|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jim Bob's parents live when Jim Bob's father died?
2. What was the accident Michelle's father experienced while Josie was still in the hospital?
3. Which of the following was NOT one of the ways Michelle might help the children study character qualities?
4. How old was Josh when Michelle's mother died?
5. What is the Duggar family motto with regard to finances?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Josh become the owner of his first two cars?
2. What was the story Jim Bob and Michelle related about the woman who'd chosen accounting for a career?
3. Describe the incident involving the pineapple chunks and what was the lesson Michelle took from that incident?
4. Describe the conversation at the University of Arkansas when Jim Bob was in the elevator carrying an armload of his books?
5. Why did the Duggars fear they would have a problem at customs in El Salvador and what happened when they arrived?
6. What was the situation involving Jason, Jeremiah, and a bicycle, and how was it resolved?
7. What did Michelle and Jim Bob believe were the two most important lessons they could teach their children and how did they set about accomplishing the second?
8. List the rule that prompted the Duggars to live without air conditioning for a year and how they applied that to their own lives.
9. What were the rules at the Duggar household about the Internet?
10. What was the method of conflict resolution the children were supposed to take before taking a problem to their parents and what happened when someone bypassed that method, taking the problem directly to an adult?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least three situations in which the Duggars relied on prayer. What were the reasons they said they focused on prayer at those times? What were the outcomes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the trip the older Duggar children took to El Salvador while Michelle was in the hospital. What were the concerns of the parents? What were the concerns of the children? How were these concerns addressed? What were the outcomes?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Duggars become involved in documentaries and television shows? What were their demands before agreeing to the filming?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)