|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Alice been doing constantly lately?
(c) Biting her nails.
2. How many felony counts does Alice face?
3. What did Theresa once do for the man in #47?
(a) Organized fundraisers.
(b) Cleaned house.
(c) Wrote sermons.
(d) Helped him avoid a nervous breakdown.
4. Where does Alice go to avoid a talk with Nellie?
(a) The grocery.
(b) The mall.
(c) The library.
(d) The pond.
5. What is Alice's job?
(c) School nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Howard play after dinner?
2. Who does Howard find to watch the girls while he goes to visit Alice in jail?
3. What does Howard think about while waiting to see Alice in jail?
4. When does the enormity of Lizzy's death hit Howard?
5. What does Alice make Howard promise he will not do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Mrs. Mackessy and Mrs. M.L. Glevitch push Alice to the breaking point at Lizzy's funeral?
2. What is the purpose of the shopping trip to get Howard a new suit?
3. What stresses wear on Howard both at home and with Alice's incarceration?
4. What is the relationship between Alice and her mother-in-law, Nellie, after Lizzy's funeral?
5. What is the importance of Alice's mother recording Laura Ingalls Wilder's LITTLE HOUSE IN THE BIG WOODS?
6. What is the tragedy that occurs early in the story?
7. What bizarre ideas does Alice have regarding sacrifice in Christian beliefs?
8. What is the nature of the relationship between Alice and Howard at this point?
9. Why do the police officers wait outside the restroom and why do they want to question Alice?
10. What is the significance of the maps of the world that Alice had drawn as a child?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)