|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Bird give the baby at the hospital?
2. Bird recalls that the last words of the person in #164 to Bird were about _________________.
3. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
(a) There will be alcohol served there.
(b) He does not decide to go to the meeting.
(c) Maybe he can get some job leads.
(d) It will be a good distraction from worries of the baby.
4. Why does the pediatrician shout at Bird?
(a) Bird wants to speed the baby's death.
(b) Bird is lying to his wife about the baby.
(c) Bird needs to leave the area.
(d) Bird did not come back when he said he would.
5. How do Bird and the person in #164 know each other?
(a) They were in the same fraternity.
(b) They were college roommates.
(c) He was a student of Bird's.
(d) They used to be friends.
6. The professor thinks that Bird's __________________ no longer fits him.
7. What does Bird's wife recall hearing as she was giving birth?
(a) The radio in the delivery room.
(b) The giggles of the doctor.
(c) The ambulance sirens.
(d) The baby's cry.
8. What is the nature of the phone call that Bird answers?
(a) His mother-in-law tells him the baby is dead.
(b) He is to go to the hospital to see the surgeon.
(c) It is a wrong number.
(d) His wife wants him to come home.
9. The women in the maternity hospital think that Bird ________________________.
(a) seems very immature.
(b) is a very considerate husband.
(c) is not a very good provider.
(d) has left his baby at the other hospital to die.
10. Who owns the establishment in #163?
11. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
(a) The power goes out.
(b) Someone throws a rock through a window.
(c) A fire breaks out in the kitchen.
(d) Someone steals a tire from her car.
12. When Bird arrives at school, he learns that he has a meeting with _________________ after class.
(a) the English Department.
(b) a parent.
(c) the Board of Education.
(d) the Principal.
13. Where did Himiko's husband die?
(a) In the room where she and Bird sleep.
(b) On a beach.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) In an attic.
14. What was the adventure that Bird recalls having with the person in #164?
(a) A search for a missing man.
(b) A hike across the country.
(c) A hot air balloon ride.
(d) A trip to Africa.
15. Bird's in-laws _____________________.
(a) are pleased with the decision Bird made.
(b) paid for all the hospital bills.
(c) want to raise the baby.
(d) wish the baby had died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Himiko want to do after the baby dies?
2. Where does Himiko drive Bird after leaving his apartment?
3. As Bird goes to leave, Delchef gives him a book about ______________________.
4. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
5. What does Bird realize when he wakes up later in Himiko's bed?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)