|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Alice, Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice do between meals in jail?
(a) Reads and sleeps.
(b) Makes phone calls and watches TV.
(c) Reads and watches TV.
(d) Writes letters and cries.
2. Who is the former parish priest whom Theresa visits?
(a) Mario Santini.
(b) Bill Roberts.
(c) Albert Satinga.
(d) Paul Shannon.
3. What is Howard's state of mind in this section?
4. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Alice sleeps for days?
(a) She is on morphine.
(b) She resents hard farm life.
(c) She feels alone in her disgrace.
(d) She is unable to cope with her house and children.
5. Howard meditates on the impact of personality in history and cites Mikhail Gorbachev and __________________.
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Margaret Thatcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice see Theresa?
2. How old was Alice when her mother died?
3. What is Theresa doing when Alice sees her?
4. Howard describes a quote by ________________ which is carved over the courthouse entrance.
5. What is the only constant TV program on during the week in jail?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)