|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the name in #113 significant for Bird?
(a) It was the name of a troubled friend he abandoned.
(b) It was his father's name.
(c) It is his middle name.
(d) It is the name of Bird's home village.
2. Delchef thinks that Bird is being ___________________ about the situation with the baby.
3. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
(a) The power goes out.
(b) A fire breaks out in the kitchen.
(c) Someone steals a tire from her car.
(d) Someone throws a rock through a window.
4. What does Bird tell the doctor he wants to do with the baby?
(a) Let the baby die.
(b) Let him get a little stronger before deciding.
(c) Have the surgery.
(d) Take the baby home.
5. That night, Bird awakens frequently from dreams in which ________________________.
(a) he cannot get off an escalator.
(b) the baby is as big as a skyscraper.
(c) he is being chases by a unicorn.
(d) he imagines the phone ringing.
6. Bird is going to make sure the baby has the operation for _____________ sake.
(a) the baby's.
(b) his wife's.
(d) the doctor's.
7. What does Himiko suggest to Bird regarding the baby?
(a) That Bird's wife should make the decision.
(b) They get in touch with a doctor who will end the baby's life.
(c) Let the baby grow a little while longer to see if he gets strong enough to have surgery.
(d) Let the baby die in the hospital now.
8. What name does Bird give the baby at the hospital?
9. Himiko tells Bird that the person in #129 said the things about Bird because ______________________.
(a) she is jealous of him.
(b) she thinks he is lazy.
(c) she wanted to fight with him.
(d) she does not like him.
10. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
(a) Watching television.
(c) Reading a novel.
(d) Watching a mugging from the window.
11. Why is Himiko stopped by a police officer?
(a) One of her tires is almost flat.
(b) One of her headlights is out.
(c) Her tail lights aren't working.
(d) She was speeding.
12. When Bird arrives at school, he learns that he has a meeting with _________________ after class.
(a) a parent.
(b) the Principal.
(c) the Board of Education.
(d) the English Department.
13. Where does Himiko drive Bird after leaving his apartment?
(a) A bistro.
(b) The airport.
(c) A library.
(d) The hospital.
14. The person in #145 suggests that Himiko and Bird ______________________.
(a) adopt a child.
(b) start a business.
(c) get married.
(d) go to Africa.
15. What is actually wrong with the baby as discovered by the physicians?
(a) He was blind.
(b) He had a benign tumor.
(c) He had no hearing.
(d) He had a cleft palate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the baby start to cry uncontrollably in the car?
2. In Chapter 11, Himiko is visited by _______________________.
3. Himiko says that she will go to Africa with whom?
4. What does Bird receive when he gets to work?
5. What does the doctor tell Bird about the baby?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)