|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carol's last name?
2. Where does Alice live?
(a) Prairie Center.
(b) Sioux Falls.
3. What does Alice do when the police arrive to arrest her?
(b) Lies on the grass.
4. What does Howard think about while waiting to see Alice in jail?
(a) Their wedding day.
(b) The day they met.
(c) Swimming naked with her.
(d) Last Christmas.
5. What is Theresa doing when Alice sees her?
6. One of the girls has told a story about Alice's inappropriate discussion about ____________________.
(a) The captain of the football team.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The principal.
(d) A tampon.
7. How supportive is Howard as Alice worries about attending the funeral?
(a) He is overly attentive.
(b) He is of no help.
(c) He knows the perfect thing to say.
(d) He tries but falls short.
8. Why had Alice had a confrontation with Mrs. Mackessy?
(a) She sent her son to school when he was very ill.
(b) She did not vote for the school levy.
(c) She said derogatory things about Claire.
(d) She hit her car in the parking lot.
9. Which of the following is something that does NOT worry Howard?
(a) Controlling Alice's outbursts.
(b) The girls' complaints about his cooking.
(c) The drought problems.
(d) Getting Easter dresses for the girls.
10. Alice asks Howard not to tell Nellie or ___________________.
(a) The girls.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Sell their land.
(d) Move away.
11. What does Howard think about the prayers at the hospital?
(a) They are a waste of time.
(b) They can't hurt.
(c) They are guiding Lizzy into the next world.
(d) They are necessary for consolation.
12. Where does Alice go when she bolts from the church?
(a) A cafe.
(b) Her home.
(c) A grove of trees.
(d) Her car.
13. Nellie's money always comes to Alice and Howard _______________________.
(a) With strings attached.
(b) Via a money order.
(c) In the form of a check.
14. Who is Robbie Mackessy?
(a) A kindergarten teacher.
(b) The superintendent's son.
(c) A school bus driver.
(d) An uncooperative student.
15. Who does Howard find to watch the girls while he goes to visit Alice in jail?
(a) Mrs. Sarver.
(c) Miss Bowman.
(d) Principal Henskin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice think of Carol?
2. Where do Alice and Theresa meet unexpectedly?
3. Who pays for Alice's college degree?
4. Which student had Alice slapped in a moment of extreme frustration?
5. To whom had Alice reported her slapping a student?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)