|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the one-eyed doctor tell Bird about Bird's wife?
(a) She is in a deep depression.
(b) She has died.
(c) She doesn't know the truth about the baby.
(d) She is hemorrhaging.
2. Himiko says that she will go to Africa with whom?
(b) Her ex-husband.
(d) The guy who stole her tire.
3. Which of the following does Bird NOT say to Himiko?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He wants the baby to have the operation.
(c) He has changed his mind about the baby.
(d) He is going to take the baby back to the hospital.
4. Himiko tells Bird that __________________ has resumed nuclear testing.
5. The content of the letter Bird received is notifying Bird of a meeting with ______________.
(a) the Disciplinary Committee.
(b) the School Board.
(c) the Principal.
6. The doctor at the clinic states that the baby is developing _________________.
7. Who owns the establishment in #163?
8. What does Bird's wife accuse him of doing?
(a) Having an affair.
(b) Abandoning the baby.
(c) Not loving her.
(d) Drinking too much.
9. Why is Himiko stopped by a police officer?
(a) One of her headlights is out.
(b) Her tail lights aren't working.
(c) She was speeding.
(d) One of her tires is almost flat.
10. What do Bird and Himiko do after Bird awakens?
(a) Smoke cigarettes.
(b) Eat breakfast.
(c) Watch television.
(d) Have sexual intercourse.
11. The person in #145 suggests that Himiko and Bird ______________________.
(a) go to Africa.
(b) get married.
(c) start a business.
(d) adopt a child.
12. Bird's in-laws _____________________.
(a) wish the baby had died.
(b) want to raise the baby.
(c) are pleased with the decision Bird made.
(d) paid for all the hospital bills.
13. Bird recalls that the last words of the person in #164 to Bird were about _________________.
14. What does the one-eyed doctor advise Bird to do?
(a) Put his wife in a psychological hospital.
(b) Take his wife on a vacation.
(c) Take his wife home.
(d) Continue lying to his wife.
15. What does the doctor tell Bird about the baby?
(a) He is nearly strong enough to have the surgery.
(b) He will take several months to die.
(c) He died in his sleep.
(d) He has had the surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
2. What concerns Bird about Himiko's car?
3. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
4. In Chapter 11, Himiko is visited by _______________________.
5. Delchef argues with Bird about ________________________.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)