|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Alice, Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard's mother treats him like __________________.
(a) A hero.
(b) An idiot.
(c) An infant.
(d) An afterthought.
2. Where does Alice plan to take her and Theresa's daughters to escape the summer heat?
(a) The city pool.
(b) The mall.
(c) The pond on their farm.
(d) The amusement park.
3. How old was Alice when her mother died?
4. Alice is sure that God could not let __________________.
(a) A tornado destroy the town.
(b) Howard leave her.
(c) Emma have leukemia.
(d) A toddler die.
5. How supportive is Howard as Alice worries about attending the funeral?
(a) He knows the perfect thing to say.
(b) He is overly attentive.
(c) He tries but falls short.
(d) He is of no help.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Alice be characterized?
2. Alice sees herself as ____________________.
3. Where does Howard's mother live?
4. When does the enormity of Lizzy's death hit Howard?
5. Which of the following does Howard NOT tell Alice on the ride home from the funeral?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)