|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Collins' remaining daughter?
2. Where does Alice go when she runs out of the school board meeting?
(b) Her car.
(d) The restroom.
3. Alice meets a young __________________ minister whom she considers a phony.
4. Who is one of Alice's most troubling patients?
(a) Evan Roberts.
(b) Eric McKenzie.
(c) Robbie Mackessy.
(d) Brian Voiles.
5. What does Susannah Brooks do when Howard asks her to watch the girls?
(a) Slams down the phone.
(b) Agrees to help.
(c) Curses at him.
(d) Quotes scripture to him.
6. What is Theresa doing when Alice sees her?
7. Who is Alice's mother-in-law?
8. To whom had Alice reported her slapping a student?
(b) The principal.
(c) No one.
9. What had been Alice's version of church while growing up?
(a) Sitting by a stream.
(b) Folk dancing with her aunt.
(d) Listening to music.
10. Alice guiltily rejoices that _______________ is out of danger.
11. Where does Alice live?
(c) Prairie Center.
(d) Sioux Falls.
12. About what does Howard try to assure Alice?
(a) That no one blames her for Lizzy's death.
(b) That she has the talent to play piano.
(c) That she will get the new job.
(d) That she is still beautiful.
13. Nellie will be leaving soon to work in what country?
14. Alice is in jail in which town?
15. Who is Alice's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alice never expected to live past the age of _______________.
2. Who cared for Alice when her mother died?
3. When does the enormity of Lizzy's death hit Howard?
4. Who is the principal of Blackwell Elementary?
5. What color of prison garb does Alice wear?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)