|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Alice, Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Theresa feel guilty about Alice's arrest?
(a) She planted the stories that the children tell about Alice.
(b) She could have cleared everything up if she had been in town.
(c) She made a phone call to the sheriff's office about Alice.
(d) She reinforced the lies of the children when questioned.
2. Alice is compared to which fictional character?
(a) Becky Thatcher.
(b) Anna Karenina.
(c) Scarlett O'Hara.
(d) Jane Eyre.
3. Theresa tells Alice that she saw _____________________________.
(a) The highway shining with the Holy Spirit.
(b) Snow in July.
(c) The lunar eclipse.
(d) The launch of the Space Shuttle.
4. What did Theresa once do for the man in #47?
(a) Cleaned house.
(b) Wrote sermons.
(c) Organized fundraisers.
(d) Helped him avoid a nervous breakdown.
5. Howard recalls that his father threatened to _______________ if he got a woman pregnant.
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Report him.
(c) Kick him out.
(d) Disown him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice do between meals in jail?
2. Which of the following is NOT something about court that Theresa compares to religion?
3. Who is Alice's cell mate?
4. Who will eventually be a major witness for the defense?
5. Who is the Assistant District Attorney in Alice's case?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)