|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice think of Carol?
(a) She lives below community moral standards.
(b) She is her best friend.
(c) She has potential to be a great singer.
(d) She is a good influence on the neighbor kids.
2. Who is Alice's mother-in-law?
3. What does Howard's mother tell him he needs to buy?
(a) A new car.
(b) A new suit.
(c) Bunk beds for the girls.
(d) Flowers for Alice.
4. Alice needs Howard's help to ___________________.
(b) Play piano.
5. Who is Alice's husband?
6. Who is one of Alice's most troubling patients?
(a) Brian Voiles.
(b) Robbie Mackessy.
(c) Evan Roberts.
(d) Eric McKenzie.
7. What does Alice do when the police arrive to arrest her?
(c) Lies on the grass.
8. How supportive is Howard as Alice worries about attending the funeral?
(a) He is overly attentive.
(b) He is of no help.
(c) He knows the perfect thing to say.
(d) He tries but falls short.
9. Which attorney does Alice want Howard to call?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Paul Rafferty.
(c) Donald Mulligan.
(d) Edward Pearson.
10. Alice meets a young __________________ minister whom she considers a phony.
11. What instrument does Howard play after dinner?
12. What is annoying Howard about Alice lately?
(a) Her sleeping too much.
(b) Her constant apologies.
(c) Her laziness.
(d) Her overspending.
13. Who is the principal of Blackwell Elementary?
(a) Steve Jacoby.
(b) David Henskin.
(c) Gus Gilbert.
(d) Marty Caskey.
14. What did Theresa once do for the man in #47?
(a) Wrote sermons.
(b) Helped him avoid a nervous breakdown.
(c) Organized fundraisers.
(d) Cleaned house.
15. Which of Theresa's daughters drowns in Alice's pond?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cared for Alice when her mother died?
2. How can Alice be characterized?
3. Alice jokes that jail is _____________________.
4. Alice is arrested on charges of _________________.
5. Theresa tells Alice that she saw _____________________________.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)