|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
(a) He does not decide to go to the meeting.
(b) It will be a good distraction from worries of the baby.
(c) Maybe he can get some job leads.
(d) There will be alcohol served there.
2. What does Himiko suggest to Bird regarding the baby?
(a) They get in touch with a doctor who will end the baby's life.
(b) Let the baby grow a little while longer to see if he gets strong enough to have surgery.
(c) Let the baby die in the hospital now.
(d) That Bird's wife should make the decision.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Bird's African treasures he has at Himiko's apartment?
4. How does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
5. What can Bird not see when he looks into his son's eyes?
(a) Any recognition.
(c) His reflection.
6. Himiko tells Bird that __________________ has resumed nuclear testing.
7. What concerns Bird about Himiko's car?
(a) It doesn't have a roof.
(b) The tires are bad.
(c) The battery is dead.
(d) It has a lot of exhaust.
8. In what country does Bird live?
9. Bird has plans to _____________________.
(a) divorce his wife.
(b) get his Master's degree.
(c) become a tourist guide.
(d) visit America.
10. What has Bird's wife been told about her baby?
(a) Tests are being run.
(b) The baby is in an oxygen tent.
(c) The baby is not hungry.
(d) The baby has died.
11. What does Bird's wife accuse him of doing?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Drinking too much.
(c) Abandoning the baby.
(d) Not loving her.
12. Himiko tells Bird that the person in #129 said the things about Bird because ______________________.
(a) she wanted to fight with him.
(b) she does not like him.
(c) she thinks he is lazy.
(d) she is jealous of him.
13. What does Bird realize when he wakes up later in Himiko's bed?
(a) He wants to divorce his wife.
(b) He will kill his child.
(c) He has lost his fear of the female body.
(d) He needs to visit his wife.
14. As Bird goes to leave, Delchef gives him a book about ______________________.
(a) World War II.
(b) a dictionary.
15. Himiko reminds Bird of _________________________.
(a) his rent payment.
(b) the restaurant check.
(c) his wedding anniversary.
(d) the probable fate of the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Himiko stopped by a police officer?
2. Why does Himiko drive Bird to his apartment?
3. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
4. What does the one-eyed doctor tell Bird about Bird's wife?
5. What does Bird bring with him from the apartment?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)