|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where did the boys sleep?
(b) Piles of brush.
(d) Abandoned villages.
2. How old was Ishmael's younger brother in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 4, how long did the six boys walks together on a tiny path?
4. Who taught Ishmael and Junior about medicinal leaves and tree bark?
5. How long did Ishmael and his brother wait at the wharf hoping to see their families or someone else from their village in Chapter 1?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 45 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did rebels attack Kamator in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 9, how many languages did Ishmael and the other boys know?
3. In Chapter 5, what did the boy's mother that they stole from give the six boys later?
4. What did Junior and Ishmael have in their mouths when their father held a ceremony to bless their new home in Mogbwemo?
5. In Chapter 8, how often did Ishmael take a bath?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ishmael have to run for a half mile in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 7, why did Ishmael decide to leave the area around Kamator?
3. What did Ishmael remember in Chapter 2?
4. How did Ishmael describe being hungry?
5. How did the iman die in Chapter 7?
6. Why did Ishmael's friends in Mattru Jong come home early from school?
7. Why did Ishmael leave home in 1993?
8. In Chapter 4, what did the boys see in Mattru Jong on a verandah?
9. Why didn't Ishmael's best friend leave home with Ishmael and the others at the beginning of the book?
10. Why did it cause problems for the boys to be together in a group?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)