|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bird realize when he wakes up later in Himiko's bed?
(a) He has lost his fear of the female body.
(b) He will kill his child.
(c) He wants to divorce his wife.
(d) He needs to visit his wife.
2. What is the nature of the phone call that Bird answers?
(a) He is to go to the hospital to see the surgeon.
(b) His mother-in-law tells him the baby is dead.
(c) His wife wants him to come home.
(d) It is a wrong number.
3. Delchef argues with Bird about ________________________.
(a) his girlfriend.
(c) taking care of the baby.
4. Why is the name in #113 significant for Bird?
(a) It is his middle name.
(b) It was the name of a troubled friend he abandoned.
(c) It was his father's name.
(d) It is the name of Bird's home village.
5. What does the baby do as Bird watches?
(a) Bleeds from his nose.
(b) Cries incessantly.
(c) Scratches behind his ears.
6. What is actually wrong with the baby as discovered by the physicians?
(a) He had a cleft palate.
(b) He had a benign tumor.
(c) He had no hearing.
(d) He was blind.
7. Bird's mother-in-law tells Bird not to tell his wife the truth about the baby because _____________________.
(a) she will kill herself.
(b) she will not want to have any more children.
(c) she will lose her will to live.
(d) she will release herself before she is ready.
8. How do Bird and the person in #164 know each other?
(a) They used to be friends.
(b) He was a student of Bird's.
(c) They were college roommates.
(d) They were in the same fraternity.
9. Bird says that he cannot think about anything but ___________________.
(a) a job.
(b) the baby.
(d) his wife.
10. Why does Himiko drive Bird to his apartment?
(a) He needed a ride home.
(b) To water the plants.
(c) So he can sleep.
(d) So he can pick up a few things.
11. Himiko tells Bird that __________________ has resumed nuclear testing.
12. What makes the baby start to cry uncontrollably in the car?
(a) Bird swerves to miss a dead sparrow.
(b) A car backfires.
(c) The radio is too loud.
(d) He is hungry.
13. Himiko and the person in #129 think that Bird is in denial about _________________________.
(a) his love for Himiko.
(b) his wife's mental health.
(c) his situation and how the future will be.
(d) his alcoholism.
14. How does Bird feel after his sexual encounter with Himiko?
15. What does Bird note about Himiko and the person in #129?
(a) They have had a bad fight.
(b) They are about to go out for the evening.
(c) They have just had sex.
(d) They have a secret joke about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the pediatrician shout at Bird?
2. What does Himiko suggest to Bird to help him get over his distaste for the female body?
3. What do Bird and Himiko do after Bird awakens?
4. What does Bird's wife accuse him of doing?
5. Which of the following does Bird NOT say to Himiko?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)