Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Director of the hospital asks Bird if he would like to see ___________________.
(a) the maternity ward.
(b) the goods.
(c) the blood bank.
(d) the surgical suite.
2. What does an outspoken student do when Bird dismisses class early?
(a) Offers to take Bird home.
(b) Shouts out attacks.
(c) Withdraws from class.
(d) Informs the administration.
3. What is Bird afraid of losing now that his child is here?
(a) His sense of identity.
(b) His money.
(c) His time.
(d) His career.
4. What is the profession of the person in #54?
(d) Computer programmer.
5. When Bird catches a glimpse of Himiko's naked body, he ___________________________.
(a) is embarrassed.
(b) thinks she is like a statue.
(c) feels sexual excitement.
(d) feels his juvenile disgust with nudity.
6. What does Bird note about Himiko's apartment?
(a) It has new drapes.
(b) It is freshly painted.
(c) It is dark.
(d) It smells like bread.
7. Where does Bird go after he gets dressed?
(a) To the library.
(b) To work.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To church.
8. The doctor would like to be present for the baby's __________________.
(d) first birthday party.
9. What is the weather like as Bird takes on the gang?
10. How is Bird positioned for his new roles in life?
11. What is Bird dreaming of in Chapter 2?
(a) Being chased by an angry animal.
(b) Playing catch with his son.
(d) Riding a pink unicorn.
12. It is _______________ that Bird uses sex to avoid responsibility but it is sex that ultimately allows him to take responsibility.
13. What does the person in #52 tell Bird?
(a) To bring his wife some clean clothes.
(b) To take the week off from work.
(c) Not to come to the maternity hospital.
(d) To call the hospital billing office.
14. What awakens Bird from his sleep?
(a) A telephone call.
(b) His wife.
(c) An alarm clock.
(d) A gunshot.
15. Bird compares the baby's situation to ______________________.
(a) a saint.
(b) an angel.
(c) a miner.
(d) a wounded war hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. The older man who comes to Himiko's is a/an ___________________.
2. Where did Bird get a job when he left graduate school?
3. What does Bird do when Himiko goes to the shower?
4. How does Bird feel about responsibility for his child?
5. What does Bird do as he reads a short story to his class?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)