Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alice so sad about the loss of the farm?
2. Who is the real estate agent who comes to view Howard's farm?
3. Where does Howard get a job?
4. Which of the following is NOT something about court that Theresa compares to religion?
5. Alice's trial is set for which month?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of religion. Identify at least two examples about religion in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of religion.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of the passage of time is an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of the passage of time throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Hamilton is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)