|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bird go after he gets dressed?
(a) To work.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To church.
(d) To the library.
2. From where does Bird call his mother-in-law?
(a) A bistro.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A bus station.
(d) A video arcade.
3. What does Bird note about Himiko's apartment?
(a) It has new drapes.
(b) It is dark.
(c) It smells like bread.
(d) It is freshly painted.
4. What puts Bird in a good mood?
(a) He beats up a gang member.
(b) He passes his exam.
(c) He wins the Lottery.
(d) He finds money in his coat pocket.
5. What games does Bird try after talking to his mother-in-law?
(a) A Grand Prix racing game.
(b) Pac Man.
(c) Tests of strength.
(d) A pinball game.
6. Himiko can best be described as __________________.
7. Surgery will be performed on Bird's baby to ______________________.
(a) fix a heart defect.
(b) put the brain back in the head.
(c) straighten his legs.
(d) put in ear tubes.
8. What does Bird use intense sexuality for?
(a) His creativity.
(b) A means of avoiding responsibility.
(c) A measure of intelligence.
(d) A form of expression.
9. What does the angry student realize about Bird?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is demented.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is hungover.
10. When will the baby's condition be better known?
(b) When the baby is six months old.
(c) After the brain surgeon examines him.
(d) If exploratory surgery can be done.
11. What awakens Bird from his sleep?
(a) An alarm clock.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) His wife.
(d) A telephone call.
12. Who is looking for a fight with Bird?
(a) His professor.
(b) A gang.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother-in-law.
13. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
14. The doctor would like to be present for the baby's __________________.
(c) first birthday party.
15. What is Bird dreaming of in Chapter 2?
(a) Riding a pink unicorn.
(b) Being chased by an angry animal.
(c) Playing catch with his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bird's fellow colleague who is a foreigner?
2. Himiko carries Bird to ________________ so he can sleep.
3. What does Bird identify himself as when he arrives at the hospital?
4. What is the dark continent?
5. What is the weather like as Bird takes on the gang?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)