|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Alicia Dennis?
(a) The Duggars' contact at People magazine.
(b) A musician who came to the hospital to pray.
(c) The wife of a minister in Little Rock.
(d) A nurse.
2. Which of the following was NOT suggested by Michelle as a gift that could be used to help teach children to minister to others?
(a) Homemade bread.
(b) Homemade soap.
(c) Homemade cookies.
(d) Homemade muffins.
3. What did the Duggars say was one of the most common comments about their lifestyle?
(a) That they can't possibly hope to have more children.
(b) That they will eventually have a disabled child.
(c) That they are a drain on the economy.
(d) That they've never experienced the hardships of real life.
4. Which of the following did the Duggars say was their primary goal for writing the book?
(a) To encourage the reader to limit the number of children they have.
(b) To encourage the reader to recognize God's blessings.
(c) To encourage the reader to have as many children as possible.
(d) To encourage the reader to attend church regularly.
5. What did Jed tell Michelle when he talked to her on the phone from his trip?
(a) That he wants Michelle to come home.
(b) That he misses her.
(c) That he wants to come home.
(d) That he might want to be a missionary.
6. What were the elements in play when Jim Bob created a "poor man's slide and swimming pool"?
(a) A large wading pool and a slide.
(b) Plastic sheeting and a pond.
(c) Plastic sheeting, a back hoe, and dish washing liquid.
(d) A pond and an inflatible slide.
7. Which of the following was an activity the Duggar children used to keep themselves busy during the ice storm?
(a) Having stick horse races.
(b) Making snow ice cream.
(c) Playing video games.
(d) Roller blading in the living room.
8. How long were the Duggars in Little Rock?
(a) More than nine weeks.
(b) More than seven months.
(c) More than a year.
(d) More than thirteen weeks.
9. What was the problem the Duggars face that was depicted by the Japanese film crew for their game show?
(a) They run out of hot water.
(b) They sometimes argue over budgeting.
(c) There is often a line for the family's three bathrooms.
(d) Michelle has trouble making time for each child.
10. Why did Josh and John-David go to town?
(a) To buy fuel for the generator.
(b) To help friends who were stranded.
(c) To buy milk and other essentials.
(d) To buy diapers.
11. What did Jim Bob say was his first reaction when he read the newspaper article he considered unfair?
(a) To avoid the reporter completely.
(b) To call the reporter's editor and complain.
(c) To call the reporter and set him straight.
(d) To call the reporter and offer to forgive him.
12. How far away did Josh live?
(a) About eighty miles.
(b) In the basement.
(c) About eight miles.
(d) About a block.
13. What did Michelle say she considers the meetings with people who have come to know the Duggar family through the television show?
(a) A chance to explain her ideas on parenting.
(b) A constant problem.
(c) An opportunity for ministry.
(d) A nuisance.
14. What was the name of the hospital where Michelle gave birth to Josie?
(a) Baptist Medical Center.
(b) Arkansas Children's Hospital.
(c) St. John's.
15. What else were the Duggars planning to celebrate on the day before Christmas Eve?
(a) Michelle's recovery.
(b) Grandma Duggar's anniversary.
(c) Birthdays of Jinger and Jordyn.
(d) Jessa's braces coming off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the religious movement some Internet sources and reporters claim the Duggars are part of?
2. Why did Jim Bob return to Springdale with some of the kids soon after Josie's release from the hospital?
3. When did Jim Bob and Michelle decide to let God choose how big their family would be?
4. What was Jim Bob doing the first few minutes of Josie's life?
5. What was the purpose of the trip planned for the following week?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)