|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Alice, Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alice's husband?
2. About what does Howard try to assure Alice?
(a) That she is still beautiful.
(b) That she has the talent to play piano.
(c) That she will get the new job.
(d) That no one blames her for Lizzy's death.
3. What does Alice think of Carol?
(a) She is a good influence on the neighbor kids.
(b) She has potential to be a great singer.
(c) She is her best friend.
(d) She lives below community moral standards.
4. To which Biblical person does Alice liken herself?
(a) John the Baptist.
5. Why had Alice had a confrontation with Mrs. Mackessy?
(a) She did not vote for the school levy.
(b) She hit her car in the parking lot.
(c) She said derogatory things about Claire.
(d) She sent her son to school when he was very ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Howard collect rocks from the fields?
2. How can Alice be characterized?
3. Where do Howard and the girls find a place to live?
4. What does Howard want to throw at Miss Bowman when he picks up the girls?
5. Where do the girls want to live if Alice does not get out of jail?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)