|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michelle call the process of calling names then having each child stand to recite or answer a question?
2. What was the concern the Duggar children faced about their gift-wrapped items when they were headed to El Salvador?
3. What was the trick the older girls have used to teach the younger children to cut green onions or celery?
4. What was the emergency Jill and Jana had responded to the day before the authors were working on Chapter 12?
5. What did Jim Bob often tell Jinger as she headed out shopping?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Josh become the owner of his first two cars?
2. What were some of the things that might be discussed at Bible time in the Duggar household?
3. What were the rules at the Duggar household about the Internet?
4. What happened during the period each day known as Memory Lane?
5. How did Jim Bob and Michelle handle the situation when a child needed to be corrected and how did this differ from times the child was to be praised?
6. What was the method of conflict resolution the children were supposed to take before taking a problem to their parents and what happened when someone bypassed that method, taking the problem directly to an adult?
7. What are some of the qualities the Duggar girls decided they didn't want to see in their future spouses?
8. Describe what happened when Michelle's father died?
9. List the rule that prompted the Duggars to live without air conditioning for a year and how they applied that to their own lives.
10. List at least three of the rules Michelle has for children who are at the grocery store.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe typical days in the Duggar household. What were some of the routine activities? How were the younger children included in the activities? What were the roles of the older children?
Essay Topic 2
How did Michelle seek to instill a servant's heart in her children? What were some of the activities she suggested for young mothers to do the same with their own children? Why was this important to Michelle?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the parenting ideals of Jim Bob and Michelle to most parents today. How are they different? How are they similar? Which is better for the parents? Which is better for the children?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)