|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Bird's wife when he sees her?
(d) In pain.
2. What can Bird not see when he looks into his son's eyes?
(a) His reflection.
(c) Any recognition.
3. Himiko says that she will go to Africa with whom?
(b) The guy who stole her tire.
(c) Her ex-husband.
4. Bird says that he cannot think about anything but ___________________.
(a) a job.
(b) his wife.
(d) the baby.
5. Bird has plans to _____________________.
(a) divorce his wife.
(b) visit America.
(c) become a tourist guide.
(d) get his Master's degree.
6. After talking to the person in #164, Bird realizes that he _______________________.
(a) wants to move to America.
(b) should have a better-paying job by now.
(c) is in love with Himiko.
(d) has nothing to make his life worthy.
7. Himiko and the person in #129 think that Bird is in denial about _________________________.
(a) his wife's mental health.
(b) his love for Himiko.
(c) his situation and how the future will be.
(d) his alcoholism.
8. Himiko tells Bird that the name given to the baby is also the name of ____________________.
(a) a gay bar.
9. When was A PERSONAL MATTER first published?
(a) Mid 1980s.
(b) Early 1960s.
(c) Late 1990s.
10. In what country does Bird live?
11. Where does Bird reunite with Himiko after leaving the maternity hospital?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Her car.
(d) A club.
12. What does the one-eyed doctor advise Bird to do?
(a) Take his wife on a vacation.
(b) Take his wife home.
(c) Put his wife in a psychological hospital.
(d) Continue lying to his wife.
13. Bird recalls that the last words of the person in #164 to Bird were about _________________.
14. Why does the pediatrician shout at Bird?
(a) Bird did not come back when he said he would.
(b) Bird is lying to his wife about the baby.
(c) Bird needs to leave the area.
(d) Bird wants to speed the baby's death.
15. What does Bird receive when he gets to work?
(a) New books.
(b) A sealed letter.
(c) A computer.
(d) An award.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name had Bird's wife been thinking of giving to the baby?
2. When Bird arrives at school, he learns that he has a meeting with _________________ after class.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Bird's African treasures he has at Himiko's apartment?
4. The women in the maternity hospital think that Bird ________________________.
5. Bird's in-laws _____________________.
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)