Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alice so sad about the loss of the farm?
2. Who is the real estate agent who comes to view Howard's farm?
3. Where does Howard get a job?
4. Which of the following is NOT something about court that Theresa compares to religion?
5. Alice's trial is set for which month?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Hamilton's use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author uses them where she does.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Theresa. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point?
Essay Topic 3
Prejudice takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite three examples that support this position.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)