|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alice's job?
(a) School nurse.
2. Which student had Alice slapped in a moment of extreme frustration?
3. Which of the following is NOT covered in a letter Alice sends to Howard and the girls?
4. Alice feels that she and Theresa are friends just like two characters in which classic television show?
(a) All in the Family.
(b) The Dick Van Dyke Show.
(c) Leave it to Beaver.
5. How can Alice be characterized?
(c) Low self-esteem.
6. Where do Alice and Theresa meet unexpectedly?
(a) The mall.
(b) The apple orchard.
(d) The library.
7. Where is Alice taking the girls when the police arrive?
(a) Choir practice.
(b) The mall.
(d) The grocery.
8. Lizzy's family practices what religion?
9. Who is Alice's husband?
10. Alice wishes that Howard could _____________________.
(a) Leave her alone.
(b) Sense her pain.
(c) Write love letters.
(d) Tell better jokes.
11. Who is the principal of Blackwell Elementary?
(a) Marty Caskey.
(b) David Henskin.
(c) Steve Jacoby.
(d) Gus Gilbert.
12. Which of the following does Howard NOT tell Alice on the ride home from the funeral?
(a) To forget Glevitch.
(b) To make dinner.
(c) To go to bed.
(d) How sad the tiny coffin was.
13. Where does Alice plan to take her and Theresa's daughters to escape the summer heat?
(a) The pond on their farm.
(b) The city pool.
(c) The mall.
(d) The amusement park.
14. What had been Alice's version of church while growing up?
(a) Listening to music.
(b) Sitting by a stream.
(d) Folk dancing with her aunt.
15. What does Howard warn Alice not to do in church?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman who gossips at the funeral?
2. Who cared for Alice when her mother died?
3. What does Susannah Brooks do when Howard asks her to watch the girls?
4. Alice has had no grounding in __________________.
5. Alice is arrested on charges of _________________.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)