|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hamiko gives Bird advice on ____________________.
(a) passing the bar exam.
(b) frugal travel.
(c) getting a good apartment.
(d) dealing with a hangover.
2. Himiko suggests that in another universe, Bird's baby will live to his __________________.
(a) first birthday.
3. What does Bird think about as he is on his way to visit the person in #54?
(a) Running away to Africa.
(b) Getting a new job.
(c) Sending flowers to his wife.
(d) The nature of his baby's life.
4. What does Bird notice about one of the doctors?
(a) He has a missing finger.
(b) He has a glass eye.
(c) He wears a shoe with a lift.
(d) He is bald.
5. What is Bird contemplating in the book?
(b) Exam questions.
(c) A map of Africa.
(d) His baby pictures.
6. How old is Bird?
7. What does Bird do as he reads a short story to his class?
(b) Claps his hands.
8. What is Bird dreaming of in Chapter 2?
(a) Being chased by an angry animal.
(c) Playing catch with his son.
(d) Riding a pink unicorn.
9. Where does Bird wake up in Chapter 5?
(a) The hospital.
(b) His apartment.
(c) His wife's bedside.
(d) Himiko's apartment.
10. What does an outspoken student do when Bird dismisses class early?
(a) Withdraws from class.
(b) Offers to take Bird home.
(c) Informs the administration.
(d) Shouts out attacks.
11. Bird gives up on the bus and get to Hamiko's room via ________________.
(a) a taxi.
(b) a car.
(c) a bus.
(d) a subway.
12. What is the weather like as Bird takes on the gang?
13. Who does Bird go to visit after he leaves the hospital?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mentor.
(c) His father-in-law.
(d) His best friend.
14. What does Africa represent in Bird's life now?
(a) Spirit of avoidance.
(b) Lost causes.
15. Where does Bird go after he gets dressed?
(a) To work.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To church.
(d) To the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Himiko been doing before Bird got to her apartment?
2. What does the angry student realize about Bird?
3. Bird and Himiko reminisce about ____________________________.
4. Why can the new baby not have surgery?
5. Bird encounters a man whose baby has no ________________.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)