|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Howard play after dinner?
2. Who is Robbie Mackessy?
(a) A kindergarten teacher.
(b) The superintendent's son.
(c) An uncooperative student.
(d) A school bus driver.
3. Why will Nellie be in Romania for two months?
(a) To study.
(b) To care for sick children.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To visit relatives.
4. About what does Howard try to assure Alice?
(a) That she has the talent to play piano.
(b) That she is still beautiful.
(c) That she will get the new job.
(d) That no one blames her for Lizzy's death.
5. Where does Alice work?
(b) The Gap.
(c) Racine Medical Center.
(d) Blackwell Elementary.
6. Which of the following is NOT covered in a letter Alice sends to Howard and the girls?
7. Nellie will be leaving soon to work in what country?
8. Who pays for Alice's college degree?
9. Where does Alice plan to take her and Theresa's daughters to escape the summer heat?
(a) The city pool.
(b) The pond on their farm.
(c) The amusement park.
(d) The mall.
10. Howard urges Alice to bear up for _____________________.
(a) Their marriage.
(b) Public appearances.
(c) Her own self esteem.
(d) The sake of their daughters.
11. Where is Alice taking the girls when the police arrive?
(a) The grocery.
(c) Choir practice.
(d) The mall.
12. Alice is compared to which fictional character?
(a) Anna Karenina.
(b) Becky Thatcher.
(c) Scarlett O'Hara.
(d) Jane Eyre.
13. Alice meets a young __________________ minister whom she considers a phony.
14. What has Alice been doing constantly lately?
(a) Biting her nails.
15. Alice could receive a penalty of a $100,000 fine and ____________ years in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been Alice's version of church while growing up?
2. What does Howard think about the prayers at the hospital?
3. What does Alice beg Lizzy to do after she bolts from the church?
4. Alice needs Howard's help to ___________________.
5. Where do Alice and Theresa meet unexpectedly?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)