|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice is in jail in which town?
2. Who does Howard find to watch the girls while he goes to visit Alice in jail?
(a) Miss Bowman.
(b) Principal Henskin.
(d) Mrs. Sarver.
3. What does Alice do when the police arrive to arrest her?
(b) Lies on the grass.
4. Who is the principal of Blackwell Elementary?
(a) Gus Gilbert.
(b) Steve Jacoby.
(c) David Henskin.
(d) Marty Caskey.
5. What does Alice think of Carol?
(a) She is her best friend.
(b) She lives below community moral standards.
(c) She has potential to be a great singer.
(d) She is a good influence on the neighbor kids.
6. Alice has had no grounding in __________________.
(a) Music education.
(b) Ethical behavior.
(c) Higher education.
(d) Formal religious tradition.
7. Alice wishes that Howard could _____________________.
(a) Sense her pain.
(b) Tell better jokes.
(c) Write love letters.
(d) Leave her alone.
8. Where does Alice go to avoid a talk with Nellie?
(a) The pond.
(b) The library.
(c) The mall.
(d) The grocery.
9. Howard urges Alice to bear up for _____________________.
(a) Their marriage.
(b) Her own self esteem.
(c) The sake of their daughters.
(d) Public appearances.
10. Who is the Collins' remaining daughter?
11. What do the arresting officers allow Alice to take with her?
(b) Phone numbers.
12. Where does Alice see Theresa?
(a) The woods.
(b) The mall.
(d) The grocery.
13. Theresa tells Alice that she saw _____________________________.
(a) The launch of the Space Shuttle.
(b) The lunar eclipse.
(c) The highway shining with the Holy Spirit.
(d) Snow in July.
14. What is Alice's last name?
15. At the school board meeting, Alice wants to _____________________.
(a) Run out into the sunset.
(b) Vote for the school levy.
(c) End the meeting quickly.
(d) Have a chance to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howard think about while waiting to see Alice in jail?
2. What is Alice's husband's profession?
3. Who pays for Alice's college degree?
4. What has Alice been doing constantly lately?
5. How can Alice be characterized?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)