|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what is Bird suffering this morning?
2. From where does Bird call his mother-in-law?
(a) A video arcade.
(b) A bistro.
(c) A bus station.
(d) A cell phone.
3. What does Bird do to send the gang's fighter to the ground?
(a) Head butts him in the belly.
(b) Grabs his legs.
(c) Flips him on his back.
(d) Hits his head with a rock.
4. What did Bird do the summer after he got married?
(a) Traveled to Africa.
(b) Built a house.
(c) Stayed drunk for four weeks.
(d) Took French lessons.
5. How many shots of whiskey does Bird drink in quick succession?
6. What does Bird do as he waits for a cab?
(a) Counts his money.
(b) Spits out a broken tooth.
(c) Checks his e-mail.
(d) Calls the hospital.
7. What does Bird notice about one of the doctors?
(a) He wears a shoe with a lift.
(b) He has a glass eye.
(c) He has a missing finger.
(d) He is bald.
8. Of what is Bird convinced as he walks through the hospital?
(a) His father-in-law will pay for surgery.
(b) His wife will not want any more children.
(c) His wife will divorce him.
(d) His son is dead.
9. What does Bird note about the hospital's Director?
(a) He stutters.
(b) He giggles.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is sullen.
10. Where does Bird wake up in Chapter 5?
(a) Himiko's apartment.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His apartment.
(d) His wife's bedside.
11. What does Bird use intense sexuality for?
(a) A means of avoiding responsibility.
(b) A measure of intelligence.
(c) His creativity.
(d) A form of expression.
12. Who is the central character of the book?
13. Himiko suggests that in another universe, Bird's baby will live to his __________________.
(d) first birthday.
14. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
15. What is the dark continent?
(d) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Director of the hospital asks Bird if he would like to see ___________________.
2. Where did Bird get a job when he left graduate school?
3. What does Bird think about as he is on his way to visit the person in #54?
4. What is known about the person in #79?
5. What puts Bird in a good mood?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)