|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Bird, the baby represents __________________.
(a) a trap.
(b) his destiny.
(d) a gift.
2. Who tells Bird about the baby's condition at the other hospital?
(a) The head nurse.
(b) The head of Neurology.
(c) The pediatrician.
(d) The glass-eyed doctor.
3. What does the person in #54 give Bird before he leaves?
(b) A baby gift.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
4. What does Bird notice about one of the doctors?
(a) He has a glass eye.
(b) He is bald.
(c) He wears a shoe with a lift.
(d) He has a missing finger.
5. Where does Bird go after he gets dressed?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To church.
(d) To work.
6. Bird gives up on the bus and get to Hamiko's room via ________________.
(a) a car.
(b) a bus.
(c) a subway.
(d) a taxi.
7. What awakens Himiko from his sleep?
(a) Men calling Himiko from outside.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) The TV.
(d) A siren.
8. Where did Bird get a job when he left graduate school?
(a) A political office.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A cram school.
9. When does the doctor want Bird to return to the hospital?
(b) This afternoon.
(d) Next week.
10. Which of the following does Bird NOT think about on this day?
(a) Changes due to new baby.
(b) His youth.
(c) His birdlike nature.
(d) Buying a new car.
11. Hamiko gives Bird advice on ____________________.
(a) frugal travel.
(b) getting a good apartment.
(c) passing the bar exam.
(d) dealing with a hangover.
12. What puts Bird in a good mood?
(a) He passes his exam.
(b) He finds money in his coat pocket.
(c) He beats up a gang member.
(d) He wins the Lottery.
13. Bird encounters a man whose baby has no ________________.
14. For what does Bird ask a sales clerk?
(a) Road maps of Africa.
(c) Motor oil.
(d) Blue shirts.
15. What is known about the person in #79?
(a) He is taking a sabbatical.
(b) He has recently moved to America.
(c) He has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
(d) He has recently moved in with a Japanese girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is _______________ that Bird uses sex to avoid responsibility but it is sex that ultimately allows him to take responsibility.
2. What does the angry student realize about Bird?
3. Who is Bird's fellow colleague who is a foreigner?
4. What had Himiko been doing before Bird got to her apartment?
5. What kind of book is Bird looking at as the novel begins?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)