|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alice plan to take her and Theresa's daughters to escape the summer heat?
(a) The pond on their farm.
(b) The mall.
(c) The city pool.
(d) The amusement park.
2. What is Theresa doing when Alice sees her?
3. What does Howard want to throw at Miss Bowman when he picks up the girls?
(a) His keys.
(b) A rock.
(c) A book.
(d) A glass.
4. Howard's mother treats him like __________________.
(a) An idiot.
(b) An afterthought.
(c) A hero.
(d) An infant.
5. How supportive is Howard as Alice worries about attending the funeral?
(a) He is of no help.
(b) He knows the perfect thing to say.
(c) He tries but falls short.
(d) He is overly attentive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color of prison garb does Alice wear?
2. About what does Howard try to assure Alice?
3. Where does Alice live?
4. Which attorney does Alice want Howard to call?
5. How old was Alice when her mother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Nellie and what is her relationship with the Goodwins?
2. What is the nature of the impromptu meeting between Alice and Theresa in the apple orchard?
3. What comment does Alice call out when the officers question her and how can it be detrimental for her?
4. What is the nature of the relationship between Alice and Howard at this point?
5. What thoughts does Alice have regarding God that show her elementary thinking on the topic?
6. Describe the School Board meeting when Alice runs away.
7. How does the author use foreshadowing by introducing Robbie Mackessy's mother in the hospital lounge scene?
8. Why do the police officers wait outside the restroom and why do they want to question Alice?
9. On what does Howard base the entirety of his legal knowledge?
10. How do Mrs. Mackessy and Mrs. M.L. Glevitch push Alice to the breaking point at Lizzy's funeral?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)