|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rebels capture the boys in Chapter 5?
2. How many miles did Ishmael, his brother, and friend have to travel to Mattru Jong after leaving Ishmael's grandmother's village?
3. In Chapter 5, how old was the boy that Ishmael and his companions stole food from?
4. At the beginning of the book, what were the only wars Ishmael had heard about?
(a) In history books.
(b) In movies.
(c) From novels.
(d) That his great-grandfather talked about.
5. What time was a curfew set for in Mattru Jong after Mogbwemo was attached?
(a) 7 p.m.
(b) 7:30 p.m.
(c) 8:30 p.m.
(d) 8 p.m.
6. Where was Ishmael living in Chapter 2?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
7. In Chapter 9 at the fisherman's hut, which of the boys boasted about being an excellent soccer player?
8. What stories would the families tell who walked through Ishmael's village?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) Life before the war.
(c) Relatives killed; homes burned.
(d) Fighting in the streets.
9. How far did Ishmael, his brother, and friend have to walk to Mattru jong?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 6 miles.
(c) 16 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
10. What did Junior and Ishmael have in their mouths when their father held a ceremony to bless their new home in Mogbwemo?
(b) Lemon drops.
11. In Chapter 4, how long did the six boys walks together on a tiny path?
12. In Chapter 7, how many homes were burned?
13. Why did Ishmael and his brother and a friend go to Mattru Jong in Chapter 1?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Participate in a talent show.
(c) Watch television.
(d) Visit family.
14. How old was Ishmael in Chapter 1?
15. What type of shoes did the rebels wear who captured the boys in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Sierra Leone gain independence?
2. When Ishmael left the swamp in Chapter 7, what did he stuff in his pockets?
3. How old were the rebels who captured the boys in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 7 after the attack, how often did Kaloko and Ishmael return to Kamator to see if people returned?
5. How far apart did Ishmael's parents live?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)