|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ismael injured that caused him to be carried in a hammock for help?
(a) Right shoulder.
(b) Right foot.
(c) Left foot.
(d) Left shoulder.
2. When UNICEF came, how many boys were chosen to go?
3. During the battle in Chapter 13, who did Ishmael hear scream?
4. What did Ishmael see by the river in Chapter 12?
(a) Men chained.
(b) Bodies of 11 and 13 year old boys.
(c) Stockpile of guns.
(d) Pile of food.
5. What did the older women call Ishmael at his name-giving ceremony?
(a) Child of God.
(c) Sweet one.
(d) Little husband.
6. What time was the food ready for Ishmael's name-giving ceremony?
(a) 5 p.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
7. How did Ishmael recognize Gasemu in Chapter 11?
(a) By his missing front tooth.
(b) By a scar on his leg.
(c) By a scar on his arm.
(d) By his missing ear lobe.
8. What production had taken place at the place where there was one large house and a kitchen?
(a) Palm oil.
(b) Rope making.
(c) Drying meat.
(d) Cassava drying.
9. What did Ishmael think he could hear at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Mother's voice.
(b) Father's voice.
(c) Grandmother's singing.
(d) Lansana's singing.
10. Where was Alhaji when the rebels attacked Mattru Jong?
(d) Friend's home.
11. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) March 1996.
(b) April 1997.
(c) January 1996.
(d) June 1995.
12. How many weeks did it take Ishmael to recover from the injury he remembered receiving in Chapter 17?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
13. What was Ishmael's nickname when he was a soldier?
(a) Little Rambo.
(c) Yellow Snake.
(d) Green Snake.
14. Which of the boys was shot in Chapter 14, after a man with a beard was shot in the head?
15. In Chapter 14, how was the rebel who shot one of the boys killed?
(a) Bullet to head.
(b) Slit throat.
(c) Bayonet to stomach.
(d) Bullet to chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Esther wearing when she and two men came to take Ishmael to the hospital for his examination?
2. Near the end of Chapter 14, when might the boys leave for war?
3. What did the boys wear in Chapter 13?
4. Where was Jumah stationed in Chapter 15?
5. What folk tale did Musa tell in Chapter 10?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)