|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of farms were near Ishmael's grandmother's village?
2. What time did rebels attack Kamator in Chapter 7?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 6 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
3. At the end of Chapter 5, how long did Ishmael, Junior, and their friends lie in the forest hiding?
(a) Almost an hour.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) About an hour and a half.
(d) 30 minutes.
4. Who taught Ishmael and Junior about medicinal leaves and tree bark?
5. In Chapter 8, how long did Ishmael spend in the forest before running into people again?
(a) More than a month.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) About a month and a half.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What direction did Ishmael head when he left the swamp in Chapter 7?
2. When the rebels took the boys to the village in Chapter 5, how many people were rounded up to watch?
3. How far did Ishmael, his brother, and friend have to walk to Mattru jong?
4. When Ishmael left the swamp in Chapter 7, what did he stuff in his pockets?
5. When did Ishmael's father say was the beginning of rotten politics?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what did the boys see in Mattru Jong on a verandah?
2. Why did it cause problems for the boys to be together in a group?
3. How did Ishmael decide to eat the fruit he found in the forest in Chapter 8?
4. How was Ishmael, his brother, and their friends introduced to rap music?
5. From whom did the boys steal food at the beginning of Chapter 5?
6. How did the rebels send a message to the people of Mattru Jong in Chapter 3?
7. What did the boys take with them when they went to Mattru Jong?
8. How did the family of the person the boys stole from in Chapter 5 react?
9. What saved the boys when they were captured by guards near a village in Chapter 6?
10. How did Ishmael describe being hungry?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)