|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was on either side of the path the boys walked at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Tall trees.
2. In Chapter 9 at the fisherman's hut, which of the boys boasted about being an excellent soccer player?
3. How many bodies were near the old man on a verandah in Chapter 4?
4. What did Junior and Ishmael have in their mouths when their father held a ceremony to bless their new home in Mogbwemo?
(d) Lemon drops.
5. In Chapter 4, how long did the six boys walks together on a tiny path?
6. What did a man feed the boys in Chapter 9 after they damaged their feet?
(a) Coconut and rice.
(b) Maize and corn.
(c) Fried-fish soup and rice.
(d) Cassava and yams.
7. What direction did the Iman face during prayers in Kamator?
8. How long did Ishmael and his brother wait at the wharf hoping to see their families or someone else from their village in Chapter 1?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 90 minutes.
(c) 3 hours.
(d) 45 minutes.
9. What food did an old man offer Ishmael and the other boys in Chapter 8?
10. When did Sierra Leone gain independence?
11. What color handkerchiefs did rebels wear in Chapter 4?
12. In Chapter 8, how many days did Ishmael walk without sleeping?
13. In Chapter 9, how many languages did Ishmael and the other boys know?
14. In Chapter 9, how long did Ishmael and the other boys stay in a fisherman's hut while their feet healed?
(a) 4 days.
(b) A week and a half.
(c) 5 days.
(d) A week.
15. What type of shoes did the rebels wear who captured the boys in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far apart did Ishmael's parents live?
2. From what tribe was the fisherman who cared for the boys in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 5, how old was the man caught crossing a bridge into the village?
4. In Chapter 3, how long was the majority of the population of Mattru Jong in hiding?
5. What stories would the families tell who walked through Ishmael's village?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)