|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Bird and the person in #164 know each other?
(a) They were in the same fraternity.
(b) They used to be friends.
(c) They were college roommates.
(d) He was a student of Bird's.
2. The person in #145 suggests that Himiko and Bird ______________________.
(a) adopt a child.
(b) get married.
(c) go to Africa.
(d) start a business.
3. Where does Bird reunite with Himiko after leaving the maternity hospital?
(a) A cafe.
(b) Her apartment.
(c) A club.
(d) Her car.
4. Bird confesses that he views the vagina and womb as __________________.
(a) a nest.
(b) a cloud.
(c) a battlefield.
(d) a cave.
5. What name had Bird's wife been thinking of giving to the baby?
6. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
(a) Maybe he can get some job leads.
(b) He does not decide to go to the meeting.
(c) There will be alcohol served there.
(d) It will be a good distraction from worries of the baby.
7. Delchef thinks that Bird is being ___________________ about the situation with the baby.
8. When Bird meets with Delchef, Delchef tells him that _______________________.
(a) he has no intention of leaving his Japanese girlfriend.
(b) he is returning to his home country.
(c) he wants to go to Africa with him.
(d) he needs to borrow some money.
9. Why is Himiko prepared to help Bird with the baby?
(a) She wants to be a nurse.
(b) She thinks he will pay her.
(c) She loves babies.
(d) She has strong feelings for Bird now.
10. Why does the pediatrician shout at Bird?
(a) Bird is lying to his wife about the baby.
(b) Bird did not come back when he said he would.
(c) Bird needs to leave the area.
(d) Bird wants to speed the baby's death.
11. Himiko tells Bird that he must define and isolate ____________________ in order to conquer them.
(a) his feelings for her.
(b) his feelings of fear.
(c) his feelings of hatred.
(d) his feelings of anxiety.
12. As Bird goes to leave, Delchef gives him a book about ______________________.
(b) a dictionary.
(c) World War II.
13. Himiko tells Bird that __________________ has resumed nuclear testing.
14. The women in the maternity hospital think that Bird ________________________.
(a) is not a very good provider.
(b) is a very considerate husband.
(c) seems very immature.
(d) has left his baby at the other hospital to die.
15. What does Bird bring with him from the apartment?
(c) Maps of Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Delchef write in the book in #141?
2. Why is the name in #113 significant for Bird?
3. What does Bird's wife accuse him of doing?
4. When Bird arrives at school, he learns that he has a meeting with _________________ after class.
5. Why does Himiko drive Bird to his apartment?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)