|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bird positioned for his new roles in life?
2. From where does Bird call his mother-in-law?
(a) A bistro.
(b) A video arcade.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A bus station.
3. When Bird catches a glimpse of Himiko's naked body, he ___________________________.
(a) thinks she is like a statue.
(b) feels sexual excitement.
(c) feels his juvenile disgust with nudity.
(d) is embarrassed.
4. What is Bird told about the new baby?
(a) The baby is very healthy.
(b) The baby has a deformed heart.
(c) The baby is premature.
(d) The baby is abnormal.
5. How old is Bird?
6. What request does Bird's colleague make of him?
(a) To fill in for him when he is on vacation.
(b) To borrow some books.
(c) To borrow his bike.
(d) To help bring back a fellow colleague.
7. Who tells Bird about the baby's condition at the other hospital?
(a) The pediatrician.
(b) The head of Neurology.
(c) The glass-eyed doctor.
(d) The head nurse.
8. Himiko carries Bird to ________________ so he can sleep.
(a) her bedroom.
(b) the den.
(c) the living room couch.
(d) the spare room.
9. When will the baby's condition be better known?
(a) After the brain surgeon examines him.
(b) If exploratory surgery can be done.
(c) When the baby is six months old.
10. What is the weather like as Bird takes on the gang?
11. What does Bird note about the hospital's Director?
(a) He stutters.
(b) He is sullen.
(c) He giggles.
(d) He is deaf.
12. What does Bird do as he waits for a cab?
(a) Spits out a broken tooth.
(b) Counts his money.
(c) Calls the hospital.
(d) Checks his e-mail.
13. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
14. How many shots of whiskey does Bird drink in quick succession?
15. How does Bird feel about responsibility for his child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird and Himiko reminisce about ____________________________.
2. Who is the central character of the book?
3. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
4. Who is looking for a fight with Bird?
5. What is Bird's mother-in-law doing when he arrives at the hospital?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)