|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bird catches a glimpse of Himiko's naked body, he ___________________________.
(a) feels sexual excitement.
(b) thinks she is like a statue.
(c) is embarrassed.
(d) feels his juvenile disgust with nudity.
2. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
3. What does the person in #54 give Bird before he leaves?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A baby gift.
4. Bird hints to the doctor that ______________________.
(a) he is leaving his wife.
(b) he may want the baby to die.
(c) he cannot afford the surgery.
(d) his wife cannot care for the baby.
5. What does the person in #52 tell Bird?
(a) To bring his wife some clean clothes.
(b) To call the hospital billing office.
(c) To take the week off from work.
(d) Not to come to the maternity hospital.
6. Who is looking for a fight with Bird?
(a) His wife.
(b) A gang.
(c) His mother-in-law.
(d) His professor.
7. What does Bird note about the hospital's Director?
(a) He giggles.
(b) He stutters.
(c) He is sullen.
(d) He is deaf.
8. Surgery will be performed on Bird's baby to ______________________.
(a) straighten his legs.
(b) fix a heart defect.
(c) put the brain back in the head.
(d) put in ear tubes.
9. What is Bird told about the new baby?
(a) The baby is abnormal.
(b) The baby is premature.
(c) The baby is very healthy.
(d) The baby has a deformed heart.
10. What awakens Bird from his sleep?
(a) An alarm clock.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A telephone call.
(d) His wife.
11. What is Bird afraid of losing now that his child is here?
(a) His sense of identity.
(b) His time.
(c) His money.
(d) His career.
12. What does Bird learn about his son when he sees him in the hospital?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is doing well.
(d) He is ready to go home.
13. What makes Bird happy for a few moments as he leaves the school?
(a) The sun is shining brightly.
(b) The first student who tried to quiet the second student.
(c) He sees children playing in a park.
(d) It is finally the weekend.
14. Who is Himiko?
(a) Bird's mother.
(b) Bird's wife.
(c) Bird's former girlfriend.
(d) Bird's sister.
15. What is the state of mind of the main character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Bird about the baby's condition at the other hospital?
2. References are made about ________________ giving birth.
3. How old is Bird?
4. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
5. The Hospital Director's behavior makes him appear to be __________________.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)