|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cared for Alice when her mother died?
(a) Grandma Jane.
(b) Aunt Maggie.
(c) Her father.
(d) Aunt Kate.
2. Which of the following does Howard NOT tell Alice on the ride home from the funeral?
(a) To forget Glevitch.
(b) How sad the tiny coffin was.
(c) To go to bed.
(d) To make dinner.
3. Who is Theresa's husband?
4. Who are Alice's daughters?
(a) Emma and Sara.
(b) Amy and Suzanne.
(c) Emma and Claire.
(d) Allison and Claire.
5. Why will Nellie be in Romania for two months?
(a) To visit relatives.
(b) To study.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To care for sick children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alice wishes that Howard could _____________________.
2. Who is one of Alice's most troubling patients?
3. What is Alice's job?
4. Who is Alice's mother-in-law?
5. Alice guiltily rejoices that _______________ is out of danger.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Nellie and what is her relationship with the Goodwins?
2. On what does Howard base the entirety of his legal knowledge?
3. What is revealed about Alice and Howard's religious beliefs?
4. How does the topic of reincarnation figure into Alice's thoughts now?
5. What comment does Alice call out when the officers question her and how can it be detrimental for her?
6. What is the nature of the impromptu meeting between Alice and Theresa in the apple orchard?
7. What is the purpose of Chapter 7 and how will Nellie's departure mean volatility?
8. What advice does Rafferty give Alice and what does Howard worry about, given Alice's history?
9. How does A MAP OF THE WORLD begin?
10. What is the relationship between Alice and her mother-in-law, Nellie, after Lizzy's funeral?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)