|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Bird and the person in #164 know each other?
(a) He was a student of Bird's.
(b) They used to be friends.
(c) They were in the same fraternity.
(d) They were college roommates.
2. What does Himiko run into a store to purchase for the baby?
(b) A pacifier.
3. Why is the name in #113 significant for Bird?
(a) It was his father's name.
(b) It was the name of a troubled friend he abandoned.
(c) It is his middle name.
(d) It is the name of Bird's home village.
4. What does Bird's wife recall hearing as she was giving birth?
(a) The radio in the delivery room.
(b) The ambulance sirens.
(c) The giggles of the doctor.
(d) The baby's cry.
5. Bird wants to stop ________________________.
(a) losing jobs.
(b) drinking too much.
(d) being a man who's always running away.
6. Which of the following is NOT one of Bird's African treasures he has at Himiko's apartment?
7. Himiko tells Bird that the name given to the baby is also the name of ____________________.
(a) a gay bar.
8. How does Bird get to work the next day?
(a) He takes the subway.
(b) He rides his bike.
(c) He rides the bus.
(d) He drives Himiko's car.
9. When was A PERSONAL MATTER first published?
(b) Mid 1980s.
(c) Early 1960s.
(d) Late 1990s.
10. What does Bird's wife accuse him of doing?
(a) Abandoning the baby.
(b) Not loving her.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Drinking too much.
11. Bird has plans to _____________________.
(a) divorce his wife.
(b) visit America.
(c) get his Master's degree.
(d) become a tourist guide.
12. What does the one-eyed doctor tell Bird about Bird's wife?
(a) She has died.
(b) She is hemorrhaging.
(c) She is in a deep depression.
(d) She doesn't know the truth about the baby.
13. What word does Bird want to look up in Delchef's dictionary?
14. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
(a) Watching a mugging from the window.
(b) Reading a novel.
(c) Watching television.
15. What name had Bird's wife been thinking of giving to the baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. Delchef argues with Bird about ________________________.
2. Where does Bird reunite with Himiko after leaving the maternity hospital?
3. What does the doctor tell Bird about the baby?
4. What does Bird bring with him from the apartment?
5. Himiko tells Bird that the person in #129 said the things about Bird because ______________________.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)