|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Bird goes to leave, Delchef gives him a book about ______________________.
(a) a dictionary.
(c) World War II.
2. When was A PERSONAL MATTER first published?
(a) Early 1960s.
(c) Mid 1980s.
(d) Late 1990s.
3. How does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
4. The doctor at the clinic states that the baby is developing _________________.
5. Bird is going to make sure the baby has the operation for _____________ sake.
(a) the doctor's.
(c) the baby's.
(d) his wife's.
6. After talking to the person in #164, Bird realizes that he _______________________.
(a) is in love with Himiko.
(b) should have a better-paying job by now.
(c) has nothing to make his life worthy.
(d) wants to move to America.
7. What is actually wrong with the baby as discovered by the physicians?
(a) He had a cleft palate.
(b) He had a benign tumor.
(c) He had no hearing.
(d) He was blind.
8. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Watching a mugging from the window.
(c) Reading a novel.
9. What does Himiko suggest to Bird to help him get over his distaste for the female body?
(a) Anal intercourse.
(c) Sex therapy.
10. Bird says that he cannot think about anything but ___________________.
(a) the baby.
(b) his wife.
(c) a job.
11. What concerns Bird about Himiko's car?
(a) It has a lot of exhaust.
(b) The tires are bad.
(c) The battery is dead.
(d) It doesn't have a roof.
12. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
(a) Someone throws a rock through a window.
(b) The power goes out.
(c) A fire breaks out in the kitchen.
(d) Someone steals a tire from her car.
13. What is the nature of the phone call that Bird answers?
(a) His mother-in-law tells him the baby is dead.
(b) It is a wrong number.
(c) His wife wants him to come home.
(d) He is to go to the hospital to see the surgeon.
14. Himiko and the person in #129 think that Bird is in denial about _________________________.
(a) his wife's mental health.
(b) his alcoholism.
(c) his situation and how the future will be.
(d) his love for Himiko.
15. Why is the name in #113 significant for Bird?
(a) It is the name of Bird's home village.
(b) It was the name of a troubled friend he abandoned.
(c) It was his father's name.
(d) It is his middle name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird wants to stop ________________________.
2. Where does Bird reunite with Himiko after leaving the maternity hospital?
3. Why does the pediatrician shout at Bird?
4. Himiko tells Bird that the person in #129 said the things about Bird because ______________________.
5. Bird's mother-in-law tells Bird not to tell his wife the truth about the baby because _____________________.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)