|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ishmael left the swamp in Chapter 7, what did he stuff in his pockets?
2. In Chapter 7 after the attack, how often did Kaloko and Ishmael return to Kamator to see if people returned?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Every 3 days.
(d) Every day.
3. How old was Ishmael's younger brother in Chapter 1?
4. How old were the rebels who captured the boys in Chapter 5?
(a) 20 or younger.
(b) 25 or younger.
(c) 18 or younger.
(d) 21 or younger.
5. Why wouldn't the families who had walked to Ishmael's village stay there?
(a) They had family to stay with.
(b) They wanted to leave the country.
(c) They were sick and looking for a hospital.
(d) They knew the war was coming to his village.
6. When did Sierra Leone gain independence?
7. Sierra Leone been a British colony since what year?
8. In Chapter 8, how many days did Ishmael walk without sleeping?
9. Who would climb trees in Chapter 4, to get something to eat?
10. How long did Ishmael and his brother wait at the wharf hoping to see their families or someone else from their village in Chapter 1?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 45 minutes.
11. Who taught Ishmael and Junior about medicinal leaves and tree bark?
12. When was Ishmael first touched by war?
(a) February 1992.
(b) January 1993.
(c) September 1994.
(d) March 1991.
13. What type of shoes did the rebels wear who captured the boys in Chapter 5?
14. Where was Ishmael living in Chapter 2?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
15. What time did rebels attack Kamator in Chapter 7?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 7 p.m.
(c) 8 p.m.
(d) 6 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did families come from when they walked through Ishmael's village?
2. In Chapter 9, what game did Ishmael and the other boys play by the ocean?
3. In Chapter 4, when the boys and the other people who had entered the town together returned to the swamp, how many crossed at a time?
4. When did Ishmael's father say was the beginning of rotten politics?
5. What was the name of the village where the boys first acted as guards and then farm workers?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)