|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does James embrace after his harrowing tooth experience?
(a) A receptionist
(b) Dr. Stevens
(c) The nurse
2. Why does James take such hot showers?
(a) To pay for his sins
(b) To get rid of germs
(c) To get clean
(d) Because the only water available very hot
3. Who comes with James to help him check into the rehab clinic?
(a) No one
(b) His family
(c) His girlfriend
(d) His brother
4. What does James believe are also an addiction?
(a) AA meetings
5. Who lends James a shirt when his becomes stained with vomit?
6. What celebrity does James think Leonard looks like, at least he thought so when he was in his sedated state?
(a) Brad Pitt
(b) Alan Rickman
(c) Gene Hackman
(d) Morgan Freeman
7. What does James seem to have for the other patients in the clinic which is surprising to the reader?
(a) No emotions
8. What has happened to James' front teeth?
(a) They're chipped
(b) They're gone
(d) They're crooked
9. How old is James Frey at the start of this book when he is flying home to his parents?
10. In what city does James' plane land?
(a) New York
11. Within the narrative, what technique does Frey use to convey the feelings of pain?
(a) Exact grammar
(c) Iambic pentameter
12. Who wants James to leave because of the altercation?
13. What does James want brought to him from the waiting room?
(a) A small toy ring
(b) A rattle
(c) Dr. Seuss book
(d) Babar the Elephant book
14. What is the name of the Unit Recovery Counselor?
15. One of the rules of the clinic is no ___________ of any kind or James will be kicked out of the program.
(a) Betting or gambling
(b) Substance abuse
(d) Bad manners
Short Answer Questions
1. How many medications does James need in order to sedate himself and protect himself from withdrawal symptoms?
2. Where does James want to go after his painful appointment?
3. What urge does James have to fight when he receives gifts from his brother and his brother's friends?
4. What does James send out to the missing patient?
5. What can James not do when he looks in the mirror?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)