|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Ishmael and Junior about medicinal leaves and tree bark?
2. At whose house did Ishmael, his brother, and friend stay in Mattru Jong?
3. What food did an old man offer Ishmael and the other boys in Chapter 8?
4. Sierra Leone been a British colony since what year?
5. What did a man use to relieve the pain in the boys' feet in Chapter 9?
(a) Cool water.
(b) Mashed herbs.
(c) Wet clothes.
(d) Steamed grass.
6. In Chapter 9, what game did Ishmael and the other boys play by the ocean?
(a) Kick the can.
7. In Chapter 4, when the boys and the other people who had entered the town together returned to the swamp, how many crossed at a time?
8. What type of shoes did the rebels wear who captured the boys in Chapter 5?
9. What time was a curfew set for in Mattru Jong after Mogbwemo was attached?
(a) 8 p.m.
(b) 8:30 p.m.
(c) 7 p.m.
(d) 7:30 p.m.
10. How long did Ishmael and his brother wait at the wharf hoping to see their families or someone else from their village in Chapter 1?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
11. How far did families come from when they walked through Ishmael's village?
(a) 500 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 150 miles.
(d) Hundred of miles.
12. How old were the rebels who captured the boys in Chapter 5?
(a) 25 or younger.
(b) 20 or younger.
(c) 21 or younger.
(d) 18 or younger.
13. When Ishmael and his brother returned to his grandmother's village, what type of vehicle did a man drive up with his dead family inside?
14. In Chapter 4, where did the boys sleep?
(b) Abandoned villages.
(c) Piles of brush.
15. How many rebels capture the boys in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the village where the boys first acted as guards and then farm workers?
2. How old was Ishmael's younger brother in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 4, how long did the six boys walks together on a tiny path?
4. When Ishmael left the swamp in Chapter 7, what did he stuff in his pockets?
5. How old was Ishmael in Chapter 1?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)