|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bird unexpectedly do after work?
(a) He runs away with Himiko.
(b) He buys a ticket to Africa.
(c) He buys a new car.
(d) He resigns.
2. In Chapter 11, Himiko is visited by _______________________.
(a) her ex-husband.
(b) her father-in-law.
(c) the landlord.
(d) her former lover.
3. Bird says that he cannot think about anything but ___________________.
(b) the baby.
(c) his wife.
(d) a job.
4. What concerns Bird about Himiko's car?
(a) The tires are bad.
(b) It has a lot of exhaust.
(c) The battery is dead.
(d) It doesn't have a roof.
5. Bird wants to stop ________________________.
(a) losing jobs.
(c) being a man who's always running away.
(d) drinking too much.
6. What does Bird realize when he wakes up later in Himiko's bed?
(a) He will kill his child.
(b) He has lost his fear of the female body.
(c) He needs to visit his wife.
(d) He wants to divorce his wife.
7. Himiko tells Bird that the name given to the baby is also the name of ____________________.
(b) a gay bar.
8. What does the baby do as Bird watches?
(a) Bleeds from his nose.
(b) Scratches behind his ears.
(c) Cries incessantly.
9. What does Bird tell the doctor he wants to do with the baby?
(a) Let the baby die.
(b) Have the surgery.
(c) Take the baby home.
(d) Let him get a little stronger before deciding.
10. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
(a) A fire breaks out in the kitchen.
(b) The power goes out.
(c) Someone throws a rock through a window.
(d) Someone steals a tire from her car.
11. How does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
12. What does Himiko suggest to Bird to help him get over his distaste for the female body?
(c) Sex therapy.
(d) Anal intercourse.
13. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
(a) Maybe he can get some job leads.
(b) He does not decide to go to the meeting.
(c) There will be alcohol served there.
(d) It will be a good distraction from worries of the baby.
14. What was the adventure that Bird recalls having with the person in #164?
(a) A hike across the country.
(b) A search for a missing man.
(c) A trip to Africa.
(d) A hot air balloon ride.
15. In what country does Bird live?
Short Answer Questions
1. The women in the maternity hospital think that Bird ________________________.
2. Himiko tells Bird that he must define and isolate ____________________ in order to conquer them.
3. As Bird goes to leave, Delchef gives him a book about ______________________.
4. The person in #145 suggests that Himiko and Bird ______________________.
5. How do Bird and the person in #164 know each other?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)