|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what did the boys do at night?
(a) Play soccer.
(b) Go swimming.
(c) Guard posts.
(d) Watch war movies.
2. Where was Jumah stationed in Chapter 15?
3. In the story Musa told, what dish did Bra Spider's village made?
(a) Meat and rice.
(b) Rice and vegetables.
(c) Cassava leaves with meat, potato leaves.
(d) Okra soup.
4. At the end of Chapter 13, how long was it before Ishmael could sleep?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) A week.
5. How old was Ishmael in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Ishmael do in Chapter 16 when he had migraines?
2. What was slaughtered to eat for Ishmael's name-giving ceremony?
3. What was Ishmael's nickname when he was a soldier?
4. How many months after Ishmael arrived did Ishmael's friend Mohamed arrive at Bennin Home?
5. Where was Musa's mother when Mattru Jong was attacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Ishmael's foot injured?
2. How did Josiah die?
3. What happened to Mambu after Ishmael left the center?
4. What would the boys and soldiers do in Chapter 14 if they ran out of food, drugs, ammunition, and gasoline?
5. What did Ishmael find infuriating at the beginning of Chapter 16?
6. What happened to the boy's meat in the peculiar village?
7. What did Ishmael and the others do in the daytime in Chapter 14?
8. How did Ishmael become a spokesman for Bennin Home?
9. Why didn't the boys carry food and water during their first fight in Chapter 13?
10. How did the boys act as their war memories began to return?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)