|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Bird call his mother-in-law?
(a) A video arcade.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A bus station.
(d) A bistro.
2. Himiko carries Bird to ________________ so he can sleep.
(a) the den.
(b) the living room couch.
(c) her bedroom.
(d) the spare room.
3. Where will Bird get the money to pay the hospital bills?
(a) His father-in-law.
(b) His Africa trip money.
(c) A second job.
(d) Freelance work.
4. Who does Bird see standing at the windows of the hospital?
(d) Pregnant women.
5. What awakens Himiko from his sleep?
(a) A siren.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) Men calling Himiko from outside.
(d) The TV.
6. What awakens Bird from his sleep?
(a) An alarm clock.
(b) A telephone call.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) His wife.
7. What does Bird do when Himiko goes to the shower?
(a) Watches television.
(b) Makes some phone calls.
(c) Gets glasses for the whiskey.
(d) Takes a nap.
8. Who is Himiko?
(a) Bird's sister.
(b) Bird's mother.
(c) Bird's wife.
(d) Bird's former girlfriend.
9. For what does Bird ask a sales clerk?
(b) Road maps of Africa.
(c) Motor oil.
(d) Blue shirts.
10. Himiko suggests that in another universe, Bird's baby will live to his __________________.
(b) first birthday.
11. What does Africa represent in Bird's life now?
(a) Lost causes.
(c) Spirit of avoidance.
12. Himiko can best be described as __________________.
13. Why can the new baby not have surgery?
(a) It is inoperable.
(b) It is too risky.
(c) He is too young.
(d) It is too expensive.
14. What does Bird do as he waits for a cab?
(a) Spits out a broken tooth.
(b) Checks his e-mail.
(c) Counts his money.
(d) Calls the hospital.
15. The doctor would like to be present for the baby's __________________.
(b) first birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bird go with the doctor to take the baby?
2. What request does Bird's colleague make of him?
3. What does the person in #54 give Bird before he leaves?
4. What games does Bird try after talking to his mother-in-law?
5. How many shots of whiskey does Bird drink in quick succession?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)