|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the former parish priest whom Theresa visits?
(a) Bill Roberts.
(b) Mario Santini.
(c) Paul Shannon.
(d) Albert Satinga.
2. Who pays for Alice's college degree?
3. Who is one of Alice's most troubling patients?
(a) Evan Roberts.
(b) Brian Voiles.
(c) Eric McKenzie.
(d) Robbie Mackessy.
4. What color of prison garb does Alice wear?
5. Where does Alice go when she bolts from the church?
(a) A cafe.
(b) Her home.
(c) A grove of trees.
(d) Her car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Howard play after dinner?
2. Alice never expected to live past the age of _______________.
3. Where does Alice plan to take her and Theresa's daughters to escape the summer heat?
4. Which of the following does Howard NOT tell Alice on the ride home from the funeral?
5. What does Howard think about while waiting to see Alice in jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Alice's mother recording Laura Ingalls Wilder's LITTLE HOUSE IN THE BIG WOODS?
2. What comment does Alice call out when the officers question her and how can it be detrimental for her?
3. What is revealed about Alice and Howard's religious beliefs?
4. What is the tragedy that occurs early in the story?
5. How does the topic of reincarnation figure into Alice's thoughts now?
6. How does A MAP OF THE WORLD begin?
7. Who is Nellie and what is her relationship with the Goodwins?
8. On what does Howard base the entirety of his legal knowledge?
9. What is Alice's only demand on Howard when she goes to jail?
10. Describe the School Board meeting when Alice runs away.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)