|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes over Bird as he waits for the bus?
(a) A panic attack.
(b) The urge to vomit.
(c) Paternal feelings.
(d) A strong, angry sexual desire.
2. What is known about the person in #79?
(a) He has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
(b) He has recently moved in with a Japanese girl.
(c) He has recently moved to America.
(d) He is taking a sabbatical.
3. Bird and Himiko reminisce about ____________________________.
(a) former lives.
(b) their childhood days.
(c) their attempt to make love years ago.
(d) the day they met.
4. What had happened to Himiko's husband?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He was killed in a war.
(c) He left her for another woman.
(d) He died of cancer.
5. What condition does the new baby have?
(a) Undeveloped heart.
(b) Brain hernia.
(d) Spina Bifida.
6. What did Bird do the summer after he got married?
(a) Traveled to Africa.
(b) Took French lessons.
(c) Built a house.
(d) Stayed drunk for four weeks.
7. What request does Bird's colleague make of him?
(a) To borrow some books.
(b) To fill in for him when he is on vacation.
(c) To help bring back a fellow colleague.
(d) To borrow his bike.
8. What does Bird identify himself as when he arrives at the hospital?
(a) The husband.
(b) The holy man.
(c) The uncle.
(d) The father.
9. Where does Bird go with the doctor to take the baby?
(b) The morgue.
(d) Another hospital.
10. What is the state of mind of the main character?
11. How does Bird feel about responsibility for his child?
12. Why can the new baby not have surgery?
(a) It is too risky.
(b) He is too young.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is inoperable.
13. What is Bird told about the new baby?
(a) The baby is abnormal.
(b) The baby has a deformed heart.
(c) The baby is very healthy.
(d) The baby is premature.
14. Who does Bird go to visit after he leaves the hospital?
(a) His best friend.
(b) His father-in-law.
(c) His mentor.
(d) His brother.
15. What does Bird notice about one of the doctors?
(a) He has a glass eye.
(b) He has a missing finger.
(c) He is bald.
(d) He wears a shoe with a lift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bird gives up on the bus and get to Hamiko's room via ________________.
2. What does Bird do as he reads a short story to his class?
3. What is the weather like as Bird takes on the gang?
4. Which of the following does Bird NOT think about on this day?
5. What is the profession of the person in #54?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)