|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Howard, Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alice go when she runs out of the school board meeting?
(b) Her car.
(d) The restroom.
2. What does Howard think about the prayers at the hospital?
(a) They are necessary for consolation.
(b) They can't hurt.
(c) They are guiding Lizzy into the next world.
(d) They are a waste of time.
3. What does Susannah Brooks do when Howard asks her to watch the girls?
(a) Slams down the phone.
(b) Quotes scripture to him.
(c) Curses at him.
(d) Agrees to help.
4. Alice guiltily rejoices that _______________ is out of danger.
5. Who cared for Alice when her mother died?
(a) Grandma Jane.
(b) Aunt Maggie.
(c) Aunt Kate.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the former parish priest whom Theresa visits?
2. Who is Robbie Mackessy?
3. Who is Theresa's remaining daughter?
4. What is notable about Alice's face when she sees the girls?
5. What do the arresting officers allow Alice to take with her?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)