|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ishmael's unit captured a village in Chapter 16, how many days did it take Kanei and Moriba to get help?
2. How many watches did some of the dead rebels wear in Chapter 13?
3. What did Esther buy Alhaji when they took Ishmael to the hospital for an examination?
4. How would Ishmael's father try to get him to take a shower?
5. What village were Ishmael and the others taken to in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would the boys and soldiers do in Chapter 14 if they ran out of food, drugs, ammunition, and gasoline?
2. What type of contest was held at the end of Chapter 14?
3. How did Josiah die?
4. What happy time was had in Chapter 10?
5. How was Ishmael's foot injured?
6. What was the extent of Ishmael's thoughts at the beginning of Chapter 15?
7. In Chapter 10, what was one of the most unsettling things about Ishmael's journey?
8. Who did Ishmael meet as they approached the village where his family might have been staying?
9. Why weren't Ishmael and the other boys killed when the village was attacked where his family was staying?
10. What was it like in Yele when the boys first arrived?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 1, Ishmael, his brother, and a friend traveled to Mattru Jong. How did that journey save his life?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 10, Ishmael felt as though he had no purpose. Why didn't Ishmael feel as though he had a purpose for his life?
Essay Topic 3
The six boys stayed together for protection. What were the disadvantages of saying together?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)