|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bird recalls that the last words of the person in #164 to Bird were about _________________.
2. Himiko tells Bird that __________________ has resumed nuclear testing.
3. What name does Bird give the baby at the hospital?
4. Bird has plans to _____________________.
(a) divorce his wife.
(b) get his Master's degree.
(c) visit America.
(d) become a tourist guide.
5. What was the adventure that Bird recalls having with the person in #164?
(a) A search for a missing man.
(b) A trip to Africa.
(c) A hot air balloon ride.
(d) A hike across the country.
6. How does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
7. What is the nature of the phone call that Bird answers?
(a) He is to go to the hospital to see the surgeon.
(b) His wife wants him to come home.
(c) It is a wrong number.
(d) His mother-in-law tells him the baby is dead.
8. What concerns Bird about Himiko's car?
(a) The tires are bad.
(b) It doesn't have a roof.
(c) The battery is dead.
(d) It has a lot of exhaust.
9. The women in the maternity hospital think that Bird ________________________.
(a) is not a very good provider.
(b) seems very immature.
(c) has left his baby at the other hospital to die.
(d) is a very considerate husband.
10. What can Bird not see when he looks into his son's eyes?
(b) Any recognition.
(c) His reflection.
11. What does the doctor tell Bird about the baby?
(a) He will take several months to die.
(b) He is nearly strong enough to have the surgery.
(c) He died in his sleep.
(d) He has had the surgery.
12. What does Himiko run into a store to purchase for the baby?
(b) A pacifier.
13. What does Himiko suggest to Bird regarding the baby?
(a) That Bird's wife should make the decision.
(b) They get in touch with a doctor who will end the baby's life.
(c) Let the baby grow a little while longer to see if he gets strong enough to have surgery.
(d) Let the baby die in the hospital now.
14. When was A PERSONAL MATTER first published?
(a) Late 1990s.
(b) Mid 1980s.
(c) Early 1960s.
15. The next day at the hospital, Bird is assured by the baby's doctor that the "crisis" will occur __________________.
(a) any moment now.
(b) that day or the next.
(c) in about a month.
(d) in a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
2. Bird is going to make sure the baby has the operation for _____________ sake.
3. What does the one-eyed doctor tell Bird about Bird's wife?
4. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
5. When Bird meets with Delchef, Delchef tells him that _______________________.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)