|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Alice, Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice asks Howard not to tell Nellie or ___________________.
(a) Move away.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) The girls.
(d) Sell their land.
2. What is notable about Alice's face when she sees the girls?
(a) It is pale.
(b) It is bruised.
(c) It is joyful.
(d) It is sad.
3. What does Howard leave at the house?
(a) A chest of historical items.
(b) Stamp collection.
(d) Washer and dryer.
4. How supportive is Howard as Alice worries about attending the funeral?
(a) He is overly attentive.
(b) He knows the perfect thing to say.
(c) He tries but falls short.
(d) He is of no help.
5. Rafferty enjoys an image of those he dislikes in court as _______________________.
(a) Being naked.
(b) Floating down a tranquil river and hitting rocks.
(c) Walking on hot coals.
(d) Being shot with BB guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Alice sleeps for days?
2. About what does Howard try to assure Alice?
3. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
4. Howard and the girls move into a townhouse at _____________________.
5. Which student had Alice slapped in a moment of extreme frustration?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)