|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what is Bird suffering this morning?
2. What is the dark continent?
(a) South America.
3. What is the baby's prognosis?
(a) He will never be normal.
(b) He will die within a week.
(c) He is brain dead.
(d) He will grow out of the condition.
4. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
5. What does Bird notice about one of the doctors?
(a) He has a glass eye.
(b) He wears a shoe with a lift.
(c) He has a missing finger.
(d) He is bald.
6. What kind of book is Bird looking at as the novel begins?
(b) Photo album.
(d) Text book.
7. What is Bird contemplating in the book?
(b) A map of Africa.
(c) His baby pictures.
(d) Exam questions.
8. For what does Bird ask a sales clerk?
(b) Motor oil.
(c) Road maps of Africa.
(d) Blue shirts.
9. What does Bird do as he waits for a cab?
(a) Counts his money.
(b) Calls the hospital.
(c) Checks his e-mail.
(d) Spits out a broken tooth.
10. What does the person in #54 give Bird before he leaves?
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A baby gift.
11. The doctor thinks the baby and the parents __________________________.
(a) need a lot of emotional support.
(b) look a lot alike.
(c) would be better off if the baby were dead.
(d) will come through this trial just fine.
12. What games does Bird try after talking to his mother-in-law?
(a) Pac Man.
(b) A pinball game.
(c) Tests of strength.
(d) A Grand Prix racing game.
13. Who is looking for a fight with Bird?
(a) A gang.
(b) His mother-in-law.
(c) His wife.
(d) His professor.
14. What comes over Bird as he waits for the bus?
(a) A panic attack.
(b) A strong, angry sexual desire.
(c) Paternal feelings.
(d) The urge to vomit.
15. What does Bird do to send the gang's fighter to the ground?
(a) Flips him on his back.
(b) Grabs his legs.
(c) Head butts him in the belly.
(d) Hits his head with a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bird do when Himiko goes to the shower?
2. References are made about ________________ giving birth.
3. When will the baby's condition be better known?
4. Who does Bird go to visit after he leaves the hospital?
5. What puts Bird in a good mood?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)