|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Alice, Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Howard doing when Theresa comes to the house?
(a) Cleaning Emma's stained T-shirt.
(b) Fixing supper.
(c) Helping the girls with homework.
(d) Milking cows.
2. What does Alice make Howard promise he will not do?
(a) Leave the girls with Nellie.
(b) Sell the car.
(c) Bring the girls to the jail.
(d) Divorce her.
3. What does Alice beg Lizzy to do after she bolts from the church?
(a) To sing.
(b) To come back.
(c) To help her parents.
(d) To forgive her.
4. What has Alice been doing constantly lately?
(d) Biting her nails.
5. Alice is perceived as a ________________ in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard wants to move as far away as Alaska or ___________________.
2. What is Alice wearing when she sees the girls?
3. What animal does Howard slaughter in Chapter 11?
4. Nellie's money always comes to Alice and Howard _______________________.
5. Howard wants Alice to get ______________________.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)