|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howard warn Alice not to do in church?
2. How old was Alice when her mother died?
3. Who is Robbie Mackessy?
(a) The superintendent's son.
(b) A school bus driver.
(c) A kindergarten teacher.
(d) An uncooperative student.
4. Where does Alice plan to take her and Theresa's daughters to escape the summer heat?
(a) The pond on their farm.
(b) The amusement park.
(c) The mall.
(d) The city pool.
5. How supportive is Howard as Alice worries about attending the funeral?
(a) He knows the perfect thing to say.
(b) He is of no help.
(c) He is overly attentive.
(d) He tries but falls short.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Alice had a confrontation with Mrs. Mackessy?
2. Howard wants Alice to get ______________________.
3. What instrument does Howard play after dinner?
4. Howard's mother treats him like __________________.
5. Who is the Collins' remaining daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the relationship between Alice and Howard at this point?
2. What is Alice's job and why did she enter into this career field?
3. What is the purpose of Chapter 7 and how will Nellie's departure mean volatility?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing by introducing Robbie Mackessy's mother in the hospital lounge scene?
5. What bizarre ideas does Alice have regarding sacrifice in Christian beliefs?
6. Why does Alice compare herself to Mr. Rochester's mad wife in JANE EYRE?
7. What is the purpose of the shopping trip to get Howard a new suit?
8. How does Howard react to Alice's arrest, especially noting Alice's behavior?
9. What is the importance of Alice's mother recording Laura Ingalls Wilder's LITTLE HOUSE IN THE BIG WOODS?
10. How do Mrs. Mackessy and Mrs. M.L. Glevitch push Alice to the breaking point at Lizzy's funeral?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)