|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Himiko doing when she suddenly cries out in the apartment?
(a) Watching television.
(c) Watching a mugging from the window.
(d) Reading a novel.
2. What does the one-eyed doctor tell Bird about Bird's wife?
(a) She is in a deep depression.
(b) She doesn't know the truth about the baby.
(c) She is hemorrhaging.
(d) She has died.
3. Why is Himiko prepared to help Bird with the baby?
(a) She loves babies.
(b) She has strong feelings for Bird now.
(c) She thinks he will pay her.
(d) She wants to be a nurse.
4. Where does Himiko drive Bird after leaving his apartment?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The airport.
(c) A bistro.
(d) A library.
5. After talking to the person in #164, Bird realizes that he _______________________.
(a) should have a better-paying job by now.
(b) wants to move to America.
(c) has nothing to make his life worthy.
(d) is in love with Himiko.
6. What does Himiko suggest to Bird to help him get over his distaste for the female body?
(c) Sex therapy.
(d) Anal intercourse.
7. How does Bird get to work the next day?
(a) He takes the subway.
(b) He rides his bike.
(c) He rides the bus.
(d) He drives Himiko's car.
8. What has Bird's wife been told about her baby?
(a) The baby is in an oxygen tent.
(b) Tests are being run.
(c) The baby is not hungry.
(d) The baby has died.
9. What does Bird unexpectedly do after work?
(a) He buys a ticket to Africa.
(b) He resigns.
(c) He runs away with Himiko.
(d) He buys a new car.
10. What happens at Himiko's house as she and Bird get ready to go for the baby?
(a) The power goes out.
(b) Someone throws a rock through a window.
(c) Someone steals a tire from her car.
(d) A fire breaks out in the kitchen.
11. The content of the letter Bird received is notifying Bird of a meeting with ______________.
(b) the School Board.
(c) the Disciplinary Committee.
(d) the Principal.
12. What does Bird's wife accuse him of doing?
(a) Not loving her.
(b) Drinking too much.
(c) Having an affair.
(d) Abandoning the baby.
13. When Bird meets with Delchef, Delchef tells him that _______________________.
(a) he needs to borrow some money.
(b) he has no intention of leaving his Japanese girlfriend.
(c) he is returning to his home country.
(d) he wants to go to Africa with him.
14. The person in #145 suggests that Himiko and Bird ______________________.
(a) start a business.
(b) adopt a child.
(c) go to Africa.
(d) get married.
15. What concerns Bird about Himiko's car?
(a) It doesn't have a roof.
(b) The tires are bad.
(c) The battery is dead.
(d) It has a lot of exhaust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Himiko drive Bird to his apartment?
2. What is Himiko's response when Bird tells her he thinks the baby is dead?
3. That night, Bird awakens frequently from dreams in which ________________________.
4. What is Delchef's native language?
5. What does Bird's wife recall hearing as she was giving birth?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)