|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Alice, Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rafferty enjoys an image of those he dislikes in court as _______________________.
(a) Being shot with BB guns.
(b) Walking on hot coals.
(c) Floating down a tranquil river and hitting rocks.
(d) Being naked.
2. Alice is compared to which fictional character?
(a) Scarlett O'Hara.
(b) Anna Karenina.
(c) Becky Thatcher.
(d) Jane Eyre.
3. Why does Theresa feel guilty about Alice's arrest?
(a) She made a phone call to the sheriff's office about Alice.
(b) She reinforced the lies of the children when questioned.
(c) She planted the stories that the children tell about Alice.
(d) She could have cleared everything up if she had been in town.
4. Who is Alice's cell mate?
(a) Dolores Sanchez.
(b) Debbie Clark.
(c) Dee Dee Morton.
(d) Dana Myers.
5. Howard recalls that his father threatened to _______________ if he got a woman pregnant.
(a) Disown him.
(b) Report him.
(c) Kick him out.
(d) Shoot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Howard slaughter in Chapter 11?
2. What is Howard doing when Theresa comes to the house?
3. Howard describes a quote by ________________ which is carved over the courthouse entrance.
4. With what natural disaster is Howard dealing during this time?
5. How old is Robbie Mackessy?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)