|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bird encounter when he leaves the shop?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A priest.
(c) A transvestite.
(d) A mime.
2. The doctor thinks the baby and the parents __________________________.
(a) will come through this trial just fine.
(b) look a lot alike.
(c) would be better off if the baby were dead.
(d) need a lot of emotional support.
3. Bird briefly fantasizes about _______________________.
(b) flying a plane.
(c) being wealthy.
(d) an evening with the transvestite.
4. The doctor describes the baby as __________________.
(a) an angel.
(b) a blessing.
(c) a gift.
(d) a vegetable.
5. What does Bird do to send the gang's fighter to the ground?
(a) Flips him on his back.
(b) Grabs his legs.
(c) Hits his head with a rock.
(d) Head butts him in the belly.
6. Of what is Bird convinced as he walks through the hospital?
(a) His wife will divorce him.
(b) His wife will not want any more children.
(c) His son is dead.
(d) His father-in-law will pay for surgery.
7. What is the state of mind of the main character?
8. Bird compares the baby's situation to ______________________.
(a) a miner.
(b) an angel.
(c) a saint.
(d) a wounded war hero.
9. What is known about the person in #79?
(a) He has recently moved in with a Japanese girl.
(b) He has recently moved to America.
(c) He is taking a sabbatical.
(d) He has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
10. Who is looking for a fight with Bird?
(a) His wife.
(b) A gang.
(c) His professor.
(d) His mother-in-law.
11. What does Bird identify himself as when he arrives at the hospital?
(a) The holy man.
(b) The father.
(c) The uncle.
(d) The husband.
12. Himiko carries Bird to ________________ so he can sleep.
(a) the den.
(b) the spare room.
(c) her bedroom.
(d) the living room couch.
13. What does the angry student realize about Bird?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is demented.
(d) He is hungover.
14. What comes over Bird as he waits for the bus?
(a) A strong, angry sexual desire.
(b) Paternal feelings.
(c) The urge to vomit.
(d) A panic attack.
15. What does the person in #52 tell Bird?
(a) To bring his wife some clean clothes.
(b) To call the hospital billing office.
(c) To take the week off from work.
(d) Not to come to the maternity hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bird wake up in Chapter 5?
2. What kind of book is Bird looking at as the novel begins?
3. How does Bird get to the hospital?
4. What is the dark continent?
5. The Hospital Director's behavior makes him appear to be __________________.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)