|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Himiko suggest to Bird regarding the baby?
(a) Let the baby die in the hospital now.
(b) Let the baby grow a little while longer to see if he gets strong enough to have surgery.
(c) They get in touch with a doctor who will end the baby's life.
(d) That Bird's wife should make the decision.
2. What name does Bird give the baby at the hospital?
3. Bird wants to stop ________________________.
(a) drinking too much.
(b) losing jobs.
(d) being a man who's always running away.
4. That night, Bird awakens frequently from dreams in which ________________________.
(a) he imagines the phone ringing.
(b) he cannot get off an escalator.
(c) the baby is as big as a skyscraper.
(d) he is being chases by a unicorn.
5. What makes the baby start to cry uncontrollably in the car?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) The radio is too loud.
(c) Bird swerves to miss a dead sparrow.
(d) A car backfires.
6. Which of the following does NOT describe Bird's wife when he sees her?
(c) In pain.
7. Delchef thinks that Bird is being ___________________ about the situation with the baby.
8. What does the one-eyed doctor tell Bird about Bird's wife?
(a) She has died.
(b) She is in a deep depression.
(c) She is hemorrhaging.
(d) She doesn't know the truth about the baby.
9. How does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
10. Who owns the establishment in #163?
11. Himiko tells Bird that the person in #129 said the things about Bird because ______________________.
(a) she does not like him.
(b) she wanted to fight with him.
(c) she is jealous of him.
(d) she thinks he is lazy.
12. Why does the pediatrician shout at Bird?
(a) Bird did not come back when he said he would.
(b) Bird needs to leave the area.
(c) Bird is lying to his wife about the baby.
(d) Bird wants to speed the baby's death.
13. What was the adventure that Bird recalls having with the person in #164?
(a) A hot air balloon ride.
(b) A hike across the country.
(c) A search for a missing man.
(d) A trip to Africa.
14. Why is Himiko prepared to help Bird with the baby?
(a) She wants to be a nurse.
(b) She loves babies.
(c) She has strong feelings for Bird now.
(d) She thinks he will pay her.
15. Bird is going to make sure the baby has the operation for _____________ sake.
(b) the baby's.
(c) his wife's.
(d) the doctor's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird has plans to _____________________.
2. What does Himiko run into a store to purchase for the baby?
3. Bird recalls that the last words of the person in #164 to Bird were about _________________.
4. What does the baby do as Bird watches?
5. What is Himiko's response when Bird tells her he thinks the baby is dead?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)