|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice could receive a penalty of a $100,000 fine and ____________ years in prison.
2. What is Carol's last name?
3. Alice meets a young __________________ minister whom she considers a phony.
4. What do the arresting officers allow Alice to take with her?
(d) Phone numbers.
5. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Alice sleeps for days?
(a) She is on morphine.
(b) She resents hard farm life.
(c) She is unable to cope with her house and children.
(d) She feels alone in her disgrace.
6. Who is Alice's husband?
7. Alice has to attend a school board meeting to discuss ______________________.
(c) Her contract.
(d) Snow days.
8. At the school board meeting, Alice wants to _____________________.
(a) Run out into the sunset.
(b) Vote for the school levy.
(c) Have a chance to speak.
(d) End the meeting quickly.
9. What does Alice think of Carol?
(a) She lives below community moral standards.
(b) She has potential to be a great singer.
(c) She is a good influence on the neighbor kids.
(d) She is her best friend.
10. About what does Howard try to assure Alice?
(a) That she is still beautiful.
(b) That she will get the new job.
(c) That she has the talent to play piano.
(d) That no one blames her for Lizzy's death.
11. Who is the Collins' remaining daughter?
12. What had been Alice's version of church while growing up?
(a) Listening to music.
(c) Sitting by a stream.
(d) Folk dancing with her aunt.
13. What does Howard want to throw at Miss Bowman when he picks up the girls?
(a) A glass.
(b) A book.
(c) His keys.
(d) A rock.
14. Where do Alice and Theresa meet unexpectedly?
(b) The apple orchard.
(c) The library.
(d) The mall.
15. Alice has had no grounding in __________________.
(a) Ethical behavior.
(b) Higher education.
(c) Music education.
(d) Formal religious tradition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Robbie Mackessy?
2. What instrument does Howard play after dinner?
3. Who is Theresa's husband?
4. Who is the woman who gossips at the funeral?
5. What color of prison garb does Alice wear?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)