|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bird reunite with Himiko after leaving the maternity hospital?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) A club.
(c) Her car.
(d) A cafe.
2. Which of the following does Bird NOT say to Himiko?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He has changed his mind about the baby.
(c) He wants the baby to have the operation.
(d) He is going to take the baby back to the hospital.
3. What does Bird's wife recall hearing as she was giving birth?
(a) The baby's cry.
(b) The giggles of the doctor.
(c) The ambulance sirens.
(d) The radio in the delivery room.
4. What does Himiko suggest to Bird to help him get over his distaste for the female body?
(b) Sex therapy.
(d) Anal intercourse.
5. Himiko and the person in #129 think that Bird is in denial about _________________________.
(a) his alcoholism.
(b) his love for Himiko.
(c) his situation and how the future will be.
(d) his wife's mental health.
6. In Chapter 11, Himiko is visited by _______________________.
(a) her father-in-law.
(b) her ex-husband.
(c) the landlord.
(d) her former lover.
7. What has Bird's wife been told about her baby?
(a) The baby is not hungry.
(b) Tests are being run.
(c) The baby is in an oxygen tent.
(d) The baby has died.
8. Himiko tells Bird that the name given to the baby is also the name of ____________________.
(b) a gay bar.
9. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
(a) The power goes out.
(b) Someone throws a rock through a window.
(c) A fire breaks out in the kitchen.
(d) Someone steals a tire from her car.
10. Why is Himiko prepared to help Bird with the baby?
(a) She wants to be a nurse.
(b) She has strong feelings for Bird now.
(c) She thinks he will pay her.
(d) She loves babies.
11. What concerns Bird about Himiko's car?
(a) The tires are bad.
(b) The battery is dead.
(c) It has a lot of exhaust.
(d) It doesn't have a roof.
12. Why does Bird decide to go to the meeting with the person in #126?
(a) He does not decide to go to the meeting.
(b) Maybe he can get some job leads.
(c) There will be alcohol served there.
(d) It will be a good distraction from worries of the baby.
13. What does Himiko run into a store to purchase for the baby?
(c) A pacifier.
14. What is Himiko's response when Bird tells her he thinks the baby is dead?
(a) She is very sad for the little baby.
(b) Bird and his wife can have another baby.
(c) Bird was wrong to let the baby die.
(d) Now Bird can get a good night's sleep.
15. What was the adventure that Bird recalls having with the person in #164?
(a) A search for a missing man.
(b) A hike across the country.
(c) A hot air balloon ride.
(d) A trip to Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the baby start to cry uncontrollably in the car?
2. What do Bird and Himiko do after Bird awakens?
3. The women in the maternity hospital think that Bird ________________________.
4. What does the doctor tell Bird about the baby?
5. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)