|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Himiko tells Bird that the name given to the baby is also the name of ____________________.
(a) a gay bar.
2. When was A PERSONAL MATTER first published?
(a) Late 1990s.
(b) Early 1960s.
(d) Mid 1980s.
3. After talking to the person in #164, Bird realizes that he _______________________.
(a) should have a better-paying job by now.
(b) has nothing to make his life worthy.
(c) is in love with Himiko.
(d) wants to move to America.
4. What does Bird tell the doctor he wants to do with the baby?
(a) Let the baby die.
(b) Let him get a little stronger before deciding.
(c) Take the baby home.
(d) Have the surgery.
5. In Chapter 11, Himiko is visited by _______________________.
(a) her ex-husband.
(b) her father-in-law.
(c) her former lover.
(d) the landlord.
6. Himiko says that she will go to Africa with whom?
(b) Her ex-husband.
(d) The guy who stole her tire.
7. What does Bird bring with him from the apartment?
(c) Maps of Africa.
8. What can Bird not see when he looks into his son's eyes?
(c) His reflection.
(d) Any recognition.
9. A student offers to help Bird get a job as a ________________.
(d) tour guide.
10. What is the nature of the phone call that Bird answers?
(a) He is to go to the hospital to see the surgeon.
(b) His wife wants him to come home.
(c) It is a wrong number.
(d) His mother-in-law tells him the baby is dead.
11. The person in #145 suggests that Himiko and Bird ______________________.
(a) start a business.
(b) adopt a child.
(c) get married.
(d) go to Africa.
12. Bird is going to make sure the baby has the operation for _____________ sake.
(a) his wife's.
(b) the baby's.
(c) the doctor's.
13. What is Himiko's response when Bird tells her he thinks the baby is dead?
(a) Bird was wrong to let the baby die.
(b) Bird and his wife can have another baby.
(c) She is very sad for the little baby.
(d) Now Bird can get a good night's sleep.
14. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
(a) A fire breaks out in the kitchen.
(b) Someone throws a rock through a window.
(c) The power goes out.
(d) Someone steals a tire from her car.
15. What does Himiko run into a store to purchase for the baby?
(b) A pacifier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
2. What does Himiko suggest to Bird to help him get over his distaste for the female body?
3. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
4. The women in the maternity hospital think that Bird ________________________.
5. The doctor at the clinic states that the baby is developing _________________.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)