|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had happened to Himiko's husband?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He was killed in a war.
(d) He left her for another woman.
2. What does Bird use intense sexuality for?
(a) His creativity.
(b) A form of expression.
(c) A means of avoiding responsibility.
(d) A measure of intelligence.
3. How many shots of whiskey does Bird drink in quick succession?
4. What does Bird note about Himiko's apartment?
(a) It has new drapes.
(b) It smells like bread.
(c) It is freshly painted.
(d) It is dark.
5. How is Bird positioned for his new roles in life?
6. What puts Bird in a good mood?
(a) He finds money in his coat pocket.
(b) He wins the Lottery.
(c) He beats up a gang member.
(d) He passes his exam.
7. What does an outspoken student do when Bird dismisses class early?
(a) Withdraws from class.
(b) Shouts out attacks.
(c) Informs the administration.
(d) Offers to take Bird home.
8. What is the dark continent?
(a) South America.
9. What is the baby's prognosis?
(a) He is brain dead.
(b) He will grow out of the condition.
(c) He will never be normal.
(d) He will die within a week.
10. What does the person in #54 give Bird before he leaves?
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A baby gift.
11. From what is Bird suffering this morning?
12. Who does Bird go to visit after he leaves the hospital?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mentor.
(d) His father-in-law.
13. What does Bird note about the hospital's Director?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He is sullen.
(d) He giggles.
14. Where does Bird wake up in Chapter 5?
(a) His wife's bedside.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Himiko's apartment.
(d) His apartment.
15. What is Bird told about the new baby?
(a) The baby has a deformed heart.
(b) The baby is abnormal.
(c) The baby is premature.
(d) The baby is very healthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does the new baby have?
2. Who is looking for a fight with Bird?
3. How does Bird get to the hospital?
4. What makes Bird happy for a few moments as he leaves the school?
5. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)