|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the rebels took the boys to the village in Chapter 5, how many people were rounded up to watch?
(b) Over 15.
(c) Around 20.
2. Why wouldn't the families who had walked to Ishmael's village stay there?
(a) They wanted to leave the country.
(b) They knew the war was coming to his village.
(c) They had family to stay with.
(d) They were sick and looking for a hospital.
3. At the end of Chapter 5, how long did Ishmael, Junior, and their friends lie in the forest hiding?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) About an hour and a half.
(d) Almost an hour.
4. What food did an old man offer Ishmael and the other boys in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 5, what did the boy's mother that they stole from give the six boys later?
(b) Okra soup.
6. When Ishmael left the swamp in Chapter 7, what did he stuff in his pockets?
7. In Chapter 7, how long did Ishmael and Kaloko hide in the bushes with a family?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
8. When was Ishmael first touched by war?
(a) February 1992.
(b) January 1993.
(c) September 1994.
(d) March 1991.
9. What direction did the Iman face during prayers in Kamator?
10. How many bodies were near the old man on a verandah in Chapter 4?
11. How old was Ishmael the first time he was touched by war?
12. What time did Ishmael, his brother, and friend arrive at his grandmother's village?
(c) 2 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
13. What did the rebels do to the Iman in Chapter 7?
(a) Decapitated him.
(b) Burned him.
(c) Hung him.
(d) Attacked him with a machete.
14. What food did the six boys steal from a younger boy?
(a) Sweet potato.
15. How old was Kanei, one of the boys, Ishmael encountered in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, what were the only wars Ishmael had heard about?
2. In Chapter 8, how far did wild pigs chase Ishmael before he could climb a tree?
3. In Chapter 7, how many days did Ishmael walk from dawn to dusk and see no one?
4. What did a man use to relieve the pain in the boys' feet in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 8, how long did Ishmael spend in the forest before running into people again?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)