|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Howard, Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Howard try to assure Alice?
(a) That she has the talent to play piano.
(b) That no one blames her for Lizzy's death.
(c) That she will get the new job.
(d) That she is still beautiful.
2. About what does Theresa cry in Howard's arms?
(a) Her job loss.
(b) Lizzy's burial.
(c) Her divorce.
(d) Her mother's death.
3. What is notable about Alice's face when she sees the girls?
(a) It is joyful.
(b) It is sad.
(c) It is pale.
(d) It is bruised.
4. Who is the woman who gossips at the funeral?
(a) Mrs. M.L. Glevitch.
(b) Mrs. R.L. Shroyer.
(c) Mrs. C.L. Goodpaster.
(d) Mrs. C.A. Hall.
5. What does Howard warn Alice not to do in church?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Howard begin to have his lunches?
2. What does Alice make Howard promise he will not do?
3. What is Alice wearing when she sees the girls?
4. What does Howard think about the prayers at the hospital?
5. What is ruining Howard's farm?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)