|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Alice, Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a topic Howard puts in his letter to Alice?
(a) He is in love with Theresa.
(b) Emma cannot start kindergarten.
(c) He wants to sell the farm.
(d) They are blackballed by babysitters.
2. Alice is perceived as a ________________ in prison.
3. Alice needs Howard's help to ___________________.
(d) Play piano.
4. What does Nellie advise Howard to do regarding Alice?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Give her time to recover.
(c) Get her mind off the tragedy.
(d) Have her move out of town.
5. What did Theresa once do for the man in #47?
(a) Helped him avoid a nervous breakdown.
(b) Cleaned house.
(c) Wrote sermons.
(d) Organized fundraisers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice go when she bolts from the church?
2. What do the arresting officers allow Alice to take with her?
3. Howard urges Alice to bear up for _____________________.
4. What is notable about Alice's face when she sees the girls?
5. Alice jokes that jail is _____________________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)