|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands his ground when another patient confronts him and threatens him?
2. What does James want brought to him from the waiting room?
(a) A small toy ring
(b) Dr. Seuss book
(c) A rattle
(d) Babar the Elephant book
3. What happens to James as he continues to be very angry?
(a) He is taken to jail.
(b) He is kicked out of the program.
(c) He is sedated.
(d) He is taken to solitary confinement.
4. Who wants to keep James at the clinic, even after his altercation?
5. What can James NOT have during his visit with the doctor?
(a) Sharp objects
(b) Pain medication
(c) His wallet
6. What does Hank give to James to help him during the procedure?
(a) A CD
(b) Two tennis balls
(c) A book
(d) A picture
7. What has been neglected since James has been recovering from oral surgery?
(a) The laundry
(b) Group toilets
(c) The book piles
(d) The bathroom shower
8. AA is something James views as a _______ for people who have ultimately chosen to be addicted.
9. What has to happen to James from this point on in order to keep him from hurting himself during the detox process?
(a) He has to be sedated.
(b) He needs to have drugs again in order to sllow this process down.
(c) He has to be restrained in his bed.
(d) Nothing is done.
10. What is in James' cheek when he wakes up on the plane?
(b) A hole
(c) A wad of dip
11. What does James put in his mouth in his second User Dream?
12. One of the rules of the clinic is no ___________ of any kind or James will be kicked out of the program.
(a) Betting or gambling
(b) Substance abuse
(d) Bad manners
13. What is the name of the Unit Recovery Counselor?
14. What does James drink until he blacks out after the uncomfortable moment in the kitchen?
15. What do James and the other patients do in order to support him?
(a) Take him outside
(b) Bring him to Ken
(c) Avoid the topic by playing cards and telling jokes
(d) Hug him
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does James get sick in the process of cleaning the toilets?
2. What is James suffering from during this chapter?
3. Where is James told to get up from as it is where another person says they belong?
4. Where did James sleep after the incident with the man in #25?
5. How many days does James agree to stay at the clinic in his agreement with Leonard?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)