|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Himiko tells Bird that the name given to the baby is also the name of ____________________.
(c) a gay bar.
2. Where do Bird and Himiko go after leaving the baby at the clinic?
(a) A movie theater.
(b) A video arcade.
(c) A gay bar.
(d) A bistro.
3. Himiko tells Bird that he must define and isolate ____________________ in order to conquer them.
(a) his feelings for her.
(b) his feelings of fear.
(c) his feelings of hatred.
(d) his feelings of anxiety.
4. What concerns Bird about Himiko's car?
(a) The tires are bad.
(b) It doesn't have a roof.
(c) The battery is dead.
(d) It has a lot of exhaust.
5. What does Bird realize when he wakes up later in Himiko's bed?
(a) He needs to visit his wife.
(b) He will kill his child.
(c) He has lost his fear of the female body.
(d) He wants to divorce his wife.
6. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
(a) The power goes out.
(b) A fire breaks out in the kitchen.
(c) Someone steals a tire from her car.
(d) Someone throws a rock through a window.
7. Which of the following does Bird NOT say to Himiko?
(a) He is going to take the baby back to the hospital.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He has changed his mind about the baby.
(d) He wants the baby to have the operation.
8. When was A PERSONAL MATTER first published?
(a) Mid 1980s.
(b) Early 1960s.
(c) Late 1990s.
9. What makes the baby start to cry uncontrollably in the car?
(a) A car backfires.
(b) The radio is too loud.
(c) Bird swerves to miss a dead sparrow.
(d) He is hungry.
10. The doctor at the clinic states that the baby is developing _________________.
11. The women in the maternity hospital think that Bird ________________________.
(a) is a very considerate husband.
(b) is not a very good provider.
(c) has left his baby at the other hospital to die.
(d) seems very immature.
12. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
(a) Maybe he can get some job leads.
(b) There will be alcohol served there.
(c) It will be a good distraction from worries of the baby.
(d) He does not decide to go to the meeting.
13. What word does Delchef write in the book in #141?
14. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
(a) Watching television.
(c) Watching a mugging from the window.
(d) Reading a novel.
15. Who is visiting with Himiko when Bird arrives?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A college friend.
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird recalls that the last words of the person in #164 to Bird were about _________________.
2. Where does Himiko drive Bird after leaving his apartment?
3. What word does Bird want to look up in Delchef's dictionary?
4. How does Bird get to work the next day?
5. What does Bird receive when he gets to work?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)