|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Howard, Chapters 15-16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will eventually be a major witness for the defense?
(a) Miss Bowman.
2. Why does Howard decide to take the girls to see Alice?
(a) It is Claire's birthday.
(b) It is family day at the jail.
(c) Alice has asked to see them.
(d) He has no one to watch them.
3. What does Alice make Howard promise he will not do?
(a) Leave the girls with Nellie.
(b) Bring the girls to the jail.
(c) Sell the car.
(d) Divorce her.
4. About what does Theresa cry in Howard's arms?
(a) Her mother's death.
(b) Lizzy's burial.
(c) Her job loss.
(d) Her divorce.
5. Why had Alice had a confrontation with Mrs. Mackessy?
(a) She did not vote for the school levy.
(b) She sent her son to school when he was very ill.
(c) She said derogatory things about Claire.
(d) She hit her car in the parking lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Assistant District Attorney in Alice's case?
2. To whom had Alice reported her slapping a student?
3. Why does Theresa feel guilty about Alice's arrest?
4. Alice has had no grounding in __________________.
5. Alice meets a young __________________ minister whom she considers a phony.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)