|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had been Alice's version of church while growing up?
(a) Folk dancing with her aunt.
(b) Listening to music.
(c) Sitting by a stream.
2. Who cared for Alice when her mother died?
(a) Her father.
(b) Aunt Maggie.
(c) Aunt Kate.
(d) Grandma Jane.
3. What is Alice's job?
(a) School nurse.
4. Alice needs Howard's help to ___________________.
(d) Play piano.
5. Nellie's money always comes to Alice and Howard _______________________.
(b) Via a money order.
(c) With strings attached.
(d) In the form of a check.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alice's last name?
2. Alice could receive a penalty of a $100,000 fine and ____________ years in prison.
3. Who are Alice's daughters?
4. When does the enormity of Lizzy's death hit Howard?
5. Which of the following does Howard NOT tell Alice on the ride home from the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alice's only demand on Howard when she goes to jail?
2. Who is Nellie and what is her relationship with the Goodwins?
3. What is the nature of the impromptu meeting between Alice and Theresa in the apple orchard?
4. What is the nature of the relationship between Alice and Howard at this point?
5. What comment does Alice call out when the officers question her and how can it be detrimental for her?
6. How does A MAP OF THE WORLD begin?
7. What thoughts does Alice have regarding God that show her elementary thinking on the topic?
8. Describe the behavior of Howard and Alice in the church for Lizzy's funeral.
9. What is the purpose of Chapter 7 and how will Nellie's departure mean volatility?
10. What is the purpose of the shopping trip to get Howard a new suit?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)