|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Howard, Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is something that does NOT worry Howard?
(a) Getting Easter dresses for the girls.
(b) Controlling Alice's outbursts.
(c) The girls' complaints about his cooking.
(d) The drought problems.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Alice sleeps for days?
(a) She is on morphine.
(b) She is unable to cope with her house and children.
(c) She resents hard farm life.
(d) She feels alone in her disgrace.
3. Alice guiltily rejoices that _______________ is out of danger.
4. Which of the following does Howard NOT tell Alice on the ride home from the funeral?
(a) How sad the tiny coffin was.
(b) To make dinner.
(c) To go to bed.
(d) To forget Glevitch.
5. Alice has to attend a school board meeting to discuss ______________________.
(b) Snow days.
(d) Her contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lizzy die?
2. Alice jokes that jail is _____________________.
3. To whom had Alice reported her slapping a student?
4. What does Alice make Howard promise he will not do?
5. Who is the former parish priest whom Theresa visits?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)