|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Himiko suggest to Bird regarding the baby?
(a) That Bird's wife should make the decision.
(b) They get in touch with a doctor who will end the baby's life.
(c) Let the baby die in the hospital now.
(d) Let the baby grow a little while longer to see if he gets strong enough to have surgery.
2. Himiko tells Bird that the name given to the baby is also the name of ____________________.
(d) a gay bar.
3. When Bird meets with Delchef, Delchef tells him that _______________________.
(a) he has no intention of leaving his Japanese girlfriend.
(b) he needs to borrow some money.
(c) he wants to go to Africa with him.
(d) he is returning to his home country.
4. What is Delchef's native language?
5. When was A PERSONAL MATTER first published?
(a) Mid 1980s.
(b) Early 1960s.
(c) Late 1990s.
6. How do Bird and the person in #164 know each other?
(a) They were in the same fraternity.
(b) They used to be friends.
(c) He was a student of Bird's.
(d) They were college roommates.
7. The content of the letter Bird received is notifying Bird of a meeting with ______________.
(b) the Principal.
(c) the Disciplinary Committee.
(d) the School Board.
8. As Bird goes to leave, Delchef gives him a book about ______________________.
(b) World War II.
(c) a dictionary.
9. What word does Bird want to look up in Delchef's dictionary?
10. What has Bird's wife been told about her baby?
(a) The baby is in an oxygen tent.
(b) The baby is not hungry.
(c) Tests are being run.
(d) The baby has died.
11. Himiko tells Bird that the person in #129 said the things about Bird because ______________________.
(a) she is jealous of him.
(b) she does not like him.
(c) she thinks he is lazy.
(d) she wanted to fight with him.
12. Himiko tells Bird that he must define and isolate ____________________ in order to conquer them.
(a) his feelings of hatred.
(b) his feelings of fear.
(c) his feelings for her.
(d) his feelings of anxiety.
13. Bird recalls that the last words of the person in #164 to Bird were about _________________.
14. The women in the maternity hospital think that Bird ________________________.
(a) is a very considerate husband.
(b) seems very immature.
(c) has left his baby at the other hospital to die.
(d) is not a very good provider.
15. Himiko reminds Bird of _________________________.
(a) his rent payment.
(b) the probable fate of the baby.
(c) his wedding anniversary.
(d) the restaurant check.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bird realize when he wakes up later in Himiko's bed?
2. Why is the name in #113 significant for Bird?
3. What was the adventure that Bird recalls having with the person in #164?
4. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
5. Which of the following does Bird NOT say to Himiko?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)