|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Himiko carries Bird to ________________ so he can sleep.
(a) the den.
(b) the spare room.
(c) the living room couch.
(d) her bedroom.
2. What does Bird do to send the gang's fighter to the ground?
(a) Flips him on his back.
(b) Head butts him in the belly.
(c) Hits his head with a rock.
(d) Grabs his legs.
3. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
4. What does Africa represent in Bird's life now?
(b) Spirit of avoidance.
(c) Lost causes.
5. The doctor would like to be present for the baby's __________________.
(c) first birthday party.
6. What is Bird told about the new baby?
(a) The baby is very healthy.
(b) The baby is abnormal.
(c) The baby is premature.
(d) The baby has a deformed heart.
7. Where does Bird go with the doctor to take the baby?
(c) Another hospital.
(d) The morgue.
8. What does Bird do when he realizes that Himiko has gone?
(a) Goes back to the hospital.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Goes back to sleep.
(d) Goes home.
9. What is Bird's mother-in-law doing when he arrives at the hospital?
(b) Hiding her face.
(d) Talking on the phone.
10. Where did Bird get a job when he left graduate school?
(b) A political office.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A cram school.
11. What does Bird tell Himiko?
(a) His baby is dead.
(b) He is divorcing his wife.
(c) He is moving away.
(d) He is going back to school.
12. The older man who comes to Himiko's is a/an ___________________.
(a) abortion doctor.
13. Himiko suggests that in another universe, Bird's baby will live to his __________________.
(a) first birthday.
14. The Hospital Director's behavior makes him appear to be __________________.
15. What condition does the new baby have?
(a) Undeveloped heart.
(b) Spina Bifida.
(d) Brain hernia.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bird catches a glimpse of Himiko's naked body, he ___________________________.
2. It is _______________ that Bird uses sex to avoid responsibility but it is sex that ultimately allows him to take responsibility.
3. What does Bird learn about his son when he sees him in the hospital?
4. The doctor thinks the baby and the parents __________________________.
5. What is Bird afraid of losing now that his child is here?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)