|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Alice, Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the judge order both sides in the trial to avoid mentioning?
(a) The sale of the farm.
(b) Alice's surgery.
2. About what does Howard try to assure Alice?
(a) That no one blames her for Lizzy's death.
(b) That she has the talent to play piano.
(c) That she will get the new job.
(d) That she is still beautiful.
3. What does Susannah Brooks do when Howard asks her to watch the girls?
(a) Slams down the phone.
(b) Agrees to help.
(c) Quotes scripture to him.
(d) Curses at him.
4. Where does Howard get a job?
(a) The Motor Vehicle Registration Office.
(b) The Children's Services Office.
(c) A lumberyard.
5. Where do Howard and the girls find a place to live?
(b) Spring Grove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Alice and Theresa meet unexpectedly?
2. At the school board meeting, Alice wants to _____________________.
3. Rafferty wants Alice to behave like which actress while in court?
4. How much money does Howard accept for the farm?
5. Alice feels that she and Theresa are friends just like two characters in which classic television show?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)