|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Africa represent in Bird's life now?
(b) Lost causes.
(d) Spirit of avoidance.
2. From where does Bird call his mother-in-law?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A bistro.
(c) A bus station.
(d) A video arcade.
3. What is the weather like as Bird takes on the gang?
4. What does an outspoken student do when Bird dismisses class early?
(a) Informs the administration.
(b) Offers to take Bird home.
(c) Shouts out attacks.
(d) Withdraws from class.
5. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
6. Where does Bird go with the doctor to take the baby?
(b) Another hospital.
(c) The morgue.
7. What is Bird's mother-in-law doing when he arrives at the hospital?
(a) Hiding her face.
(c) Talking on the phone.
8. How does Bird feel about responsibility for his child?
9. What is Bird afraid of losing now that his child is here?
(a) His sense of identity.
(b) His time.
(c) His money.
(d) His career.
10. What does Bird do to send the gang's fighter to the ground?
(a) Hits his head with a rock.
(b) Grabs his legs.
(c) Flips him on his back.
(d) Head butts him in the belly.
11. What had happened to Himiko's husband?
(a) He committed suicide.
(b) He left her for another woman.
(c) He was killed in a war.
(d) He died of cancer.
12. Himiko suggests that in another universe, Bird's baby will live to his __________________.
(a) first birthday.
13. Surgery will be performed on Bird's baby to ______________________.
(a) put the brain back in the head.
(b) fix a heart defect.
(c) put in ear tubes.
(d) straighten his legs.
14. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
15. What is known about the person in #79?
(a) He has recently moved in with a Japanese girl.
(b) He has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
(c) He has recently moved to America.
(d) He is taking a sabbatical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gang yell as they leave Bird?
2. The doctor would like to be present for the baby's __________________.
3. When will the baby's condition be better known?
4. How does Bird get to the hospital?
5. When Bird catches a glimpse of Himiko's naked body, he ___________________________.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)