|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alice's mother-in-law?
2. Nellie will be leaving soon to work in what country?
3. Alice is sure that God could not let __________________.
(a) A tornado destroy the town.
(b) A toddler die.
(c) Howard leave her.
(d) Emma have leukemia.
4. Alice has to attend a school board meeting to discuss ______________________.
(a) Her contract.
(c) Snow days.
5. What does Susannah Brooks do when Howard asks her to watch the girls?
(a) Slams down the phone.
(b) Quotes scripture to him.
(c) Agrees to help.
(d) Curses at him.
6. Nellie's money always comes to Alice and Howard _______________________.
(b) In the form of a check.
(c) With strings attached.
(d) Via a money order.
7. Why will Nellie be in Romania for two months?
(a) To care for sick children.
(b) To study.
(c) To take a vacation.
(d) To visit relatives.
8. Alice's bail is set at what amount?
9. Who is the former parish priest whom Theresa visits?
(a) Bill Roberts.
(b) Mario Santini.
(c) Paul Shannon.
(d) Albert Satinga.
10. Alice meets a young __________________ minister whom she considers a phony.
11. What does Howard's mother tell him he needs to buy?
(a) A new suit.
(b) Flowers for Alice.
(c) Bunk beds for the girls.
(d) A new car.
12. Who is the principal of Blackwell Elementary?
(a) Gus Gilbert.
(b) Marty Caskey.
(c) Steve Jacoby.
(d) David Henskin.
13. What is Alice's last name?
14. What color of prison garb does Alice wear?
15. What is Theresa's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Theresa once do for the man in #47?
2. Alice asks Howard not to tell Nellie or ___________________.
3. Why had Alice had a confrontation with Mrs. Mackessy?
4. Who pays for Alice's college degree?
5. What does Howard want to throw at Miss Bowman when he picks up the girls?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)