|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of farms were near Ishmael's grandmother's village?
2. What direction did the Iman face during prayers in Kamator?
3. in what country near Ishmael's village was a war going on?
4. In Chapter 4, where did the boys sleep?
5. How old was Ishmael the first time he was touched by war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ishmael leave home in 1993?
2. What did Ishmael and Junior see when they went back to Kabati?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, why did the boys return to Mattru Jong?
4. What saved the boys when they were captured by guards near a village in Chapter 6?
5. How did a fisherman help Ishmael and the other boys he began traveling with in Chapter 9?
6. What words did Ishmael remember his father saying that kept him moving?
7. From whom did the boys steal food at the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. How did the family of the person the boys stole from in Chapter 5 react?
9. What did Ishmael remember in Chapter 2?
10. In Chapter 8, what was the worst thing for Ishmael about being in the forest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The six boys stayed together for protection. What were the disadvantages of saying together?
Essay Topic 2
The boys discussed how they lost their families. How did the loss of their families make the boys who they were and caused them to band together?
Essay Topic 3
The boys went to Kamator because Gibrilla's aunt was there. Why did they stay?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)