|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ishmael living in Chapter 2?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
2. At the beginning of the book, what were the only wars Ishmael had heard about?
(a) In movies.
(b) In history books.
(c) From novels.
(d) That his great-grandfather talked about.
3. In Chapter 4, how did the old man that the boys saw on a verandah die?
(b) Bullet to the chest.
(c) Bullet to the forehead.
4. Including him, how many were in Ishmael's rap and dance group?
5. In Chapter 7, how many days did Ishmael walk from dawn to dusk and see no one?
6. At whose house did Ishmael, his brother, and friend stay in Mattru Jong?
7. What did the rebels do to the Iman in Chapter 7?
(a) Hung him.
(b) Burned him.
(c) Decapitated him.
(d) Attacked him with a machete.
8. In Chapter 3, how long was the majority of the population of Mattru Jong in hiding?
(a) 12 days.
(b) A week.
(c) 5 days.
(d) A few days.
9. What did Junior and Ishmael have in their mouths when their father held a ceremony to bless their new home in Mogbwemo?
(a) Lemon drops.
10. At the end of Chapter 5, how long did Ishmael, Junior, and their friends lie in the forest hiding?
(a) About an hour and a half.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) Almost an hour.
11. What time was a curfew set for in Mattru Jong after Mogbwemo was attached?
(a) 8:30 p.m.
(b) 7:30 p.m.
(c) 7 p.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
12. What type of shoes did the rebels wear who captured the boys in Chapter 5?
13. When did Ishmael's father say was the beginning of rotten politics?
14. What was the only food the boys found in Khalilou's house in Chapter 4?
(b) Raw rice.
(d) Rotten food.
15. In Chapter 9, how many languages did Ishmael and the other boys know?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what game did Ishmael and the other boys play by the ocean?
2. Where was Junior during the attack in Chapter 7?
3. Why did Ishmael and his brother and a friend go to Mattru Jong in Chapter 1?
4. From what tribe was the fisherman who cared for the boys in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 3, how far away was it rumored that the rebels were stationed?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)