|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bird positioned for his new roles in life?
2. Bird and Himiko reminisce about ____________________________.
(a) their childhood days.
(b) the day they met.
(c) their attempt to make love years ago.
(d) former lives.
3. What does the gang yell as they leave Bird?
(a) Bird is too small.
(b) Bird is too old.
(c) Bird is crazy.
(d) Bird is a pro fighter.
4. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
5. The doctor describes the baby as __________________.
(a) a gift.
(b) a blessing.
(c) an angel.
(d) a vegetable.
6. Where does Bird work?
7. What does Africa represent in Bird's life now?
(b) Lost causes.
(c) Spirit of avoidance.
8. What did Bird do the summer after he got married?
(a) Stayed drunk for four weeks.
(b) Traveled to Africa.
(c) Took French lessons.
(d) Built a house.
9. Who does Bird see standing at the windows of the hospital?
(a) Pregnant women.
10. What awakens Bird from his sleep?
(a) An alarm clock.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A telephone call.
(d) His wife.
11. What does Bird think about as he is on his way to visit the person in #54?
(a) Getting a new job.
(b) The nature of his baby's life.
(c) Sending flowers to his wife.
(d) Running away to Africa.
12. What does Bird identify himself as when he arrives at the hospital?
(a) The father.
(b) The husband.
(c) The uncle.
(d) The holy man.
13. References are made about ________________ giving birth.
(a) Bird's sister.
(b) Bird's grandmother.
(c) Bird's wife.
(d) Bird's mother.
14. From what is Bird suffering this morning?
15. For what does Bird ask a sales clerk?
(a) Blue shirts.
(c) Motor oil.
(d) Road maps of Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bird go with the doctor to take the baby?
2. How old is Bird?
3. What is the baby's prognosis?
4. Bird briefly fantasizes about _______________________.
5. The older man who comes to Himiko's is a/an ___________________.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)