|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Alice, Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the judge order both sides in the trial to avoid mentioning?
(a) Alice's surgery.
(d) The sale of the farm.
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Alice sleeps for days?
(a) She resents hard farm life.
(b) She is unable to cope with her house and children.
(c) She is on morphine.
(d) She feels alone in her disgrace.
3. What does Susannah Brooks do when Howard asks her to watch the girls?
(a) Quotes scripture to him.
(b) Curses at him.
(c) Slams down the phone.
(d) Agrees to help.
4. Where does Alice see Theresa?
(a) The woods.
(b) The mall.
(c) The grocery.
5. What is ruining Howard's farm?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) No fertilizers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman who gossips at the funeral?
2. Alice jokes that jail is _____________________.
3. Who is the first potential buyer to look at Howard's farm?
4. Where do the girls want to live if Alice does not get out of jail?
5. Alice never expected to live past the age of _______________.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)