Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapter 1, Homo Sapiens, Chapter 2, Types of Men
1. How has Mencken organized his book?
2. What subject does Mencken begin his volume with?
3. Which is NOT one of Mencken's view of humankind as expressed in Chapter 1?
4. What comparison does Mencken make between man and animal in Chapter 1?
5. What is Man's one unique characteristic, per Chapter 1?
6. What is the consequence of someone believing in God, according to Mencken in Chapter 1?
7. What is Mencken's opinion of the belief that man has a soul, according to Chapter 1?
8. What does the "romantic" type of person inevitably do?
9. What does the "believer" type of person inevitably do?
This section contains 2,087 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)