|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howard want to throw at Miss Bowman when he picks up the girls?
(a) His keys.
(b) A glass.
(c) A book.
(d) A rock.
2. Who are Alice's daughters?
(a) Emma and Sara.
(b) Amy and Suzanne.
(c) Emma and Claire.
(d) Allison and Claire.
3. Who pays for Alice's college degree?
4. Where does Alice live?
(b) Prairie Center.
(c) Sioux Falls.
5. Who is the principal of Blackwell Elementary?
(a) Steve Jacoby.
(b) David Henskin.
(c) Marty Caskey.
(d) Gus Gilbert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Alice be characterized?
2. Alice wishes that Howard could _____________________.
3. Lizzy's family practices what religion?
4. Which of the following does Howard NOT tell Alice on the ride home from the funeral?
5. Where does Alice go to avoid a talk with Nellie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the shopping trip to get Howard a new suit?
2. What is Alice's job and why did she enter into this career field?
3. What is revealed about Alice and Howard's religious beliefs?
4. What is the nature of the impromptu meeting between Alice and Theresa in the apple orchard?
5. What bizarre ideas does Alice have regarding sacrifice in Christian beliefs?
6. On what does Howard base the entirety of his legal knowledge?
7. Describe the behavior of Howard and Alice in the church for Lizzy's funeral.
8. How does Howard react to Alice's arrest, especially noting Alice's behavior?
9. What is the tragedy that occurs early in the story?
10. Why do the police officers wait outside the restroom and why do they want to question Alice?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)