|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bird has plans to _____________________.
(a) become a tourist guide.
(b) get his Master's degree.
(c) divorce his wife.
(d) visit America.
2. Where do Bird and Himiko go after leaving the baby at the clinic?
(a) A bistro.
(b) A video arcade.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A gay bar.
3. What does Bird's wife recall hearing as she was giving birth?
(a) The radio in the delivery room.
(b) The baby's cry.
(c) The ambulance sirens.
(d) The giggles of the doctor.
4. When was A PERSONAL MATTER first published?
(a) Early 1960s.
(c) Late 1990s.
(d) Mid 1980s.
5. Bird recalls that the last words of the person in #164 to Bird were about _________________.
6. What word does Bird want to look up in Delchef's dictionary?
7. When Bird meets with Delchef, Delchef tells him that _______________________.
(a) he has no intention of leaving his Japanese girlfriend.
(b) he wants to go to Africa with him.
(c) he is returning to his home country.
(d) he needs to borrow some money.
8. Which of the following is NOT one of Bird's African treasures he has at Himiko's apartment?
9. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Reading a novel.
(d) Watching a mugging from the window.
10. Himiko tells Bird that the name given to the baby is also the name of ____________________.
(b) a gay bar.
11. What does Bird unexpectedly do after work?
(a) He resigns.
(b) He runs away with Himiko.
(c) He buys a ticket to Africa.
(d) He buys a new car.
12. What word does Delchef write in the book in #141?
13. What does the baby do as Bird watches?
(a) Scratches behind his ears.
(b) Cries incessantly.
(c) Bleeds from his nose.
14. What does the one-eyed doctor advise Bird to do?
(a) Take his wife home.
(b) Continue lying to his wife.
(c) Take his wife on a vacation.
(d) Put his wife in a psychological hospital.
15. Delchef thinks that Bird is being ___________________ about the situation with the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person in #145 suggests that Himiko and Bird ______________________.
2. Who is visiting with Himiko when Bird arrives?
3. Why does the pediatrician shout at Bird?
4. In what country does Bird live?
5. Himiko reminds Bird of _________________________.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)