|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Ishmael's grandmother give him to eat when he awoke in the hammock at her farm?
2. What rank was the soldier who was in the room after Ishmael had been in the hospital in Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 18, how long had Ishmael been at Bennin Home?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 6 months.
4. In Chapter 11, how many villages did the rebels say they burned that day?
5. What did Esther buy Alhaji when they took Ishmael to the hospital for an examination?
(a) Cassette tape.
(b) Rugby jersey.
(d) Soccer jersey.
6. At the end of Chapter 13, how long was it before Ishmael could sleep?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) A week.
7. How many men were found shot in the village where Ishamel met Gasemu?
(b) More than 20.
(c) About 15.
8. In Chapter 10, what did men catch during a hunt?
(b) Wild dogs and bushbuck.
(c) Porcupine and deer.
(d) Wild pigs.
9. What was slaughtered to eat for Ishmael's name-giving ceremony?
10. In Chapter 14, who won the killing competition?
11. What did Ishmael perform at a talent show in Chapter 18?
(a) A dance.
(b) A song.
(c) A play.
(d) Monologue from Julius Ceaser.
12. During the battle in Chapter 13, who did Ishmael hear scream?
13. In Chapter 13, which boy fell backward because he had taken too much ammunition?
14. Who was the first to begin crying in Chapter 11?
15. What color gown did the iman wear at Ishmael's name-giving ceremony?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle did Esther come in when she and two men came to take Ishmael to the hospital for his examination?
2. What rank was Ishmael given at the end of Chapter 14?
3. Where was Musa's mother when Mattru Jong was attacked?
4. What did Esther give Ishmael when he saw her a second time in Chapter 17?
5. How many months after Ishmael arrived did Ishmael's friend Mohamed arrive at Bennin Home?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)