|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice never expected to live past the age of _______________.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Alice sleeps for days?
(a) She resents hard farm life.
(b) She is on morphine.
(c) She is unable to cope with her house and children.
(d) She feels alone in her disgrace.
3. Which attorney does Alice want Howard to call?
(a) Edward Pearson.
(b) Donald Mulligan.
(c) James Hall.
(d) Paul Rafferty.
4. When does the enormity of Lizzy's death hit Howard?
(a) While tucking his daughters in at night.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) In front of her coffin.
(d) While doing his farmwork.
5. To whom had Alice reported her slapping a student?
(a) No one.
(b) The principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the arresting officers allow Alice to take with her?
2. How many felony counts does Alice face?
3. What is Alice's last name?
4. What is Carol's last name?
5. One of the girls has told a story about Alice's inappropriate discussion about ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alice feel about Rafferty's plans for her and for the trial?
2. What is Alice's job and why did she enter into this career field?
3. Describe Theresa's last night with Howard and the girls.
4. What is the purpose of Chapter 7 and how will Nellie's departure mean volatility?
5. What is Alice's perspective on forgiveness by the end of the novel?
6. What is Howard's perspective on the Goethe quote carved above the courthouse entrance?
7. Why is the lunch between Theresa and Alice so awkward?
8. How does the author show that Alice's thoughts on religion are still very elementary?
9. How does Howard describe his state of confusion in Chapter 11?
10. Why do the police officers wait outside the restroom and why do they want to question Alice?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)