|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom had Alice reported her slapping a student?
(c) No one.
(d) The principal.
2. What is Alice's husband's profession?
(d) Dairy farmer.
3. Where is Alice taking the girls when the police arrive?
(a) The mall.
(b) Choir practice.
(d) The grocery.
4. Where does Alice plan to take her and Theresa's daughters to escape the summer heat?
(a) The city pool.
(b) The amusement park.
(c) The mall.
(d) The pond on their farm.
5. Nellie's money always comes to Alice and Howard _______________________.
(a) In the form of a check.
(b) With strings attached.
(d) Via a money order.
6. Alice jokes that jail is _____________________.
(a) A bad case of hiccups.
(b) A really bad hotel.
(c) A vacation.
(d) Just a foretaste of hell.
7. Who is Alice's husband?
8. Alice has to attend a school board meeting to discuss ______________________.
(b) Her contract.
(c) Snow days.
9. Where does Alice go when she runs out of the school board meeting?
(a) Her car.
(c) The restroom.
10. Why had Alice had a confrontation with Mrs. Mackessy?
(a) She said derogatory things about Claire.
(b) She did not vote for the school levy.
(c) She sent her son to school when he was very ill.
(d) She hit her car in the parking lot.
11. About what does Howard try to assure Alice?
(a) That no one blames her for Lizzy's death.
(b) That she has the talent to play piano.
(c) That she is still beautiful.
(d) That she will get the new job.
12. How can Alice be characterized?
(b) Low self-esteem.
13. Where does Alice go to avoid a talk with Nellie?
(a) The grocery.
(b) The pond.
(c) The mall.
(d) The library.
14. Which of Theresa's daughters drowns in Alice's pond?
15. Alice meets a young __________________ minister whom she considers a phony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Howard find to watch the girls while he goes to visit Alice in jail?
2. Who are Alice's daughters?
3. How old was Alice when her mother died?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Alice sleeps for days?
5. What does Nellie advise Howard to do regarding Alice?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)