|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cared for Alice when her mother died?
(a) Grandma Jane.
(b) Aunt Maggie.
(c) Aunt Kate.
(d) Her father.
2. What is Theresa doing when Alice sees her?
3. Where does Alice plan to take her and Theresa's daughters to escape the summer heat?
(a) The mall.
(b) The amusement park.
(c) The pond on their farm.
(d) The city pool.
4. Where does Lizzy die?
(a) At school.
(b) In her father's arms.
(c) In the street.
(d) In her room
5. Where does Alice go when she bolts from the church?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her car.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A grove of trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which attorney does Alice want Howard to call?
2. Who is the woman who gossips at the funeral?
3. Theresa tells Alice that she saw _____________________________.
4. What does Alice do when the police arrive to arrest her?
5. What instrument does Howard play after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alice's only demand on Howard when she goes to jail?
2. What bizarre ideas does Alice have regarding sacrifice in Christian beliefs?
3. What advice does Rafferty give Alice and what does Howard worry about, given Alice's history?
4. What is the purpose of Chapter 7 and how will Nellie's departure mean volatility?
5. What is revealed about Alice and Howard's religious beliefs?
6. How does the author show that Alice's thoughts on religion are still very elementary?
7. What is the nature of the impromptu meeting between Alice and Theresa in the apple orchard?
8. What is the significance of the maps of the world that Alice had drawn as a child?
9. Why does Alice compare herself to Mr. Rochester's mad wife in JANE EYRE?
10. How does the topic of reincarnation figure into Alice's thoughts now?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)