|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alice live?
(c) Prairie Center.
(d) Sioux Falls.
2. Alice asks Howard not to tell Nellie or ___________________.
(a) The girls.
(b) Move away.
(c) Divorce her.
(d) Sell their land.
3. What does Alice beg Lizzy to do after she bolts from the church?
(a) To come back.
(b) To help her parents.
(c) To forgive her.
(d) To sing.
4. Which of Theresa's daughters drowns in Alice's pond?
5. What does Howard think about while waiting to see Alice in jail?
(a) Swimming naked with her.
(b) Their wedding day.
(c) Last Christmas.
(d) The day they met.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Theresa's husband?
2. Lizzy's family practices what religion?
3. At the school board meeting, Alice wants to _____________________.
4. Alice jokes that jail is _____________________.
5. What did Theresa once do for the man in #47?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Nellie and what is her relationship with the Goodwins?
2. What is the significance of the maps of the world that Alice had drawn as a child?
3. What bizarre ideas does Alice have regarding sacrifice in Christian beliefs?
4. What is Alice's only demand on Howard when she goes to jail?
5. How does A MAP OF THE WORLD begin?
6. What is the purpose of Chapter 7 and how will Nellie's departure mean volatility?
7. On what does Howard base the entirety of his legal knowledge?
8. What is Alice's job and why did she enter into this career field?
9. How does the author use foreshadowing by introducing Robbie Mackessy's mother in the hospital lounge scene?
10. What thoughts does Alice have regarding God that show her elementary thinking on the topic?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)