|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice feels that she and Theresa are friends just like two characters in which classic television show?
(a) Leave it to Beaver.
(b) All in the Family.
(d) The Dick Van Dyke Show.
2. How old was Alice when her mother died?
3. One of the girls has told a story about Alice's inappropriate discussion about ____________________.
(a) A tampon.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The principal.
(d) The captain of the football team.
4. Who are Alice's daughters?
(a) Amy and Suzanne.
(b) Emma and Sara.
(c) Allison and Claire.
(d) Emma and Claire.
5. Alice wishes that Howard could _____________________.
(a) Tell better jokes.
(b) Write love letters.
(c) Leave her alone.
(d) Sense her pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howard want to throw at Miss Bowman when he picks up the girls?
2. To whom had Alice reported her slapping a student?
3. Alice is sure that God could not let __________________.
4. Who is Theresa's husband?
5. Who is Alice's mother-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Howard and the girls prepare to move out of the farmhouse?
2. How does Howard react to Alice's arrest, especially noting Alice's behavior?
3. What is the purpose of the shopping trip to get Howard a new suit?
4. How does Theresa compare court to church?
5. What information is Howard able to give Rafferty about Alice's past as well as his own?
6. What is Theresa's view on mercy at this point in her life?
7. How does the topic of reincarnation figure into Alice's thoughts now?
8. What does Theresa tell Howard regarding her feelings about her and her life with Dan now?
9. What is Alice's only demand on Howard when she goes to jail?
10. How does A MAP OF THE WORLD begin?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)