|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Howard, Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Alice be characterized?
(c) Low self-esteem.
2. Alice asks Howard not to tell Nellie or ___________________.
(a) Move away.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Sell their land.
(d) The girls.
3. Howard urges Alice to bear up for _____________________.
(a) Public appearances.
(b) Her own self esteem.
(c) The sake of their daughters.
(d) Their marriage.
4. What does Howard want to throw at Miss Bowman when he picks up the girls?
(a) A glass.
(b) His keys.
(c) A rock.
(d) A book.
5. Howard's mother treats him like __________________.
(a) An idiot.
(b) A hero.
(c) An afterthought.
(d) An infant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lizzy die?
2. To whom had Alice reported her slapping a student?
3. What does Alice do when the police arrive to arrest her?
4. What had been Alice's version of church while growing up?
5. Nellie will be leaving soon to work in what country?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)