|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10 when the boys left the village that had been so kind to them, what did they carry?
(b) Water and meat.
(c) Cooked rice.
2. What was the name of the girl that Esther reminded Ishmael of?
3. What did Esther buy Alhaji when they took Ishmael to the hospital for an examination?
(a) Cassette tape.
(b) Soccer jersey.
(c) Rugby jersey.
4. What type of vehicle did Esther come in when she and two men came to take Ishmael to the hospital for his examination?
5. What production had taken place at the place where there was one large house and a kitchen?
(a) Rope making.
(b) Cassava drying.
(c) Palm oil.
(d) Drying meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many watches did some of the dead rebels wear in Chapter 13?
2. What color head ties did the boys wear in Chapter 13?
3. Which two boys realized in Chapter 13 that they were not training any longer?
4. Why did Ishmael get admitted to the hospital iat the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. What did Ishmael see by the river in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what was one of the most unsettling things about Ishmael's journey?
2. How did the boys act as their war memories began to return?
3. What was the extent of Ishmael's thoughts at the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. Who did Ishmael meet as they approached the village where his family might have been staying?
5. How did Ishmael describe a place he called a very peculiar village?
6. What happened to Mambu after Ishmael left the center?
7. How did Josiah die?
8. What did Ishmael and the others do in the daytime in Chapter 14?
9. What was the purpose of Ishmael's unit when he was a junior lieutenant?
10. In Chapter 13, what happened that made Ishmael get in the fight?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)