catches a glimpse of Himiko's naked body, he ___________________________.
5. What had Himiko been doing before Bird got to her apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways could the women at the maternity hospital be symbolized as angels?
2. How does Bird learn that his child has a problem?
3. Who are the people who Bird encounters when he gets to the maternity hospital?
4. Describe the nature of Bird's brief encounter with the transvestite on the street.
5. Waking up sick with a hangover, what does Bird think might serve as partial restitution for the baby's dire situation?
6. What advice does Bird's mother-in-law give him regarding visiting his wife?
7. How does the doctor exhibit insensitivity toward Bird about the baby on the way to the hospital?
8. What is ironic about Bird's using sex to avoid responsibility?
9. What does Bird learn about the child's birth when he calls his mother-in-law?
10. What is important foreshadowing regarding the tests of strength and Bird's encounter with the gang?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)