|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theresa tells Alice that she saw _____________________________.
(a) The launch of the Space Shuttle.
(b) The highway shining with the Holy Spirit.
(c) The lunar eclipse.
(d) Snow in July.
2. Who does Howard find to watch the girls while he goes to visit Alice in jail?
(a) Miss Bowman.
(b) Mrs. Sarver.
(c) Principal Henskin.
3. Where does Alice go to avoid a talk with Nellie?
(a) The library.
(b) The pond.
(c) The grocery.
(d) The mall.
4. Who cared for Alice when her mother died?
(a) Aunt Kate.
(b) Aunt Maggie.
(c) Grandma Jane.
(d) Her father.
5. Alice is sure that God could not let __________________.
(a) Howard leave her.
(b) A toddler die.
(c) A tornado destroy the town.
(d) Emma have leukemia.
6. Where do Alice and Theresa meet unexpectedly?
(a) The apple orchard.
(c) The mall.
(d) The library.
7. Alice wishes that Howard could _____________________.
(a) Write love letters.
(b) Sense her pain.
(c) Tell better jokes.
(d) Leave her alone.
8. What does Howard warn Alice not to do in church?
9. Who is the woman who gossips at the funeral?
(a) Mrs. M.L. Glevitch.
(b) Mrs. C.L. Goodpaster.
(c) Mrs. C.A. Hall.
(d) Mrs. R.L. Shroyer.
10. One of the girls has told a story about Alice's inappropriate discussion about ____________________.
(a) The principal.
(b) A tampon.
(c) The captain of the football team.
(d) Her husband.
11. What is annoying Howard about Alice lately?
(a) Her sleeping too much.
(b) Her constant apologies.
(c) Her laziness.
(d) Her overspending.
12. What does Alice think of Carol?
(a) She lives below community moral standards.
(b) She has potential to be a great singer.
(c) She is her best friend.
(d) She is a good influence on the neighbor kids.
13. How supportive is Howard as Alice worries about attending the funeral?
(a) He is of no help.
(b) He knows the perfect thing to say.
(c) He tries but falls short.
(d) He is overly attentive.
14. Why will Nellie be in Romania for two months?
(a) To study.
(b) To visit relatives.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To care for sick children.
15. Alice meets a young __________________ minister whom she considers a phony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howard think about the prayers at the hospital?
2. Who is Alice's husband?
3. Who are Alice's daughters?
4. Alice has had no grounding in __________________.
5. Which of the following is NOT covered in a letter Alice sends to Howard and the girls?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)