|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice asks Howard not to tell Nellie or ___________________.
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Move away.
(c) The girls.
(d) Sell their land.
2. Who is the former parish priest whom Theresa visits?
(a) Bill Roberts.
(b) Albert Satinga.
(c) Paul Shannon.
(d) Mario Santini.
3. Alice is in jail in which town?
4. Alice feels that she and Theresa are friends just like two characters in which classic television show?
(a) All in the Family.
(b) The Dick Van Dyke Show.
(d) Leave it to Beaver.
5. Who is the principal of Blackwell Elementary?
(a) David Henskin.
(b) Marty Caskey.
(c) Steve Jacoby.
(d) Gus Gilbert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nellie's money always comes to Alice and Howard _______________________.
2. How supportive is Howard as Alice worries about attending the funeral?
3. Alice is arrested on charges of _________________.
4. Which of the following is something that does NOT worry Howard?
5. What is Alice's husband's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alice's only demand on Howard when she goes to jail?
2. What advice does Theresa get from her friend, Albert, regarding mourning for Lizzy?
3. What comment does Alice call out when the officers question her and how can it be detrimental for her?
4. What advice does Rafferty give Alice and what does Howard worry about, given Alice's history?
5. How does the author show that Alice's thoughts on religion are still very elementary?
6. What thoughts does Alice have regarding God that show her elementary thinking on the topic?
7. How does A MAP OF THE WORLD begin?
8. Describe the behavior of Howard and Alice in the church for Lizzy's funeral.
9. On what does Howard base the entirety of his legal knowledge?
10. How does the topic of reincarnation figure into Alice's thoughts now?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)