|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is _______________ that Bird uses sex to avoid responsibility but it is sex that ultimately allows him to take responsibility.
2. What does the angry student realize about Bird?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is hungover.
(c) He is demented.
(d) He is ill.
3. What does Africa represent in Bird's life now?
(a) Lost causes.
(c) Spirit of avoidance.
4. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
5. Bird and Himiko reminisce about ____________________________.
(a) the day they met.
(b) former lives.
(c) their attempt to make love years ago.
(d) their childhood days.
6. What is the weather like as Bird takes on the gang?
7. Himiko carries Bird to ________________ so he can sleep.
(a) the living room couch.
(b) the den.
(c) the spare room.
(d) her bedroom.
8. How is Bird positioned for his new roles in life?
9. Hamiko gives Bird advice on ____________________.
(a) frugal travel.
(b) dealing with a hangover.
(c) passing the bar exam.
(d) getting a good apartment.
10. Where does Bird work?
11. Where does Bird go after he gets dressed?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To church.
(c) To work.
(d) To the library.
12. The older man who comes to Himiko's is a/an ___________________.
(c) abortion doctor.
13. What is known about the person in #79?
(a) He has recently moved in with a Japanese girl.
(b) He has recently moved to America.
(c) He is taking a sabbatical.
(d) He has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
14. Who does Bird encounter when he leaves the shop?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A mime.
(c) A priest.
(d) A transvestite.
15. Who tells Bird about the baby's condition at the other hospital?
(a) The head of Neurology.
(b) The glass-eyed doctor.
(c) The pediatrician.
(d) The head nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bird identify himself as when he arrives at the hospital?
2. What had happened to Himiko's husband?
3. What does the person in #52 tell Bird?
4. The doctor would like to be present for the baby's __________________.
5. What does Bird learn about his son when he sees him in the hospital?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)