|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many weeks did it take Ishmael to recover from the injury he remembered receiving in Chapter 17?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 4 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
2. Why did Ishmael get admitted to the hospital iat the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Broke a glass window.
(b) Got beaten.
(c) Got stabbed.
(d) Fainted from a migraine.
3. What did Ishmael think he could hear at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Lansana's singing.
(b) Grandmother's singing.
(c) Father's voice.
(d) Mother's voice.
4. What little did Ishmael know about his uncle who lived in Freetown?
(a) An old address.
(b) His occupation.
(c) Name and occupation.
(d) His name and his wife's name.
5. In Chapter 14, how many boys were picked for a killing demonstration?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Alhaji when the rebels attacked Mattru Jong?
2. Who gave a speech near the end of Chapter 14 saying the soldiers were there to protect civilians?
3. Which of the boys was shot in Chapter 14, after a man with a beard was shot in the head?
4. In Chapter 18, how long had Ishmael been at Bennin Home?
5. What did the older women call Ishmael at his name-giving ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would the boys and soldiers do in Chapter 14 if they ran out of food, drugs, ammunition, and gasoline?
2. What was it like in Yele when the boys first arrived?
3. Why didn't the boys carry food and water during their first fight in Chapter 13?
4. Who did Ishmael meet as they approached the village where his family might have been staying?
5. After UNICEF came to take them, why were the boys allowed to wander aimlessly about their new environment the first week they were there?
6. What did Ishmael and the others do in the daytime in Chapter 14?
7. How did Ishmael become a spokesman for Bennin Home?
8. What type of contest was held at the end of Chapter 14?
9. What did Ishmael find infuriating at the beginning of Chapter 16?
10. What was the purpose of Ishmael's unit when he was a junior lieutenant?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)