|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howard's mother tell him he needs to buy?
(a) A new car.
(b) Flowers for Alice.
(c) A new suit.
(d) Bunk beds for the girls.
2. Alice could receive a penalty of a $100,000 fine and ____________ years in prison.
3. Which of the following is something that does NOT worry Howard?
(a) Controlling Alice's outbursts.
(b) Getting Easter dresses for the girls.
(c) The girls' complaints about his cooking.
(d) The drought problems.
4. What has Alice been doing constantly lately?
(c) Biting her nails.
5. Who are Alice's daughters?
(a) Emma and Claire.
(b) Emma and Sara.
(c) Allison and Claire.
(d) Amy and Suzanne.
6. Alice asks Howard not to tell Nellie or ___________________.
(a) Move away.
(b) The girls.
(c) Sell their land.
(d) Divorce her.
7. What is Alice's job?
(c) School nurse.
8. Which of Theresa's daughters drowns in Alice's pond?
9. What is Theresa's last name?
10. Who is the principal of Blackwell Elementary?
(a) Marty Caskey.
(b) David Henskin.
(c) Gus Gilbert.
(d) Steve Jacoby.
11. Alice is arrested on charges of _________________.
(a) Sexually assaulting students.
(b) Insurance fraud.
12. Who is Alice's husband?
13. Lizzy's family practices what religion?
14. Why had Alice had a confrontation with Mrs. Mackessy?
(a) She did not vote for the school levy.
(b) She hit her car in the parking lot.
(c) She sent her son to school when he was very ill.
(d) She said derogatory things about Claire.
15. Which attorney does Alice want Howard to call?
(a) Edward Pearson.
(b) Donald Mulligan.
(c) James Hall.
(d) Paul Rafferty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Howard NOT tell Alice on the ride home from the funeral?
2. Howard urges Alice to bear up for _____________________.
3. Alice guiltily rejoices that _______________ is out of danger.
4. How many felony counts does Alice face?
5. Where does Howard's mother live?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)