|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bird confesses that he views the vagina and womb as __________________.
(a) a cave.
(b) a battlefield.
(c) a nest.
(d) a cloud.
2. Bird's mother-in-law tells Bird not to tell his wife the truth about the baby because _____________________.
(a) she will lose her will to live.
(b) she will not want to have any more children.
(c) she will release herself before she is ready.
(d) she will kill herself.
3. Bird's in-laws _____________________.
(a) wish the baby had died.
(b) paid for all the hospital bills.
(c) want to raise the baby.
(d) are pleased with the decision Bird made.
4. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Watching a mugging from the window.
(c) Reading a novel.
5. What does Bird realize when he wakes up later in Himiko's bed?
(a) He has lost his fear of the female body.
(b) He will kill his child.
(c) He wants to divorce his wife.
(d) He needs to visit his wife.
6. The content of the letter Bird received is notifying Bird of a meeting with ______________.
(b) the Principal.
(c) the School Board.
(d) the Disciplinary Committee.
7. What word does Bird want to look up in Delchef's dictionary?
8. What does Bird note about Himiko and the person in #129?
(a) They are about to go out for the evening.
(b) They have just had sex.
(c) They have had a bad fight.
(d) They have a secret joke about him.
9. What name does Bird give the baby at the hospital?
10. What does Himiko want to do after the baby dies?
(a) Move to a different house.
(b) Go back to school.
(c) Go to Africa with Bird.
(d) Travel to America.
11. Where did Himiko's husband die?
(a) On a beach.
(b) In an attic.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) In the room where she and Bird sleep.
12. Which of the following does Bird NOT say to Himiko?
(a) He is going to take the baby back to the hospital.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He has changed his mind about the baby.
(d) He wants the baby to have the operation.
13. After talking to the person in #164, Bird realizes that he _______________________.
(a) has nothing to make his life worthy.
(b) is in love with Himiko.
(c) wants to move to America.
(d) should have a better-paying job by now.
14. How does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
15. Himiko and the person in #129 think that Bird is in denial about _________________________.
(a) his wife's mental health.
(b) his situation and how the future will be.
(c) his love for Himiko.
(d) his alcoholism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the baby start to cry uncontrollably in the car?
2. What name had Bird's wife been thinking of giving to the baby?
3. In what country does Bird live?
4. When was A PERSONAL MATTER first published?
5. Why does the pediatrician shout at Bird?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)