|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Howard, Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Alice sleeps for days?
(a) She feels alone in her disgrace.
(b) She is unable to cope with her house and children.
(c) She resents hard farm life.
(d) She is on morphine.
2. Nellie will be leaving soon to work in what country?
3. Alice is arrested on charges of _________________.
(c) Sexually assaulting students.
(d) Insurance fraud.
4. Who is the principal of Blackwell Elementary?
(a) Steve Jacoby.
(b) Gus Gilbert.
(c) Marty Caskey.
(d) David Henskin.
5. Which of the following does Howard NOT tell Alice on the ride home from the funeral?
(a) How sad the tiny coffin was.
(b) To make dinner.
(c) To forget Glevitch.
(d) To go to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howard think about while waiting to see Alice in jail?
2. What does Howard warn Alice not to do in church?
3. What had been Alice's version of church while growing up?
4. Alice guiltily rejoices that _______________ is out of danger.
5. Which of the following is something that does NOT worry Howard?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)