|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Alice, Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Howard's state of mind in this section?
2. Howard meditates on the impact of personality in history and cites Mikhail Gorbachev and __________________.
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Margaret Thatcher.
(d) Eleanor Roosevelt.
3. What is Howard doing when Theresa comes to the house?
(a) Cleaning Emma's stained T-shirt.
(b) Fixing supper.
(c) Milking cows.
(d) Helping the girls with homework.
4. Where do Alice and Theresa meet unexpectedly?
(a) The mall.
(b) The library.
(c) The apple orchard.
5. What does Nellie advise Howard to do regarding Alice?
(a) Have her move out of town.
(b) Divorce her.
(c) Give her time to recover.
(d) Get her mind off the tragedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Theresa once do for the man in #47?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason why Alice sleeps for days?
3. Where does Alice go to avoid a talk with Nellie?
4. How can Alice be characterized?
5. With what natural disaster is Howard dealing during this time?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)