|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Ishmael's father try to get him to take a shower?
(a) Take his clothes.
(b) Chase him with cold water.
(c) Drag him to the shower.
(d) Throw him in the river.
2. In the story Musa told, what dish did Bra Spider's village made?
(a) Okra soup.
(b) Meat and rice.
(c) Rice and vegetables.
(d) Cassava leaves with meat, potato leaves.
3. In Chapter 10 when the boys left the village that had been so kind to them, what did they carry?
(a) Water and meat.
(b) Cooked rice.
4. After Ishmael's unit captured a village in Chapter 16, how many days did it take Kanei and Moriba to get help?
5. Where was Jumah stationed in Chapter 15?
6. In Chapter 11, how many villages did the rebels say they burned that day?
7. What would Ishmael's grandmother call him because of his tricks?
8. At the end of Chapter 13, how long was it before Ishmael could sleep?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) A week.
9. What did a nurse give Ishmael at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Ice cream.
(d) Migraine medicine.
10. What was Ishmael's nickname when he was a soldier?
(a) Yellow Snake.
(c) Green Snake.
(d) Little Rambo.
11. What did Esther give Ishmael when he saw her a second time in Chapter 17?
(a) Walkman and a cassette.
(b) Soccer jersey.
12. How many months after Ishmael arrived did Ishmael's friend Mohamed arrive at Bennin Home?
13. What took the boys' meat in Chapter 10?
14. During the second dry season of Ishmael's war years, how often did they stop during a three-day journey to a village they wanted to take over?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Three times a day.
(c) Four times a day.
(d) Once a day.
15. What time was the food ready for Ishmael's name-giving ceremony?
(a) 9 a.m.
(d) 5 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what did men catch during a hunt?
2. In Chapter 11, what was one of the rebels carrying?
3. What was the name of the girl that Esther reminded Ishmael of?
4. When were the heaviest rainfalls in Sierra Leone?
5. How did Alhaji react when he had withdrawal symptoms?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)