|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
2. Why is the name in #113 significant for Bird?
(a) It was the name of a troubled friend he abandoned.
(b) It is the name of Bird's home village.
(c) It was his father's name.
(d) It is his middle name.
3. What does Himiko suggest to Bird regarding the baby?
(a) Let the baby die in the hospital now.
(b) Let the baby grow a little while longer to see if he gets strong enough to have surgery.
(c) That Bird's wife should make the decision.
(d) They get in touch with a doctor who will end the baby's life.
4. What does Bird bring with him from the apartment?
(b) Maps of Africa.
5. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
(a) He does not decide to go to the meeting.
(b) There will be alcohol served there.
(c) Maybe he can get some job leads.
(d) It will be a good distraction from worries of the baby.
6. Himiko says that she will go to Africa with whom?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(d) The guy who stole her tire.
7. What can Bird not see when he looks into his son's eyes?
(b) Any recognition.
(c) His reflection.
8. Where does Bird reunite with Himiko after leaving the maternity hospital?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A club.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Her car.
9. What does Himiko suggest to Bird to help him get over his distaste for the female body?
(a) Sex therapy.
(d) Anal intercourse.
10. Which of the following is NOT one of Bird's African treasures he has at Himiko's apartment?
11. What does Bird receive when he gets to work?
(a) New books.
(b) A sealed letter.
(c) A computer.
(d) An award.
12. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
(a) Someone throws a rock through a window.
(b) The power goes out.
(c) A fire breaks out in the kitchen.
(d) Someone steals a tire from her car.
13. What does the one-eyed doctor advise Bird to do?
(a) Put his wife in a psychological hospital.
(b) Continue lying to his wife.
(c) Take his wife on a vacation.
(d) Take his wife home.
14. The next day at the hospital, Bird is assured by the baby's doctor that the "crisis" will occur __________________.
(a) in about a month.
(b) in a week.
(c) any moment now.
(d) that day or the next.
15. Delchef argues with Bird about ________________________.
(b) his girlfriend.
(d) taking care of the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Himiko tells Bird that he must define and isolate ____________________ in order to conquer them.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Bird's wife when he sees her?
3. What does the baby do as Bird watches?
4. What has Bird's wife been told about her baby?
5. What does Bird unexpectedly do after work?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)