|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first to begin crying in Chapter 11?
2. Where were Ishmael and the other boys taken in Chapter 15?
3. n Chapter 15, how long had Ishmael been fighting?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 26 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 2 years.
4. Which of the boys was shot in Chapter 14, after a man with a beard was shot in the head?
5. In the story Musa told, what dish did Bra Spider's village made?
(a) Cassava leaves with meat, potato leaves.
(b) Rice and vegetables.
(c) Okra soup.
(d) Meat and rice.
6. Where was Alhaji when the rebels attacked Mattru Jong?
(b) Friend's home.
7. After Ishmael's unit captured a village in Chapter 16, how many days did it take Kanei and Moriba to get help?
8. Where was Ismael injured that caused him to be carried in a hammock for help?
(a) Right shoulder.
(b) Left foot.
(c) Right foot.
(d) Left shoulder.
9. What was Ishmael's nickname when he was a soldier?
(b) Little Rambo.
(c) Green Snake.
(d) Yellow Snake.
10. What was Esther wearing when she and two men came to take Ishmael to the hospital for his examination?
(a) Flowered dress.
(b) White shirt and navy shirt.
(c) Nurse's uniform.
(d) Jean skirt.
11. In Chapter 14, how many boys were picked for a killing demonstration?
12. In Chapter 10 when the boys left the village that had been so kind to them, what did they carry?
(a) Water and meat.
(b) Cooked rice.
13. What did Esther buy Alhaji when they took Ishmael to the hospital for an examination?
(a) Soccer jersey.
(c) Cassette tape.
(d) Rugby jersey.
14. What did a nurse give Ishmael at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Ice cream.
(c) Migraine medicine.
15. What rank was the soldier who was in the room after Ishmael had been in the hospital in Chapter 16?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle did Esther come in when she and two men came to take Ishmael to the hospital for his examination?
2. In Chapter 12, when Ishmael and the others were captured at gunpoint, how many men were on the ground with uniforms soaked in blood?
3. In Chapter 10, how many people ate from each plate?
4. What did Ishmael think he could hear at the end of Chapter 14?
5. What did the older women call Ishmael at his name-giving ceremony?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)