|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how many languages did Ishmael and the other boys know?
2. How long did Ishmael and his brother wait at the wharf hoping to see their families or someone else from their village in Chapter 1?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
3. From what tribe was the fisherman who cared for the boys in Chapter 9?
4. Why did Ishmael and his brother and a friend go to Mattru Jong in Chapter 1?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Participate in a talent show.
(c) Visit family.
(d) Watch television.
5. In Chapter 9 at the fisherman's hut, which of the boys boasted about being an excellent soccer player?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how far away was it rumored that the rebels were stationed?
2. At the beginning of the book, what were the only wars Ishmael had heard about?
3. Sierra Leone been a British colony since what year?
4. Where was Junior during the attack in Chapter 7?
5. What color handkerchiefs did rebels wear in Chapter 4?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)