|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did families come from when they walked through Ishmael's village?
(a) 500 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) Hundred of miles.
(d) 150 miles.
2. How old were the rebels who captured the boys in Chapter 5?
(a) 25 or younger.
(b) 18 or younger.
(c) 20 or younger.
(d) 21 or younger.
3. What direction did the Iman face during prayers in Kamator?
4. How old was Kanei, one of the boys, Ishmael encountered in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 7 after the attack, how often did Kaloko and Ishmael return to Kamator to see if people returned?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Every 3 days.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night of the attack in Chapter 7, where did Ishmael sleep?
2. What time did Ishmael, his brother, and friend arrive at his grandmother's village?
3. Who taught Ishmael and Junior about medicinal leaves and tree bark?
4. What did a man use to relieve the pain in the boys' feet in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 3, how far away was it rumored that the rebels were stationed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the attack on Kamator take place in Chapter 7?
2. What saved the boys when they were captured by guards near a village in Chapter 6?
3. How did Ishmael decide to eat the fruit he found in the forest in Chapter 8?
4. Why did Ishmael have to run for a half mile in Chapter 8?
5. From whom did the boys steal food at the beginning of Chapter 5?
6. In Chapter 4, how did the boys and other people cross the swamp to get away from Mattru Jong?
7. What words did Ishmael remember his father saying that kept him moving?
8. How did a fisherman help Ishmael and the other boys he began traveling with in Chapter 9?
9. Why did Ishmael leave home in 1993?
10. In Chapter 7, what food did Ishmael find as he walked away from the Kamator area?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)