|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays for Alice's college degree?
2. Alice wishes that Howard could _____________________.
(a) Sense her pain.
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) Tell better jokes.
(d) Write love letters.
3. Which student had Alice slapped in a moment of extreme frustration?
4. What does Howard warn Alice not to do in church?
5. Alice has to attend a school board meeting to discuss ______________________.
(a) Her contract.
(b) Snow days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice go when she runs out of the school board meeting?
2. Alice's bail is set at what amount?
3. Alice has had no grounding in __________________.
4. What had been Alice's version of church while growing up?
5. What does Alice do when the police arrive to arrest her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Alice's mother recording Laura Ingalls Wilder's LITTLE HOUSE IN THE BIG WOODS?
2. What is revealed about Alice and Howard's religious beliefs?
3. How does A MAP OF THE WORLD begin?
4. What bizarre ideas does Alice have regarding sacrifice in Christian beliefs?
5. What is Alice's job and why did she enter into this career field?
6. How do Mrs. Mackessy and Mrs. M.L. Glevitch push Alice to the breaking point at Lizzy's funeral?
7. What thoughts does Alice have regarding God that show her elementary thinking on the topic?
8. What advice does Theresa get from her friend, Albert, regarding mourning for Lizzy?
9. What is the nature of the impromptu meeting between Alice and Theresa in the apple orchard?
10. What is the purpose of the shopping trip to get Howard a new suit?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)