|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice do when the police arrive to arrest her?
(d) Lies on the grass.
2. What does Nellie advise Howard to do regarding Alice?
(a) Give her time to recover.
(b) Get her mind off the tragedy.
(c) Have her move out of town.
(d) Divorce her.
3. Who is one of Alice's most troubling patients?
(a) Eric McKenzie.
(b) Robbie Mackessy.
(c) Brian Voiles.
(d) Evan Roberts.
4. Where does Alice see Theresa?
(a) The mall.
(b) The woods.
(c) The grocery.
5. Who is Theresa's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alice needs Howard's help to ___________________.
2. How can Alice be characterized?
3. At the school board meeting, Alice wants to _____________________.
4. Alice guiltily rejoices that _______________ is out of danger.
5. What is Alice's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can it be said that the legal system is little more than posturing and tearing down?
2. What is the nature of the relationship between Alice and Howard at this point?
3. How does Alice refer to her map of the world while describing her jail experience?
4. What is Alice's perspective on Nellie's so-called generosity?
5. What is Howard's perspective on the Goethe quote carved above the courthouse entrance?
6. What comment does Alice call out when the officers question her and how can it be detrimental for her?
7. What is the purpose of the interviews conducted with Alice's daughters and the Child Welfare Office?
8. How does Alice describe jail and why is it so difficult for her?
9. What is the context of Alice's testimony on the stand?
10. How do Howard and the girls prepare to move out of the farmhouse?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)