|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bird call from the hospital?
(a) His landlord.
(b) His father.
(c) His boss.
(d) His mother-in-law.
2. Where does Bird wake up in Chapter 5?
(a) Himiko's apartment.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His apartment.
(d) His wife's bedside.
3. The doctor describes the baby as __________________.
(a) an angel.
(b) a blessing.
(c) a gift.
(d) a vegetable.
4. What condition does the new baby have?
(a) Brain hernia.
(b) Undeveloped heart.
(d) Spina Bifida.
5. What does the gang yell as they leave Bird?
(a) Bird is too old.
(b) Bird is too small.
(c) Bird is crazy.
(d) Bird is a pro fighter.
6. What is Bird contemplating in the book?
(b) A map of Africa.
(c) His baby pictures.
(d) Exam questions.
7. When will the baby's condition be better known?
(a) When the baby is six months old.
(b) If exploratory surgery can be done.
(c) After the brain surgeon examines him.
8. The doctor would like to be present for the baby's __________________.
(c) first birthday party.
9. From where does Bird call his mother-in-law?
(a) A bistro.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A video arcade.
(d) A bus station.
10. What request does Bird's colleague make of him?
(a) To borrow some books.
(b) To help bring back a fellow colleague.
(c) To fill in for him when he is on vacation.
(d) To borrow his bike.
11. What is the state of mind of the main character?
12. Who is looking for a fight with Bird?
(a) A gang.
(b) His professor.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His wife.
13. Bird encounters a man whose baby has no ________________.
14. What puts Bird in a good mood?
(a) He passes his exam.
(b) He finds money in his coat pocket.
(c) He beats up a gang member.
(d) He wins the Lottery.
15. The Director of the hospital asks Bird if he would like to see ___________________.
(a) the goods.
(b) the maternity ward.
(c) the blood bank.
(d) the surgical suite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bird dreaming of in Chapter 2?
2. Bird and Himiko reminisce about ____________________________.
3. What is known about the person in #79?
4. What games does Bird try after talking to his mother-in-law?
5. How many shots of whiskey does Bird drink in quick succession?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)