|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bird feel about responsibility for his child?
2. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
3. What does Bird note about Himiko's apartment?
(a) It smells like bread.
(b) It has new drapes.
(c) It is freshly painted.
(d) It is dark.
4. What is Bird told about the new baby?
(a) The baby is very healthy.
(b) The baby has a deformed heart.
(c) The baby is abnormal.
(d) The baby is premature.
5. What had happened to Himiko's husband?
(a) He died of cancer.
(b) He committed suicide.
(c) He was killed in a war.
(d) He left her for another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Bird call his mother-in-law?
2. Who is Bird's fellow colleague who is a foreigner?
3. What games does Bird try after talking to his mother-in-law?
4. What does Bird notice about one of the doctors?
5. What does the gang yell as they leave Bird?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the people who Bird encounters when he gets to the maternity hospital?
2. What does Bird notice about the women watching from the windows of the maternity hospital?
3. How is Bird's encounter with the gang a boost to his flailing ego?
4. What does Bird's father-in-law give to Bird during the visit and why is this an unlikely offering given Bird's troubles with addiction?
5. What is the significance of the students in Bird's class and what do they represent after his in-class vomiting incident?
6. In what ways could the women at the maternity hospital be symbolized as angels?
7. Waking up sick with a hangover, what does Bird think might serve as partial restitution for the baby's dire situation?
8. What does Bird observe when he visits his father-in-law at the university?
9. What is ironic about Bird's using sex to avoid responsibility?
10. What does Bird think about after he leaves the shop and how does he avoid learning about the birth of his child?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)