|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many felony counts does Alice face?
2. What is Alice's job?
(c) School nurse.
3. Why will Nellie be in Romania for two months?
(a) To care for sick children.
(b) To visit relatives.
(c) To study.
(d) To take a vacation.
4. Where does Lizzy die?
(a) In her room
(b) In the street.
(c) At school.
(d) In her father's arms.
5. Who is the former parish priest whom Theresa visits?
(a) Paul Shannon.
(b) Bill Roberts.
(c) Mario Santini.
(d) Albert Satinga.
6. Alice is arrested on charges of _________________.
(c) Sexually assaulting students.
(d) Insurance fraud.
7. What does Alice make Howard promise he will not do?
(a) Sell the car.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Bring the girls to the jail.
(d) Leave the girls with Nellie.
8. Which of the following is NOT covered in a letter Alice sends to Howard and the girls?
9. Alice asks Howard not to tell Nellie or ___________________.
(a) The girls.
(b) Sell their land.
(c) Move away.
(d) Divorce her.
10. What does Howard warn Alice not to do in church?
11. Who pays for Alice's college degree?
12. Which of the following is something that does NOT worry Howard?
(a) Getting Easter dresses for the girls.
(b) Controlling Alice's outbursts.
(c) The drought problems.
(d) The girls' complaints about his cooking.
13. What has Alice been doing constantly lately?
(d) Biting her nails.
14. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Alice sleeps for days?
(a) She is on morphine.
(b) She resents hard farm life.
(c) She feels alone in her disgrace.
(d) She is unable to cope with her house and children.
15. Alice could receive a penalty of a $100,000 fine and ____________ years in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alice jokes that jail is _____________________.
2. What does Howard want to throw at Miss Bowman when he picks up the girls?
3. Howard's mother treats him like __________________.
4. What does Howard's mother tell him he needs to buy?
5. Alice sees herself as ____________________.
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)