|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ishmael left the swamp in Chapter 7, what did he stuff in his pockets?
2. What did a man use to relieve the pain in the boys' feet in Chapter 9?
(a) Mashed herbs.
(b) Steamed grass.
(c) Cool water.
(d) Wet clothes.
3. How old was Ishmael in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 8, how many days did Ishmael walk without sleeping?
5. How many miles did Ishmael, his brother, and friend have to travel to Mattru Jong after leaving Ishmael's grandmother's village?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how old was the boy that Ishmael and his companions stole food from?
2. What time was a curfew set for in Mattru Jong after Mogbwemo was attached?
3. What type of farm did the boys ravage for awhile because they were so hungry?
4. What type of farms were near Ishmael's grandmother's village?
5. When was Ishmael first touched by war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the family of the person the boys stole from in Chapter 5 react?
2. Why did Ishmael's friends in Mattru Jong come home early from school?
3. What did the boys take with them when they went to Mattru Jong?
4. In Chapter 4, what did the boys see in Mattru Jong on a verandah?
5. Why did it cause problems for the boys to be together in a group?
6. From whom did the boys steal food at the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. In Chapter 4, what did the boys find at Khalilou's house?
8. In Chapter 7, why did Ishmael decide to leave the area around Kamator?
9. How did a fisherman help Ishmael and the other boys he began traveling with in Chapter 9?
10. Why did Ishmael leave home in 1993?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)