|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
(a) Maybe he can get some job leads.
(b) He does not decide to go to the meeting.
(c) There will be alcohol served there.
(d) It will be a good distraction from worries of the baby.
2. What was the adventure that Bird recalls having with the person in #164?
(a) A search for a missing man.
(b) A hot air balloon ride.
(c) A trip to Africa.
(d) A hike across the country.
3. Who owns the establishment in #163?
4. What does Bird note about Himiko and the person in #129?
(a) They have had a bad fight.
(b) They are about to go out for the evening.
(c) They have just had sex.
(d) They have a secret joke about him.
5. Why does Himiko drive Bird to his apartment?
(a) He needed a ride home.
(b) So he can sleep.
(c) So he can pick up a few things.
(d) To water the plants.
6. Who is visiting with Himiko when Bird arrives?
(a) A college friend.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
7. What is Himiko's response when Bird tells her he thinks the baby is dead?
(a) Bird and his wife can have another baby.
(b) Now Bird can get a good night's sleep.
(c) She is very sad for the little baby.
(d) Bird was wrong to let the baby die.
8. The content of the letter Bird received is notifying Bird of a meeting with ______________.
(a) the School Board.
(b) the Principal.
(d) the Disciplinary Committee.
9. What does Bird's wife accuse him of doing?
(a) Not loving her.
(b) Having an affair.
(c) Abandoning the baby.
(d) Drinking too much.
10. The doctor at the clinic states that the baby is developing _________________.
11. What does the doctor tell Bird about the baby?
(a) He died in his sleep.
(b) He will take several months to die.
(c) He has had the surgery.
(d) He is nearly strong enough to have the surgery.
12. When was A PERSONAL MATTER first published?
(a) Early 1960s.
(b) Late 1990s.
(c) Mid 1980s.
13. What does Himiko suggest to Bird to help him get over his distaste for the female body?
(b) Anal intercourse.
(d) Sex therapy.
14. Bird is going to make sure the baby has the operation for _____________ sake.
(a) the baby's.
(b) the doctor's.
(c) his wife's.
15. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
(a) Watching a mugging from the window.
(c) Reading a novel.
(d) Watching television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name had Bird's wife been thinking of giving to the baby?
2. Bird's in-laws _____________________.
3. Bird has plans to _____________________.
4. What is the nature of the phone call that Bird answers?
5. What does the one-eyed doctor tell Bird about Bird's wife?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)