|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how many languages did Ishmael and the other boys know?
2. What direction did Ishmael head when he left the swamp in Chapter 7?
3. What did the rebels do to the Iman in Chapter 7?
(a) Hung him.
(b) Decapitated him.
(c) Attacked him with a machete.
(d) Burned him.
4. How old was Ishmael in Chapter 1?
5. What type of farm did the boys ravage for awhile because they were so hungry?
(c) Sweet potato.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far apart did Ishmael's parents live?
2. What food did the six boys steal from a younger boy?
3. What food did an old man offer Ishmael and the other boys in Chapter 8?
4. Sierra Leone been a British colony since what year?
5. Who taught Ishmael and Junior about medicinal leaves and tree bark?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the rebels send a message to the people of Mattru Jong in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 4, how did the boys and other people cross the swamp to get away from Mattru Jong?
3. In Chapter 7, why did Ishmael decide to leave the area around Kamator?
4. From whom did the boys steal food at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Why did Ishmael have to run for a half mile in Chapter 8?
6. What did Ishmael remember in Chapter 2?
7. In Chapter 8, what was the worst thing for Ishmael about being in the forest?
8. What did the boys take with them when they went to Mattru Jong?
9. How did the iman die in Chapter 7?
10. What saved the boys when they were captured by guards near a village in Chapter 6?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)