|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michelle say was the biggest challenge she faced as a homeschool teacher?
2. Why did the Duggars insist their sons work to earn the money to buy their first cars?
3. What was the answer to the question as to whether the Duggar children date?
4. What was Sam Walton's first rule of business?
5. What did Michelle say was the usual snack at the Duggar home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the qualities the Duggar girls decided they didn't want to see in their future spouses?
2. What was the story Jim Bob sometimes told about his family losing their home and the eventual outcome?
3. List at least two reasons the Duggars chose to homeschool their children.
4. How and why were the younger children incorporated into the daily kitchen activities in the Duggar household?
5. Briefly describe how the Duggars pack for a trip?
6. What was the method of conflict resolution the children were supposed to take before taking a problem to their parents and what happened when someone bypassed that method, taking the problem directly to an adult?
7. Describe what happened when Michelle's father died?
8. How did Michelle meet Nana, what was their conversation about Michelle being tired, and what was her role in MIchelle's life for about two years?
9. How did Josh become the owner of his first two cars?
10. What was the story Jim Bob and Michelle related about the woman who'd chosen accounting for a career?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michelle and Jim Bob offer insights into the personalities of several of the children. Compare any four. What were their strengths, weaknesses, likes, and dislikes? How were they similar and how were they different? Were their attitudes and plans old-fashioned? Can you predict how the children will fare in "the real world" if they choose to leave their family?
Essay Topic 2
What did the Duggars believe about finances? How did they put those beliefs in action? Did it seem they encouraged these beliefs in their children? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the attitude of Jim Bob on the day the ice storm struck, taking out the electricity. What did Michelle say about his attitude? What were other examples of this attitude? What were the children's reactions to the storm?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)