|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theresa doing when Alice sees her?
2. Which of the following does Howard NOT tell Alice on the ride home from the funeral?
(a) To go to bed.
(b) To make dinner.
(c) How sad the tiny coffin was.
(d) To forget Glevitch.
3. Who is Alice's mother-in-law?
4. Who does Howard find to watch the girls while he goes to visit Alice in jail?
(b) Miss Bowman.
(c) Mrs. Sarver.
(d) Principal Henskin.
5. Alice meets a young __________________ minister whom she considers a phony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Howard play after dinner?
2. Alice wishes that Howard could _____________________.
3. What does Howard warn Alice not to do in church?
4. Where does Alice go when she runs out of the school board meeting?
5. Who pays for Alice's college degree?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alice compare herself to Mr. Rochester's mad wife in JANE EYRE?
2. How does the topic of reincarnation figure into Alice's thoughts now?
3. What comment does Alice call out when the officers question her and how can it be detrimental for her?
4. How does the author show that Alice's thoughts on religion are still very elementary?
5. What is Alice's only demand on Howard when she goes to jail?
6. What is the importance of Alice's mother recording Laura Ingalls Wilder's LITTLE HOUSE IN THE BIG WOODS?
7. What is Alice's job and why did she enter into this career field?
8. What advice does Rafferty give Alice and what does Howard worry about, given Alice's history?
9. What is the purpose of the shopping trip to get Howard a new suit?
10. What is the tragedy that occurs early in the story?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)