|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Howard, Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alice has had no grounding in __________________.
(a) Ethical behavior.
(b) Formal religious tradition.
(c) Higher education.
(d) Music education.
2. Who is Theresa's remaining daughter?
3. Which of the following does Howard NOT tell Alice on the ride home from the funeral?
(a) To go to bed.
(b) To make dinner.
(c) To forget Glevitch.
(d) How sad the tiny coffin was.
4. Who helps Howard with the girls and provides dinner in the evenings?
(c) Miss Bowman.
5. Howard urges Alice to bear up for _____________________.
(a) The sake of their daughters.
(b) Public appearances.
(c) Her own self esteem.
(d) Their marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard's mother treats him like __________________.
2. How supportive is Howard as Alice worries about attending the funeral?
3. What does Alice beg Lizzy to do after she bolts from the church?
4. Nellie's money always comes to Alice and Howard _______________________.
5. Alice's bail is set at what amount?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)