|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard wants Alice to get ______________________.
(a) Professional help.
(b) Some new clothes.
(c) A pilot's license.
(d) A used car.
2. Alice is compared to which fictional character?
(a) Becky Thatcher.
(b) Anna Karenina.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) Scarlett O'Hara.
3. Alice is in jail in which town?
4. Alice meets a young __________________ minister whom she considers a phony.
5. What does Howard's mother tell him he needs to buy?
(a) Bunk beds for the girls.
(b) A new suit.
(c) A new car.
(d) Flowers for Alice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Theresa doing when Alice sees her?
2. Alice wishes that Howard could _____________________.
3. When does the enormity of Lizzy's death hit Howard?
4. Where does Alice live?
5. What does Susannah Brooks do when Howard asks her to watch the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Alice's mother recording Laura Ingalls Wilder's LITTLE HOUSE IN THE BIG WOODS?
2. Describe Theresa's last night with Howard and the girls.
3. How does the author use foreshadowing by introducing Robbie Mackessy's mother in the hospital lounge scene?
4. What thoughts does Alice have regarding God that show her elementary thinking on the topic?
5. What is Alice's perspective on forgiveness by the end of the novel?
6. What are the details of Howard's sale of the farm and how much does he accept for its purchase?
7. How does Alice feel about Rafferty's plans for her and for the trial?
8. How does Howard describe his state of confusion in Chapter 11?
9. How do the girls adapt to "hobo life" as Howard calls their apartment adventure?
10. What comment does Alice call out when the officers question her and how can it be detrimental for her?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)