|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ishmael's unit captured a village in Chapter 16, how many days did it take Kanei and Moriba to get help?
2. How many men were found shot in the village where Ishamel met Gasemu?
(b) More than 20.
(c) About 15.
3. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) January 1996.
(b) April 1997.
(c) June 1995.
(d) March 1996.
4. How would Ishmael's father try to get him to take a shower?
(a) Drag him to the shower.
(b) Chase him with cold water.
(c) Throw him in the river.
(d) Take his clothes.
5. What time was the food ready for Ishmael's name-giving ceremony?
(c) 9 a.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first to begin crying in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 10, how many people ate from each plate?
3. Who gave a speech near the end of Chapter 14 saying the soldiers were there to protect civilians?
4. At the end of Chapter 13, how long was it before Ishmael could sleep?
5. In Chapter 12, when Ishmael and the others were captured at gunpoint, how many men were on the ground with uniforms soaked in blood?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Ishmael's foot injured?
2. How did Ishmael become a spokesman for Bennin Home?
3. What did Ishmael find infuriating at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. How did the boys act as their war memories began to return?
5. When Esther and Leslie took Ishmael and Alhaji to the city for Ishmael's examination, what presents were bought for the boys?
6. What happened to the boy's meat in the peculiar village?
7. In Chapter 10, what was one of the most unsettling things about Ishmael's journey?
8. How did Josiah die?
9. What did Saidu say about death?
10. What type of contest was held at the end of Chapter 14?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)