|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bird do when Himiko goes to the shower?
(a) Gets glasses for the whiskey.
(b) Watches television.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Makes some phone calls.
2. What did Bird do the summer after he got married?
(a) Built a house.
(b) Traveled to Africa.
(c) Took French lessons.
(d) Stayed drunk for four weeks.
3. Who/what is foreshadowed in Chapter 2?
(a) The mother-in-law's face.
(b) The doctor's giggling.
(c) The "angel" women.
(d) The video arcade.
4. Where does Bird wake up in Chapter 5?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Himiko's apartment.
(c) His apartment.
(d) His wife's bedside.
5. From where does Bird call his mother-in-law?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A bus station.
(c) A bistro.
(d) A video arcade.
6. The doctor describes the baby as __________________.
(a) a vegetable.
(b) a blessing.
(c) a gift.
(d) an angel.
7. What is the weather like as Bird takes on the gang?
8. Bird hints to the doctor that ______________________.
(a) he may want the baby to die.
(b) his wife cannot care for the baby.
(c) he is leaving his wife.
(d) he cannot afford the surgery.
9. What makes Bird happy for a few moments as he leaves the school?
(a) The sun is shining brightly.
(b) He sees children playing in a park.
(c) The first student who tried to quiet the second student.
(d) It is finally the weekend.
10. When does the doctor want Bird to return to the hospital?
(b) Next week.
(c) This afternoon.
11. What request does Bird's colleague make of him?
(a) To help bring back a fellow colleague.
(b) To borrow his bike.
(c) To fill in for him when he is on vacation.
(d) To borrow some books.
12. How old is Bird?
13. What is the dark continent?
(d) South America.
14. Bird thinks the people in #38 look like ________________.
15. The Hospital Director's behavior makes him appear to be __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Himiko suggests that in another universe, Bird's baby will live to his __________________.
2. What is Bird told about the new baby?
3. Hamiko gives Bird advice on ____________________.
4. What comes over Bird as he waits for the bus?
5. Who does Bird encounter when he leaves the shop?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)