Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alice so sad about the loss of the farm?
2. Who is the real estate agent who comes to view Howard's farm?
3. Where does Howard get a job?
4. Which of the following is NOT something about court that Theresa compares to religion?
5. Alice's trial is set for which month?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
Hamilton is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Theresa. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)