|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Howard play after dinner?
2. Alice never expected to live past the age of _______________.
3. Howard urges Alice to bear up for _____________________.
(a) Their marriage.
(b) Her own self esteem.
(c) Public appearances.
(d) The sake of their daughters.
4. Who is the woman who gossips at the funeral?
(a) Mrs. R.L. Shroyer.
(b) Mrs. C.A. Hall.
(c) Mrs. M.L. Glevitch.
(d) Mrs. C.L. Goodpaster.
5. Alice is sure that God could not let __________________.
(a) Emma have leukemia.
(b) A toddler die.
(c) Howard leave her.
(d) A tornado destroy the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alice asks Howard not to tell Nellie or ___________________.
2. What do the arresting officers allow Alice to take with her?
3. Which student had Alice slapped in a moment of extreme frustration?
4. Where does Lizzy die?
5. What does Alice make Howard promise he will not do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tragedy that occurs early in the story?
2. How does A MAP OF THE WORLD begin?
3. On what does Howard base the entirety of his legal knowledge?
4. Describe the School Board meeting when Alice runs away.
5. What comment does Alice call out when the officers question her and how can it be detrimental for her?
6. How do Mrs. Mackessy and Mrs. M.L. Glevitch push Alice to the breaking point at Lizzy's funeral?
7. What is Alice's only demand on Howard when she goes to jail?
8. Describe how Howard's life has changed due to harassing phone calls and reporters.
9. What advice does Rafferty give Alice and what does Howard worry about, given Alice's history?
10. What is revealed about Alice and Howard's religious beliefs?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)