|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice has had no grounding in __________________.
(a) Higher education.
(b) Formal religious tradition.
(c) Music education.
(d) Ethical behavior.
2. What is Alice's last name?
3. When does the enormity of Lizzy's death hit Howard?
(a) In front of her coffin.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) While doing his farmwork.
(d) While tucking his daughters in at night.
4. Alice sees herself as ____________________.
(a) A work in progress.
(b) History's worst villain.
(c) Slightly flawed.
(d) The best she can be.
5. Who does Howard find to watch the girls while he goes to visit Alice in jail?
(a) Miss Bowman.
(b) Mrs. Sarver.
(d) Principal Henskin.
6. Alice never expected to live past the age of _______________.
7. Which of Theresa's daughters drowns in Alice's pond?
8. What instrument does Howard play after dinner?
9. What does Howard's mother tell him he needs to buy?
(a) Bunk beds for the girls.
(b) Flowers for Alice.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A new car.
10. Alice guiltily rejoices that _______________ is out of danger.
11. Who is Robbie Mackessy?
(a) An uncooperative student.
(b) A kindergarten teacher.
(c) The superintendent's son.
(d) A school bus driver.
12. What did Theresa once do for the man in #47?
(a) Cleaned house.
(b) Helped him avoid a nervous breakdown.
(c) Organized fundraisers.
(d) Wrote sermons.
13. Which of the following is NOT covered in a letter Alice sends to Howard and the girls?
14. Theresa tells Alice that she saw _____________________________.
(a) The highway shining with the Holy Spirit.
(b) The lunar eclipse.
(c) The launch of the Space Shuttle.
(d) Snow in July.
15. Where does Alice live?
(b) Prairie Center.
(c) Sioux Falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice work?
2. Alice feels that she and Theresa are friends just like two characters in which classic television show?
3. How supportive is Howard as Alice worries about attending the funeral?
4. What is Alice's husband's profession?
5. Howard's mother treats him like __________________.
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)