|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Himiko and the person in #129 think that Bird is in denial about _________________________.
(a) his love for Himiko.
(b) his alcoholism.
(c) his situation and how the future will be.
(d) his wife's mental health.
2. Which of the following does Bird NOT say to Himiko?
(a) He has changed his mind about the baby.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He is going to take the baby back to the hospital.
(d) He wants the baby to have the operation.
3. The professor thinks that Bird's __________________ no longer fits him.
4. The person in #145 suggests that Himiko and Bird ______________________.
(a) start a business.
(b) get married.
(c) go to Africa.
(d) adopt a child.
5. Who owns the establishment in #163?
6. Bird has plans to _____________________.
(a) visit America.
(b) get his Master's degree.
(c) become a tourist guide.
(d) divorce his wife.
7. What can Bird not see when he looks into his son's eyes?
(a) His reflection.
(d) Any recognition.
8. What has Bird's wife been told about her baby?
(a) Tests are being run.
(b) The baby is not hungry.
(c) The baby is in an oxygen tent.
(d) The baby has died.
9. Which of the following does NOT describe Bird's wife when he sees her?
(a) In pain.
10. What does Himiko want to do after the baby dies?
(a) Move to a different house.
(b) Go to Africa with Bird.
(c) Go back to school.
(d) Travel to America.
11. The doctor at the clinic states that the baby is developing _________________.
12. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
(b) Watching television.
(c) Reading a novel.
(d) Watching a mugging from the window.
13. What does Himiko suggest to Bird regarding the baby?
(a) Let the baby grow a little while longer to see if he gets strong enough to have surgery.
(b) They get in touch with a doctor who will end the baby's life.
(c) Let the baby die in the hospital now.
(d) That Bird's wife should make the decision.
14. Delchef argues with Bird about ________________________.
(a) taking care of the baby.
(d) his girlfriend.
15. A student offers to help Bird get a job as a ________________.
(b) tour guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Himiko tells Bird that __________________ has resumed nuclear testing.
2. Bird's mother-in-law tells Bird not to tell his wife the truth about the baby because _____________________.
3. Why is the name in #113 significant for Bird?
4. Why does the pediatrician shout at Bird?
5. Bird is going to make sure the baby has the operation for _____________ sake.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)