|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice never expected to live past the age of _______________.
2. About what does Howard try to assure Alice?
(a) That she will get the new job.
(b) That she is still beautiful.
(c) That no one blames her for Lizzy's death.
(d) That she has the talent to play piano.
3. What does Howard want to throw at Miss Bowman when he picks up the girls?
(a) His keys.
(b) A glass.
(c) A book.
(d) A rock.
4. What color of prison garb does Alice wear?
5. Alice has to attend a school board meeting to discuss ______________________.
(a) Snow days.
(d) Her contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Collins' remaining daughter?
2. What do the arresting officers allow Alice to take with her?
3. Theresa tells Alice that she saw _____________________________.
4. Alice is compared to which fictional character?
5. Where is Alice taking the girls when the police arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Rafferty give Alice and what does Howard worry about, given Alice's history?
2. What bizarre ideas does Alice have regarding sacrifice in Christian beliefs?
3. Describe the School Board meeting when Alice runs away.
4. What is the purpose of Chapter 7 and how will Nellie's departure mean volatility?
5. What is the nature of the relationship between Alice and Howard at this point?
6. Who is Nellie and what is her relationship with the Goodwins?
7. What is the relationship between Alice and her mother-in-law, Nellie, after Lizzy's funeral?
8. What is revealed about Alice and Howard's religious beliefs?
9. What is Alice's job and why did she enter into this career field?
10. What advice does Theresa get from her friend, Albert, regarding mourning for Lizzy?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)