|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does the new baby have?
(a) Brain hernia.
(b) Undeveloped heart.
(c) Spina Bifida.
2. Himiko can best be described as __________________.
3. Which of the following does Bird NOT think about on this day?
(a) His birdlike nature.
(b) Buying a new car.
(c) Changes due to new baby.
(d) His youth.
4. What does Bird do as he waits for a cab?
(a) Counts his money.
(b) Spits out a broken tooth.
(c) Checks his e-mail.
(d) Calls the hospital.
5. Himiko suggests that in another universe, Bird's baby will live to his __________________.
(a) first birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bird work?
2. Where does Bird go with the doctor to take the baby?
3. Who does Bird encounter when he leaves the shop?
4. Who does Bird call from the hospital?
5. Bird hints to the doctor that ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the students in Bird's class and what do they represent after his in-class vomiting incident?
2. At what stage is Bird in his journey of personal transformation at this point?
3. What is Bird doing at the beginning of A PERSONAL MATTER? What is going on with Bird's wife and how does Bird think his life will soon change?
4. How does the doctor exhibit insensitivity toward Bird about the baby on the way to the hospital?
5. What is ironic about Bird's using sex to avoid responsibility?
6. What is important foreshadowing regarding the tests of strength and Bird's encounter with the gang?
7. Describe the altercation Bird has with a student in his class after Bird vomits.
8. Who is Delchef and how is he introduced into the story?
9. What is unusual about the doctor who speaks to Bird about the baby?
10. What does Bird notice about the women watching from the windows of the maternity hospital?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)