|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's job?
(d) School nurse.
2. What is Theresa's last name?
3. Who is the Collins' remaining daughter?
4. What is Theresa doing when Alice sees her?
5. Where does Alice work?
(a) Racine Medical Center.
(b) The Gap.
(c) Blackwell Elementary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howard warn Alice not to do in church?
2. Alice guiltily rejoices that _______________ is out of danger.
3. What does Nellie advise Howard to do regarding Alice?
4. One of the girls has told a story about Alice's inappropriate discussion about ____________________.
5. What does Susannah Brooks do when Howard asks her to watch the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the impromptu meeting between Alice and Theresa in the apple orchard?
2. What is the tragedy that occurs early in the story?
3. How do Mrs. Mackessy and Mrs. M.L. Glevitch push Alice to the breaking point at Lizzy's funeral?
4. What is the nature of the relationship between Alice and Howard at this point?
5. What is the purpose of Chapter 7 and how will Nellie's departure mean volatility?
6. Why does Alice compare herself to Mr. Rochester's mad wife in JANE EYRE?
7. What thoughts does Alice have regarding God that show her elementary thinking on the topic?
8. Describe the School Board meeting when Alice runs away.
9. What advice does Theresa get from her friend, Albert, regarding mourning for Lizzy?
10. What is the purpose of the shopping trip to get Howard a new suit?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)