|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
2. What does Africa represent in Bird's life now?
(c) Lost causes.
(d) Spirit of avoidance.
3. What comes over Bird as he waits for the bus?
(a) A panic attack.
(b) Paternal feelings.
(c) A strong, angry sexual desire.
(d) The urge to vomit.
4. Where does Bird wake up in Chapter 5?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Himiko's apartment.
(c) His wife's bedside.
(d) His apartment.
5. When does the doctor want Bird to return to the hospital?
(c) This afternoon.
(d) Next week.
6. Who is looking for a fight with Bird?
(a) His mother-in-law.
(b) A gang.
(c) His professor.
(d) His wife.
7. What did the Hospital Director do during the baby's birth?
8. What is the baby's prognosis?
(a) He is brain dead.
(b) He will die within a week.
(c) He will never be normal.
(d) He will grow out of the condition.
9. When Bird catches a glimpse of Himiko's naked body, he ___________________________.
(a) feels sexual excitement.
(b) feels his juvenile disgust with nudity.
(c) is embarrassed.
(d) thinks she is like a statue.
10. What does Bird do when Himiko goes to the shower?
(a) Makes some phone calls.
(b) Takes a nap.
(c) Gets glasses for the whiskey.
(d) Watches television.
11. What is the weather like as Bird takes on the gang?
12. What games does Bird try after talking to his mother-in-law?
(a) A pinball game.
(b) A Grand Prix racing game.
(c) Tests of strength.
(d) Pac Man.
13. What does Bird notice about one of the doctors?
(a) He is bald.
(b) He has a missing finger.
(c) He has a glass eye.
(d) He wears a shoe with a lift.
14. What is known about the person in #79?
(a) He has been diagnosed with a terminal illness.
(b) He has recently moved in with a Japanese girl.
(c) He has recently moved to America.
(d) He is taking a sabbatical.
15. From what is Bird suffering this morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bird told about the new baby?
2. Who does Bird encounter when he leaves the shop?
3. Of what is Bird convinced as he walks through the hospital?
4. To Bird, the baby represents __________________.
5. What does the person in #54 give Bird before he leaves?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)