|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how long did the six boys walks together on a tiny path?
2. When did Ishmael's father say was the beginning of rotten politics?
3. In Chapter 4, where did the boys sleep?
4. Sierra Leone been a British colony since what year?
5. When Ishmael and his brother returned to his grandmother's village, what type of vehicle did a man drive up with his dead family inside?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Ishmael, his brother, and their friends introduced to rap music?
2. How did a fisherman help Ishmael and the other boys he began traveling with in Chapter 9?
3. What was war like for Ishmael at the beginning of Chapter 1? Chapters 1-3
4. How did the attack on Kamator take place in Chapter 7?
5. How did the iman die in Chapter 7?
6. Why didn't Ishmael's best friend leave home with Ishmael and the others at the beginning of the book?
7. In Chapter 8, what was the worst thing for Ishmael about being in the forest?
8. Why did Ishmael leave home in 1993?
9. In Chapter 7, what food did Ishmael find as he walked away from the Kamator area?
10. From whom did the boys steal food at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The boys were starving in Chapters 4-5. Why was it such a challenge for them to find food?
Essay Topic 2
The boys discussed how they lost their families. How did the loss of their families make the boys who they were and caused them to band together?
Essay Topic 3
Ishmael was tormented by memories of war. Why was Ishmael tormented by the memories, and how did he finally deal with them?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)