|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 13, how long was it before Ishmael could sleep?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) A week.
2. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) April 1997.
(b) June 1995.
(c) March 1996.
(d) January 1996.
3. How long did Bra Spider fast before the feasts held in the villages?
(a) A week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 6 days.
4. In Chapter 12, when Ishmael and the others were captured at gunpoint, how many men were on the ground with uniforms soaked in blood?
5. In Chapter 14, how many boys were picked for a killing demonstration?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the boys do with the school books when they were first given them in Chapter 16?
2. In the story Musa told, what dish did Bra Spider's village made?
3. After Ishmael's unit captured a village in Chapter 16, how many days did it take Kanei and Moriba to get help?
4. In Chapter 11, how many villages did the rebels say they burned that day?
5. What was Ishmael's nickname when he was a soldier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Ishmael meet as they approached the village where his family might have been staying?
2. What was the purpose of Ishmael's unit when he was a junior lieutenant?
3. How was Ishmael's foot injured?
4. What happy time was had in Chapter 10?
5. Why weren't Ishmael and the other boys killed when the village was attacked where his family was staying?
6. What did Saidu say about death?
7. What happened in January 1996?
8. What happened to Mambu after Ishmael left the center?
9. What would the boys and soldiers do in Chapter 14 if they ran out of food, drugs, ammunition, and gasoline?
10. How did the boys get cash in Chapters 16-18?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)