1. What kind of book is Bird looking at as the novel begins?
(a) Photo album.
(b) Text book.
2. What is Bird contemplating in the book?
(b) His baby pictures.
(c) A map of Africa.
(d) Exam questions.
3. References are made about ________________ giving birth.
(a) Bird's sister.
(b) Bird's wife.
(c) Bird's grandmother.
(d) Bird's mother.
4. For what does Bird ask a sales clerk?
(a) Motor oil.
(b) Road maps of Africa.
(d) Blue shirts.
5. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
6. Who is the central character of the book?
7. What is the state of mind of the main character?
8. Who does Bird encounter when he leaves the shop?
(a) A mime.
(b) A priest.
(c) A transvestite.
(d) A beggar.
9. Bird briefly fantasizes about _______________________.
(a) flying a plane.
(b) an evening with the transvestite.
(c) being wealthy.
10. What did Bird do the summer after he got married?
(a) Stayed drunk for four weeks.
(b) Traveled to Africa.
(c) Took French lessons.
(d) Built a house.
This section contains 4,001 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)