1. What kind of book is Bird looking at as the novel begins?
(c) Text book.
(d) Photo album.
2. What is Bird contemplating in the book?
(a) A map of Africa.
(c) His baby pictures.
(d) Exam questions.
3. References are made about ________________ giving birth.
(a) Bird's grandmother.
(b) Bird's sister.
(c) Bird's wife.
(d) Bird's mother.
4. For what does Bird ask a sales clerk?
(a) Blue shirts.
(b) Motor oil.
(c) Road maps of Africa.
5. What place has Bird always wanted to visit?
6. Who is the central character of the book?
7. What is the state of mind of the main character?
8. Who does Bird encounter when he leaves the shop?
(a) A transvestite.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A priest.
(d) A mime.
9. Bird briefly fantasizes about _______________________.
(a) flying a plane.
(b) an evening with the transvestite.
(d) being wealthy.
10. What did Bird do the summer after he got married?
(a) Built a house.
(b) Took French lessons.
(c) Stayed drunk for four weeks.
(d) Traveled to Africa.
This section contains 4,001 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)