|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bird meets with Delchef, Delchef tells him that _______________________.
(a) he wants to go to Africa with him.
(b) he needs to borrow some money.
(c) he has no intention of leaving his Japanese girlfriend.
(d) he is returning to his home country.
2. Where did Himiko's husband die?
(a) On a beach.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) In an attic.
(d) In the room where she and Bird sleep.
3. Where do Bird and Himiko go after leaving the baby at the clinic?
(a) A bistro.
(b) A video arcade.
(c) A gay bar.
(d) A movie theater.
4. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
(a) Maybe he can get some job leads.
(b) It will be a good distraction from worries of the baby.
(c) He does not decide to go to the meeting.
(d) There will be alcohol served there.
5. What does Bird's wife recall hearing as she was giving birth?
(a) The baby's cry.
(b) The giggles of the doctor.
(c) The ambulance sirens.
(d) The radio in the delivery room.
6. What concerns Bird about Himiko's car?
(a) It doesn't have a roof.
(b) The tires are bad.
(c) The battery is dead.
(d) It has a lot of exhaust.
7. Bird wants to stop ________________________.
(a) losing jobs.
(b) being a man who's always running away.
(d) drinking too much.
8. Delchef thinks that Bird is being ___________________ about the situation with the baby.
9. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
(a) Someone steals a tire from her car.
(b) A fire breaks out in the kitchen.
(c) The power goes out.
(d) Someone throws a rock through a window.
10. What does the one-eyed doctor tell Bird about Bird's wife?
(a) She is in a deep depression.
(b) She doesn't know the truth about the baby.
(c) She has died.
(d) She is hemorrhaging.
11. Himiko tells Bird that the name given to the baby is also the name of ____________________.
(a) a gay bar.
12. Bird recalls that the last words of the person in #164 to Bird were about _________________.
13. When Bird arrives at school, he learns that he has a meeting with _________________ after class.
(a) the English Department.
(b) a parent.
(c) the Principal.
(d) the Board of Education.
14. The person in #145 suggests that Himiko and Bird ______________________.
(a) adopt a child.
(b) get married.
(c) go to Africa.
(d) start a business.
15. What is Himiko's response when Bird tells her he thinks the baby is dead?
(a) Now Bird can get a good night's sleep.
(b) Bird and his wife can have another baby.
(c) She is very sad for the little baby.
(d) Bird was wrong to let the baby die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bird's wife accuse him of doing?
2. How does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Bird's wife when he sees her?
4. Where does Bird reunite with Himiko after leaving the maternity hospital?
5. What does Bird unexpectedly do after work?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)